Who plays fullback rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa is the safe choice, but boz is the attacking choice.

If you are hoping to squeeze a few more years out of Brett you don’t play him at fullback. Doubt he has finished too many games there. He isn’t built for it anymore. Excess running puta strain on his knees and hammies.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
put brett morris at fullback already is what i said before round 1, i stand by it

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying I agree with it but I won't be surprised to see JMK there. Moving Hoppa or Brett Morris means you need to find another player in the centres or on the wing and Pay loves Holland on the bench.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give Montoya a go back there - he may be a revelation at the back. He is good under the high ball and maybe he is better defending in the middle?
I think he is worth a go at FB. Back there he wont have to cover for Hopoate's missed tackles as much. He is good under the high ball and can chime in when needed.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly it doesn’t matter, the whole team stands behind our try line most games anyway waiting for kicks after tries against us.
What a shambles this is.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I give another vote for Holland. At least he looks like Les Johns and can kick goals. Might surprise. I like his attitude. And attitude is something we need in spades.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he is worth a go at FB. Back there he wont have to cover for Hopoate's missed tackles as much. He is good under the high ball and can chime in when needed.
Only thing is no speed of the mark and a horrendous turning circle.

Sad we haven’t had a u20s team of any note for 6 years. You can tell with the talent coming through or lack there off.

Back in the day we had Jackson, finucane, Reynolds, Barba, kasiano, Smith, Daniel Harris, so many promising players.

If we can get our u16, 18, 20s in order then the production line will be like 10 years ago when we could rip out the likes of Barba, Reynolds, kas, etc. instead of relying on a 27 year old like Cleeland.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Feastwood for fullback, at least he lose a bit of fat with the extra running required.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best chance we have of avoiding the spoon imo is having Brett at the back, we need speed supporting offloads because our halves are poo stains...
1. B.Morris
2. Holland
3. Hopoate
4. J.Morris
5. Olive
I can live with that, most likely bmoz is gone at end of this year anyway so it does not matter about risking injuries for him or if he can't handle the workload. Worth a crack he is still a very dangerous runner of the ball

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of questions to be answered...

Holland - Last chance to solidify a spot in a first grade team.

Hoppa - He fits but aint long term, waste of time

Montoya - Would rather him get back to his best as a left winger. Could be a good running FB but lacks footwork and ball playing skills. I just want a FB!!!

Bergamin - Footballer. Played FB in juniors, is a natural FB but can play anywhere in the backline. MY CHOICE because its best to see where we should play him ( FB, CENTRE, WING )

Brown - Is this guy still here?? Why haven't we sold him to Manly in a swap deal for Marty yet!!!!!!!!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure we have some over paid donkey that can play fullback

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Plenty of questions to be answered...

Holland - Last chance to solidify a spot in a first grade team.

Hoppa - He fits but aint long term, waste of time

Montoya - Would rather him get back to his best as a left winger. Could be a good running FB but lacks footwork and ball playing skills. I just want a FB!!!

Bergamin - Footballer. Played FB in juniors, is a natural FB but can play anywhere in the backline. MY CHOICE because its best to see where we should play him ( FB, CENTRE, WING )

Brown - Is this guy still here?? Why haven't we sold him to Manly in a swap deal for Marty yet!!!!!!!!

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only one of the choices that can help us win games is B Morris. I don’t think Bergamin is in top 30 otherwise I’d give him a go.
Try and get Meaney before June 30 and get him some experience if he is our intended fullback for next year. Better to expose him now and learn from it. Not going to effect us this year now.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only one of the choices that can help us win games is B Morris. I don’t think Bergamin is in top 30 otherwise I’d give him a go.
Try and get Meaney before June 30 and get him some experience if he is our intended fullback for next year. Better to expose him now and learn from it. Not going to effect us this year now.
Your right but I personally wouldn't bother with Bmoz. Flogging a dead horse, we are gone, time to build for the future so our best option would be to release him early too if possible.

Meaney would be preferred or if we can get Bergs into the top 30 somehow it may work out better for us if he shines or even give us more clarity on him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Frawley.

He needs to analyse and see what a good kicking game looks like from the fullback position.

Status
Not open for further replies.