Who is our captain in waiting?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Josh Jackson nearing the end of his contract in 23, who do you think will be the most likely candidate to replace him from the current squad? We've had such a huge turnover in the last couple of years with most of the senior players gone.

The only one i can think of is Thompson but his future is still a bit clouded, do you think Barrett will hand the captaincy to Burton or possibly give it to someone like Reed Mahoney?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Reed in 2023 is a no brainer for VC. VC for this year I'd probably say Thommo or Vaughany (no one cares about the BBQ thing now so let's move past it).

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Josh Jackson nearing the end of his contract in 23, who do you think will be the most likely candidate to replace him from the current squad? We've had such a huge turnover in the last couple of years with most of the senior players gone.

The only one i can think of is Thompson but his future is still a bit clouded, do you think Barrett will hand the captaincy to Burton or possibly give it to someone like Reed Mahoney?
Whoever emerges with the individual brilliance in 22 and dominates leadership, someone has gotta take the bull by the horns, Jackson might even keep the throne surrounded by talent.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mahoney will have a year to learn of Jacko before he's most likely finished up and then Reed can take over. I don't think Thompson's captain material.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson is the obvious one and will probably end up being him which I can’t argue against. Reed Mahoney isn’t a bad shout we need someone who is verbal when we get a bad call.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson is the obvious one and will probably end up being him which I can’t argue against. Reed Mahoney isn’t a bad shout we need someone who is verbal when we get a bad call.
Why does Thompson get seniority over Ado Carr who is also a rep player?

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he will have enough responsibility in running the team, need a more hard headed senior player as captain.
Hard to pick, most forwards aren't long term, maybe TPJ , could settle him at bit and help tie him up in future as well.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reed def needs to be in a leadership role somewhere...

He also has a podcast coming out or out with the Locker Room so that should be good. There was a preview out where he was talking about getting under Cam Smiths skin and how he got him sin binned haha

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to pick, most forwards aren't long term, maybe TPJ , could settle him at bit and help tie him up in future as well.
Jacko has at least 3 years left in him especially the way he trains and looks after his body and most forward get better with age,remember thatTPJ was coming of the bench at the broncos don’t really set the world on fire there,so above anything else he has to prove himself all over again.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our vice captains for the past 2 years have been :

2020 - Tolman
2021- Hopoate

I believe there is a 100m sprint at the start of the season and the person who finishes last is appointed vice captain. That selection process is consistent with the previous 2 appointments.

So in terms of future captains I have no farkin idea. But the selection of the vice captain this year will be quiet interesting. I would assume the candidates would be :

Stimson
Allan
Faitala-Mariner (he is a fair chance to pull up lame during the race - they may have to put the tarp up around him if he does)
Seumanufagai

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacko has at least 3 years left in him especially the way he trains and looks after his body and most forward get better with age,remember thatTPJ was coming of the bench at the broncos don’t really set the world on fire there,so above anything else he has to prove himself all over again.
2 years left not 3, I'd be very surprised if he lasts after 2.