who does kimmorley

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
over the past 2 or 3 seasons, we have seen the play of kicking towards the wing or to the corner of in goal increase.

the practice has seen some super marks taken in the air,and the ball planted down for great tries.
teams like storm, broncoes,sea eagles, sharks have mastered this play

who would brett kimmorley aim his kick to ??? matty utai, doesnt get off the ground much these days, haz the same.

are we losing to much in attack, if we dont have the players to jump up and take the ball

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Inglis & Falou have been taking some marks like the aussie rules people last year to score. Since the kick and 'hope somebody from your side catches the ball' has become so big should we be practising the above head take. Somebody who may have inside knowledge like Matto may say that they are already doing that, which is great

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inglis & Falou have been taking some marks like the aussie rules people last year to score. Since the kick and 'hope somebody from your side catches the ball' has become so big should we be practising the above head take. Somebody who may have inside knowledge like Matto may say that they are already doing that, which is great
We are mate, Idris han catch overhead ala Aussie rules

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recall crisp taking a nice high one last year from a short kick off after a try was scored on us. pretty sure i read somewhere he played AFL before he came to league (from WA or something?)

he can jump

....but he wont be in the team unless there is injuries

and having a quick think about it, do we have the shortest combined wingers in the game?

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i feel this is a valid question that the OP is asking too.

since there was discussion on the roast and other places last year in regards to reducing the points of a try scored via the kick.

its increasingly prevalent in todays game as its basically a lottery ball and simpler to achieve in general then busting a defensive line.

fortunately we have kimmorley with a decent kicking game and idris, but we probably do need a winger with some height and speed... wonder who we will get in 2010 when haz is likely to retire?

M

maxbodyboarder

over the past 2 or 3 seasons, we have seen the play of kicking towards the wing or to the corner of in goal increase.

the practice has seen some super marks taken in the air,and the ball planted down for great tries.
teams like storm, broncoes,sea eagles, sharks have mastered this play

who would brett kimmorley aim his kick to ??? matty utai, doesnt get off the ground much these days, haz the same.

are we losing to much in attack, if we dont have the players to jump up and take the ball
good point mate, have in mind kimmorley sinks alot of ground from those kicks, we havent had a good 40/20 kicker since sherwin, well when he was playing well i.e 2004..
dw kimmorley will be wanting to finish his final 2 years of footy on a high note, and im sure he wants to taste finals again

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what my line of thaught was, if haz,or utai were to attack for the high ball,and didnt get the ball,well idris and morris would cover them in defence.
if idris and morris were to attack for the high ball and didnt get it, would haz and utai be able to cover for them in defence,
utai had a bad habit of coming inside the play in defence, does that leave a wide open wing for opposition to sprint down the sideline.

M

maxbodyboarder

a good thing about the two little fellas is any dogs supporter would know these things about our wingers.. haz is one of the best scrambling defence players in the game, he causes interceptions, and mistakes, and is a good back up player as seen in his recent years..
also the pocket rocker utai, back in 2002 i think it was when we were locked with the roosters or down by 2 points he charges at the line n scores, utai can defend well, and is hard to stop near the line, a fiesty player and i think the dogs need that in theyre backline..

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
El Masri and Utai.
Two of the tallest players in our side

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
kick for the posts...............

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not with hazem
Yeh right. Fact is he scores a lot from being kicked to. He is great at the try from the cross field kick. He doesnt have to be fast just in position at the right time, and that he can do. He has missed the presence of a decent offensive kicker since Shifty left (and maybe a little before that as Shifty was out of sorts before he went). Having some good kickers in the team will help the wingers no end. I would say more than 50% of the tries Haz has scored have been from kicks.

I am not saying kick every kick to Haz, we have plenty of talent out wide to kick to i know, but you saying "not to Haz" makes no sense.

kick for the posts...............
Does BK have that in his game? It can be a great play if you are good at it. Ive seen some great tries from deflections off the posts, especially the one that bounces back off the posts straight towards the attacking team.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not saying kick every kick to Haz, we have plenty of talent out wide to kick to i know, but you saying "not to Haz" makes no sense.
I don't know for the life of me why people are already criticizing the team and the players before a ball is kicked.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hazem won't beat hodges, folau, inglis, and plenty of other tall wingers for the ball dognacious...you can keep dreaming there...

as long as the opposition has wingers that are fairly tall and good at catching the footy, haz will be owned again and again..

kicking to Idris and Morris seems like the best idea

Status
Not open for further replies.