Who is the next Bulldogs Captain?

Who should be Captain in 2023

• Total voters

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it hasn't already been posted, I think we should go with 5 captains.....

JAC, Burton, Mahoney, Thompson, Reynolds

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but who's the interim Captain? There's no good option
Honestly i think TPJ. Makes him accountable for his actions on field.

If he was my (C) i would ride for him like a bullet proof vest on a Alamadine deep in the hood.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
aa others have said Not Mahoney in his first year at club. I'd say announcement will happen in early Feb.

I'm thinking JAC or maybe King.

Burton needs to concentrate on own game and needs to talk more before being considered for captain.

The other option is Thompson, if he leaves after next year it will give the club time to pick a long term captain. Maybe Reed.

Okunbors Cradle Snatchers

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
aa others have said Not Mahoney in his first year at club. I'd say announcement will happen in early Feb.

I'm thinking JAC or maybe King.

Burton needs to concentrate on own game and needs to talk more before being considered for captain.

The other option is Thompson, if he leaves after next year it will give the club time to pick a long term captain. Maybe Reed.
Nothing like giving the captaincy to Burton along with everything else we've given to him at the club at this point

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will be one day? I've seen absolutely zero from him that would suggest he should be a captain now or in the future.
Never heard of a rep player that plays in the spine ever... nah can't think of anyone.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because he's going into his 3rd year as a full-time player, 2nd as a full-time half, has a whole lot to work on in that regard, doesnt need the added burden and has shown nothing to suggest he's a natural Captaincy option at this point in time.
Kinda disagree... people grow with extra responsibility and it footy it can go either way. This kid could excel... he has the recipe for it.