Who is this?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That highlight reel reminded me more of a young Barba. He was scrawny too when he first came into first grade.
I watched him play a few games when he first got to the club and he wore a head gear.. He used to tuck his head in when he ran but watching those highlights he really has his chest up now. I had a feeling he would be good but damn his looking really good. Impressed.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, looks good. Pace, balance and swerve.
Hope he's in the development squad.
I'll be keeping an ey e out for this kid.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck that young fella makes montoya look like hes standing still
Literally anyone is faster than Montoya. Bloke is the slowest winger ive seen in years. Big and slugish. How they keep saying he's fast at training i dont get!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Literally anyone is faster than Montoya. Bloke is the slowest winger ive seen in years. Big and slugish. How they keep saying he's fast at training i dont get!
Montoya is fast, he just needs 120m to get up to full speed

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This kid looks special based on his attack. I'm not sure what his defense is like but im liking his style.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This kid reminds me a lot of Addo-Carr. Similar build and moves like him as well, an exciting prospect that’s for sure.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wish him the best of luck, we definately have the need, the need for speed.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Speed..it’s a beautiful thing to watch..even a better thing to have.. Good luck to the kid..let’s hope he develops to his full potential..the Doggies could sure use him!

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looks like he will be starting at Fullback in ISP by the look of some the training pics posted today.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like he will be starting at Fullback in ISP by the look of some the training pics posted today.
Interesting ... gees we are looking to have a serious side in NSW Cup this year.

If the above is the case:

BACKLINE:
1. Clayton
2. Montoya/Crichton/Hoppa/Holland/Meaney (as someone will have to drop back as Smith has one first grade spot).
3. Harper
4. Anderson/Olive
5. Tui Katoa

HALVES:
6. Wakeham
7. Cogger

STARTING PROPS:
8. Tualau (or someone dropping back from first grade)
10. To'omaga (or someone dropping back from first grade)

HOOKER:
9. JMK / Lichaa / Brown / Gray (possibly) / Garlick

STARTING SECOND ROW:
11. Ogden/Smith/Okunbor/Garlick
12. Ogden/Smith/Okunbor/Garlick

LOCK:
13. Ogden/Smith/Garlick

BENCH:
Roumanos
Dooley (I think he'll step up)
Sadler
Ogden/Smith/Garlick/Okunbor

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interesting ... gees we are looking to have a serious side in NSW Cup this year.

If the above is the case:

BACKLINE:
1. Clayton
2. Montoya/Crichton/Hoppa/Holland/Meaney (as someone will have to drop back as Smith has one first grade spot).
3. Harper
4. Anderson/Olive
5. Tui Katoa

HALVES:
6. Wakeham
7. Cogger

STARTING PROPS:
8. Tualau (or someone dropping back from first grade)
10. To'omaga (or someone dropping back from first grade)

HOOKER:
9. JMK / Lichaa / Brown / Gray (possibly) / Garlick

STARTING SECOND ROW:
11. Ogden/Smith/Okunbor/Garlick
12. Ogden/Smith/Okunbor/Garlick

LOCK:
13. Ogden/Smith/Garlick

BENCH:
Roumanos
Dooley (I think he'll step up)
Sadler
Ogden/Smith/Garlick/Okunbor
Yeah definitely a chance to go back to back this year, I really like the look of this Clayton kid, except for his twig legs. He needs to not skip any leg days in his workouts. His coach last year was saying he was the quickest in the Comp despite playing a year up. The way he changes the ball carrying arm when fending and the way he swerves around defenders, not many first graders can do that. If we’re going on the training photos though, it looks like Martin will be playing ISP as well. Not happy about that, hopefully I’m reading too much in those pics.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah definitely a chance to go back to back this year, I really like the look of this Clayton kid, except for his twig legs. He needs to not skip any leg days in his workouts. His coach last year was saying he was the quickest in the Comp despite playing a year up. The way he changes the ball carrying arm when fending and the way he swerves around defenders, not many first graders can do that. If we’re going on the training photos though, it looks like Martin will be playing ISP as well. Not happy about that, hopefully I’m reading too much in those pics.
I think Martin will be in the side. We need him and Holland there for kicking. Personally I reckon Martin is best playing at lock.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His fast enough for a centre.. If he gets bigger over the next few years, gains a good fend and step kid could be a really good player. In the Matt Cooper mould...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Martin will be in the side. We need him and Holland there for kicking. Personally I reckon Martin is best playing at lock.
He could be a Jim Dymock kind of lock couldn't he.. I wonder if his got a good general kicking game?