News Who is the next Papali’i? NRL’s top 10 value-for-money signings of 2023

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would Tigers be paying some of Musgrove’s salary though? Since he was meant to be a tiger for 2 more years?
If Tigers are paying half of Musgrove’s, ($250k) they’re effectively swapping Musgrove for Klemmer and paying $650k for him.
I’m just saying if we could have got Klemmer for half his salary for the next 2 seasons, it would have been a steal

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bro he won knights players player award 2 seasons running and even last season which wasn’t one of his better seasons, including coming of the bench he was averaging 155-160m a game.
He has been way better than both Saifiti brothers the past 2 seasons & is one of the best defensive props in the game. He would easily be our best prop if he were at the club.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but he is very predictable just a hit up player and slow play the ball
Mason is more educated than me and probably you? He makes sense
All he was criticising him for iirc, was being predictable. You’ve also gotta put it in the context he said it, which was about playing a highly skilled and fast style of game. They were talking about the Tigers wanting to play the same style as 2005, and Mase said they don’t have the skill. Pretty sure that’s the context where he was critical of Klemmer.

As a straight up and down metre eater, I still rate Klem.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
YKTR podcast, very good Mason talks alot of sense, very smart man big Willy, hence why Gus has got him on board i assume.
Yeh big Mase is a doog. Most people think he's just a buffoon bit I agree he has good football sense. I suppose being around a few shit clubs made him realise what some of the drivers were that made the dogs of war era a success

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don't know the full story about Klemmer. Did he (or Chloe) want to come back to the Bulldogs; is he still pissed off with us so much that he wouldn't come back?
Or is it the fact that Gus & Fittler, being close, discussed Klemmer and the fact that Fittler didn't pick Klemmer for SOO because he was, IIRC, sulky and disruptive help Gus decide that he wasn't right for the Bulldogs new culture?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We don't know the full story about Klemmer. Did he (or Chloe) want to come back to the Bulldogs; is he still pissed off with us so much that he wouldn't come back?
Or is it the fact that Gus & Fittler, being close, discussed Klemmer and the fact that Fittler didn't pick Klemmer for SOO because he was, IIRC, sulky and disruptive help Gus decide that he wasn't right for the Bulldogs new culture?
Seems he was dudded to some extent here but there would be people here at the club who were here when Klem played here that Gus could talk to about Klem and his "vibe" at the time. They would be more useful than Freddy ;) ;)

Klem was one-dimensional and none of our then coaches (whether deemed good, bad or indifferent) couldn't get much of a pass out of him. Most good frontrowers have that capacity.

Good luck to him. Tigers seem like a good match for him and they have a good pack now as well. Will be interesting to see how he goes over the whole season.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Klemmer is the biggest bitch. He mentioned on the knights website that the biggest highlight of his career was pulling on a Knight's jersey which was really just a stab at our club.
Fittler mentioned that he had a terrible attitude when he was finally re-called to the blues squad.

His stats are great but I don't want to see someone who didn't stick around during those tough years come back when the club is finally winning again.