Opinion Who is ultimately to blame for the current state the club is in?

Who is ultimately to blame for the current state the club is in?

• Total voters

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It probably doesn't matter now but just wanted to see if there is a general consensus of " who's responsible for the current mess that the club is in?"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Better to frame 2 polls.

Who was responsible 3 years ago. No contest...Ray Dib cos the buck stops at the top.

The other poll should be... has enough been done the past 3 years. Terrible cap roster with what funds were available. That poll should see L Anderson win as the buck stops at the top there as well.

And before all the excusers start...the poll says "our current mess" not what we hope will happen next year :grinning:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The most damaging thing that was done to the club was the juniors neglect.. we could have easily navigated around the salary cap mess if we had a steady stream of youngster coming through..

Everything else pales in comparison...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Better to frame 2 polls.

Who was responsible 3 years ago. No contest...Ray Dib cos the buck stops at the top.

The other poll should be... has enough been done the past 3 years. Terrible cap roster with what funds were available. That poll should see L Anderson win as the buck stops at the top there as well.

And before all the excusers start...the poll says "our current mess" not what we hope will happen next year :grinning:
So you want two polls for the same issue. OK :-).

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The most damaging thing that was done to the club was the juniors neglect.. we could have easily navigated around the salary cap mess if we had a steady stream of youngster coming through..

Junior development seems to have picked up. We’ve got a few players coming through that have talent. The thing is you don’t see the rewards of investment into junior development until years later.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thats a very good point - and it needs to be the basis for maintaining a competitive squad in the future.
Hasler Dib Castle Cleal started the rot through neglect of juniors, being pc etc BUT the current board are not instilling confidence that they are able to make good decisions.
The HM under 16s team showed good signs this year BUT the SGBall were disappointing (with a few exceptions) and Flegg based on trail form and team lists were likely to struggle as well.

No excuses now - will be interesting to see what they do with 2021 development squad.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Junior development seems to have picked up. We’ve got a few players coming through that have talent. The thing is you don’t see the rewards of investment into junior development until years later.
Do you know if it is true that we lost Paul Alamoti to the eels?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
She’ll blame Rupert Murdoch & Scomo like every other post haha
Thankfully I haven’t seen those.
I don’t subscribe to ‘Wendy’s Day’.
Quality journalism brought to you by ‘a source’, ‘an insider’ and ‘a friend’ :-).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm so over this whole conversation. The answer is all of the above. It's been a complete administrative failure by Dib/Castle/Des and then Anderson/Hill/Pay. They're all to blame.

I can't wait til we can praise the club, coaches and players again as opposed to going round in circles debating past and present fuck ups by everyone involved.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be completely honest Dib, Castle and Hasler got us into this mess with reckless spending and just very very poor recruitment and personnel choices. Cost us a premiership for sure.

now the Anderson’s and hill have kept us here for a 3rd season. No improvement at all since taking over from the previous board (if anything we are much much worse now). So currently it is this board. The came to power Promising big improvements for 2021. They came out a few months ago saying they were optimistic (instead of being wrong) and 23-24 looks more likely inline with parra and knights.

Unfortunately they have underperformed and underachieved. Buck stops with them. Use dib and castle as a scapegoat for a year. Hell even 2. But when the 4th year is still looking bleak (green with a snapped acl was our master plan?) then they need to fall on their sword either immediately or by the next board elections (2022).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It probably doesn't matter now but just wanted to see if there is a general consensus of " who's responsible for the current mess that the club is in?"
To be honest I could not give a fuck about who's fault it is because we are living it and would prefer a solution. What I would kill for is a a bloody minded dictator with exceptional communication skills, a solid love for the club, preferably commercially connected that knows how to lead.

Someone that will inspire others, and who understands completely the importance of allowing individuals do what they are good at, rather than micro managing the shit out of every facet of the football team and off field commercial interest.

Can we run an add on Seek????

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I could not give a fuck about who's fault it is because we are living it and would prefer a solution. What I would kill for is a a bloody minded dictator with exceptional communication skills, a solid love for the club, preferably commercially connected that knows how to lead.

Someone that will inspire others, and who understands completely the importance of allowing individuals do what they are good at, rather than micro managing the shit out of every facet of the football team and off field commercial interest.
Was that an application Baz? :-).

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib, Des and Cleal and Castle era really neglected our juniors and allowed a horrible salary cap position with back ended contracts. However the new board and coaching staff have further depleted our playing stocks. We have moved on a lot of talented footballers to sign inferior replacements. The club has been on a downward decline since we lost Todd Greenberg . I didn’t rate him as CEO of the NRL , but I must say he was great in his time at the Bulldogs and dug us out of a massive hole we found ourselves in prior to his appointment. He left us in a strong position only for the muppets to destroy things there after.