Who is this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recognise them. Where's the grind , the hard work?
Des must be laughing at us right about now

Cannot remember the last time I saw the opposition score a 100 metre try against us let alone 2 in one game and worse still in the first half and worser still ,back to back....
We look short of a run. Not match fit. There are positive signs there however.

I don’t think the fact that nearly every Bulldog out there tonight had only played 40 min in the preseason helped at all.

Fact is we are 7th-8th team at best. We were playing the match hard Premiers. The score didn’t reflect the game tonight. Melbourne were better but not that much better. They were better at taking opportunities when they presented themselves than we did.

It doesn’t sound right when you get beaten by 18. But I am happier with that performance than some of the wins in the last few years.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rediculous thread!!
Yeah should be used to it from her, has no idea
If you want to live in your little fairy tale world then go ahead but don't try to rubbish my opinion , at least throw in an argument on why you think out team is working with the same "dogs of war " mentality..
That's what was missing last night ,that's why I didn't recognise the team

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We look short of a run. Not match fit. There are positive signs there however.

I don’t think the fact that nearly every Bulldog out there tonight had only played 40 min in the preseason helped at all.

Fact is we are 7th-8th team at best. We were playing the match hard Premiers. The score didn’t reflect the game tonight. Melbourne were better but not that much better. They were better at taking opportunities when they presented themselves than we did.

It doesn’t sound right when you get beaten by 18. But I am happier with that performance than some of the wins in the last few years.
I can't accept being 7th or 8th.. We are a rich club, the pokies make sure of that.. We should be top 4 at least.
That middle should be tight, impenetrable formiddable .. That's what we're known for.. It's the backbone of our dogs of war mentality.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will come good mark my words,we were match fit/combinations short of a game ,the individual mistakes cost us we are in for a good year just be patient

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah should be used to it from her, has no idea
Very true. At least it had nothing to do with ennis!! Lol
Cant believe anyone bagging our team after our first loss, against the reigning premiers no less. We played pretty well in fact. Our execution was pretty good, we showed great flair in attack as well which is something new. We just missed a few simple tackles that lead to tries, andd melbourne scored a few lucky ones like ado carrs second.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2018 is akin to inspecting a fish before you gut it. Just about working out which of the guts don't work and removing them.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mistakes and defence let us down big time.Alot of positive and if can get right will make massive difference. Expect pay to drill boys through week.mbye needs to watch tape of tedesco support play and needs to hunt through middle with offloads.questionable effort from hoppa-not very good with no space,frawley ok but no spark,Elliot offered no impact.where is the real David klemmer?.using the bench right is a learning experience for pay, from players picked to time implemented.i actually expected us to win game but seen enough to be optimistic .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't accept being 7th or 8th.. We are a rich club, the pokies make sure of that.. We should be top 4 at least.
That middle should be tight, impenetrable formiddable .. That's what we're known for.. It's the backbone of our dogs of war mentality.
You know there is a salary cap yeah? So we all have the same amount of talent on the field.
We played pretty well. Our attacking flair was very promising, RFM was a beast, foran had a great game, woods had plenty of offloads, mbye was very good for his first run at fb, and melbourne scored a few lucky tries, and we missed a few tackles that lead to tries.
But you suggesting that our play was better inder des, and that he would be laughing at how we played. What a joke.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
we don't have the squad to be top 4, imho anyone who thought we would magically be a top 4 team this season just because we swapped over a coach is extremely optimistic and not really been realistic. It is going to take time to clean up the mess hasler left.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Facts:
-Promising signs in attack (unlucky with the Addo-Carr intercept), that was a potential game changer.
-We played much straighter which was good to see.
-Mbye at fullback... wow! Probably the highlight of the game for a Dogs supporter.
-Frawley is not the answer in the halves. That out on the full bomb swung valuable momentum back Storms way, they scored a few tackles later. His dropping the ball off the kick off was disgraceful, forced us to defend repeat sets and sapped our energy.
-The decision to go for penalty goal early was negative and poor judgement. The Storm are a team you need to put under pressure and any score under 20 isn’t enough to beat them.
-Our bench strength is terrible. Tolman and Elliott off the bench is weak. We are better off with guys like Tualau, Ogden, Burr & To’omaga bending the line.
-For all the talk about “dogs of war”, that just didn’t exist in 80mins of football. I was expecting a pack mentality in the forwards with bruising defence... not sure if Pay showed the boys the right era in the video room on how it’s done.

A part of me is disappointed, but who were we kidding, the Storm are the Storm, they are just so well drilled and they execute perfectly no matter who they have on the roster.

A part of me is excited to see the shackles coming off. They didn’t look robotic and ultra predictable.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!
Time for some reality. We are NOT a top 4 roster. We will have a very successful year if we make finals this year.

Our roster has been mismanaged in resent years. We are paying about $800k out of our cap for players to play elsewhere. We have players like Eastwood on $800k a year. As well as a few others getting way overs.

This will take a couple of years to fix and hopefully we are on the right track.

I would love nothing more than top 4. But to have this as an expectation is delusional.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No excuses for a poor defensive effort but it's only Rd 1. A bit less talking in the media would be good - just focus on footy for a bit.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know there is a salary cap yeah? So we all have the same amount of talent on the field.
We played pretty well. Our attacking flair was very promising, RFM was a beast, foran had a great game, woods had plenty of offloads, mbye was very good for his first run at fb, and melbourne scored a few lucky tries, and we missed a few tackles that lead to tries.
But you suggesting that our play was better inder des, and that he would be laughing at how we played. What a joke.
Defence is our hallmark . We were meant to improve our game with the addition of Foran in attack and the dally m forward of the year was meant to improve our defence..

Graham and Ennis (Now that you mention him) would carry a lot of players .
Sharon will only do what's in his job description .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defence is our hallmark . We were meant to improve our game with the addition of Foran in attack and the dally m forward of the year was meant to improve our defence..

Graham and Ennis (Now that you mention him) would carry a lot of players .
Sharon will only do what's in his job description .
So you prefer desball? Good for you.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you prefer desball? Good for you.
I think you're a trolling me but I'll respond anyway.
Desball was all about defence and below average attack.
Now it's all about attack and below average defense .

Status
Not open for further replies.