• Someone else who is already signed for 2021

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Jackson form has fallen off a cliff. Should he be Captain next season?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy to give Josh the benefit of doubt and let him be our captain next year.
He probably needs T.B to manage his game plan/minutes a little bit better than the last couple of seasons.
I would say a different number on his jersey could also help.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say it after him sitting out on a Sunday finals game... but it should be Hoppa and if so I'd be inclined to put him at fullback again.

But honestly who are we kidding Jackson will be captain until he leaves. He's served us well but he should have left years ago when he had the chance... as he's wasted what's suppose to be the best years of his career with us and regressed under our shit systems. So out of respect I think he's captain until 2023.

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was the worst I've ever seen him play. It's sad as he has been a great and loyal player for us over the years.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s Jackson he needs to move to lock and play limited minutes . He is finished as an edge backrower.

Foran joint captain .

Every game that either Lewis or Wakeham play raises Forans contract value . It’s clear neither one of them are anywhere near NRL standard so next year it has to be Foran plus a recruited half (either Burton or maybe Blake Green if we get desperate).

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a talker, unfortunately it'll be tolman should he remain in the squad.
Looking to the future, I'd take Hoppa.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As a talker, unfortunately it'll be tolman should he remain in the squad.
Looking to the future, I'd take Hoppa.
Yeah I left Tolman & Foran off as they haven't been offerred or signed for next season.

Tolman has played really dumb last 4 games anyway so that rules him out, if the club does offer him a new contract.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His firm hasn’t been the same since he got the captaincy.the two best captains we had we let go.one of the best was James graham.we didn’t just lose a forward when we let him go we lost a leader! And truth is we have never recovered since he left.he would give it to his fellow players on the field! That is what a captain is about.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange that nobody voted for Lewis yet.:|:laughing::laughing: I guess if the media asked him he would say he is ready to step up for that challenge, but seriously he wont be in the team next year. Surely TB will see he is not a first grade NRL halfback

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson needs to be in the middle playing 50-60 mins a week. He's not the player he was but I'm confident he would do a good job plugging the middle for us. He's not a great captain and hopefully he and Barrett will have an honest conversation about what he brings and doesn't bring to the role. Just hearing him say the best thing about Georgallis is his laid-backness, when we're coming last, says a lot. We need fire in the guts of our coach and captain right now, not laid-backness.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Strange that nobody voted for Lewis yet.:|:laughing::laughing: I guess if the media asked him he would say he is ready to step up for that challenge, but seriously he wont be in the team next year. Surely TB will see he is not a first grade NRL halfback
Georgalis seemed to have finally accepted that reality in the press conference.

If he picks LL next game, he has lost all credibility really.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe Tamou a good frontrow/captain option for us for 2 years?

We need a big guy. We need a respected leader.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I picked Lewis thinking I would be the only one but I wasn't lol

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa (C) for sure. Consistent. Has Footy IQ. Calm under pressure. On the field for 80 mins. Let Jackson focus back on his footy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson or Hoppa. Jackson should never have been captain.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His firm hasn’t been the same since he got the captaincy.the two best captains we had we let go.one of the best was James graham.we didn’t just lose a forward when we let him go we lost a leader! And truth is we have never recovered since he left.he would give it to his fellow players on the field! That is what a captain is about.
Graham should never have been let go, don't care if his form was going down abit. He was always going to be worth more to us than Tolman and fucking Woods. I still have my fingers crossed he will get a job helping the club when he returns, but I don't think Barrett would want him tbh.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis with 3 votes haha