Opinion Who do we all think will improve the most under Barretts tuition???

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanno, Avo and Meaney.

I have a feeling Meaney is going to get a run at fullback. Penrith and Raiders have shown you don't necessarily need a ball playing fullback to make the top 4.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno, Avo and Meaney.

I have a feeling Meaney is going to get a run at fullback. Penrith and Raiders have shown you don't necessarily need a ball playing fullback to make the top 4.
Whoever said you did really.
Just a recent phenomena.
Barba and Silva werent no ball players. Just spicy steppers

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your attack will improve as Barrett is an attacking coach so you need a good defensive coach. I know you've got David Furner, but his stints at the Cowboys and Knights are not good viewing if you're wanting to see a good defensive structure.
True but, he has experienced the top job at Canberra and Leeds and although it did not work out for him he stuck at it. He has experience under Neil Henry, Paul Green and Adam O'Brien as an assistant and tasted success at the Cowboys in 2015. I like the idea of a team effort with guys that haven't quite made it but have never lost the dream. Losing is only good if you learn from it..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Positional changes in attack and defence is nothing new.
For example Benji in his career has largely moved to the wing in defence, then goes back into the halves for attack. He gets hidden.

my idea has Averillo in dummy half in attack and Lewis inthe halves to get quick play the balls

when we defend, Lewis comes into the middle and averillo goes to the edge (or does a further swap and ends up on the wing).

genius.

Even if unprecedented, smart fresh thinking ideas is how we get ahead.
what a fukn dumb idea, again proves you know nothing the game
Benji was not moved to wing in defence for a start, and if he was it was only from 2 in, ie inside the centre to wing.
as we have seen lewis is a liabilty in defence, he gets targeted on our line.
@dumbcunt

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
what a fukn dumb idea, again proves you know nothing the game
Benji was not moved to wing in defence for a start, and if he was it was only from 2 in, ie inside the centre to wing.
as we have seen lewis is a liabilty in defence, he gets targeted on our line.
@dumbcunt
You are wrong. Benji would go from five eight to wing, I just looked at one of my tapes from 2005 and saw it. Gould even mentioned it was a great idea.

please, I notice you get so much stuff wrong on this page and claim it as fact. You really need to open your mind to be educated. You say some really dumb stuff sometimes. My favourite was when you said mid contract retirements count towards the cap. That was classic. This is a reason even some of my haters that bond with you in Your common racism of me don't back you up when you start shooting from your mouth.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are wrong. Benji would go from five eight to wing, I just looked at one of my tapes from 2005 and saw it. Gould even mentioned it was a great idea.

please, I notice you get so much stuff wrong on this page and claim it as fact. You really need to open your mind to be educated. You say some really dumb stuff sometimes. My favourite was when you said mid contract retirements count towards the cap. That was classic. This is a reason even some of my haters that bond with you in Your common racism of me don't back you up when you start shooting from your mouth.
you have no idea about the game, you have never been involved in the game and the posts you post are fukn stupid.
im sure you post these threads to be funny but they arent, they are plain fuckn stupid and annoying.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
you have no idea about the game, you have never been involved in the game and the posts you post are fukn stupid.
im sure you post these threads to be funny but they arent, they are plain fuckn stupid and annoying.
A lot of people say I'm a student of the game. That's up for debate. But what isn't is if I don't know the game you I don't know either. You get some really basic stuff wrong. Like extremely basic. It's worrying how you have made it to 50 years of age watching the game to the degree you post here when you miss so much fundamentals. Everyone makes mistakes, even me, but boi, the ones I've seen you do take the cake yo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people say I'm a student of the game. That's up for debate. But what isn't is if I don't know the game you I don't know either. You get some really basic stuff wrong. Like extremely basic. It's worrying how you have made it to 50 years of age watching the game to the degree you post here when you miss so much fundamentals. Everyone makes mistakes, even me, but boi, the ones I've seen you do take the cake yo.
And what's worse you are just a men's person in general. Yu don't contribute, just swear at minorities.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
no most people call you a dumb ****

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flanno, Avo and Meaney.

meaney can play a edwards type role, but if we get JAC its game on.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spelt it out in the post just above this one. Have a read and talk me what you think.
No problems with ideas and opinions, but it's too much to expect someone defending in the middle for a whole game to also play halfback. Just about anyone would get too knocked up doing that but Lewis already lacks concentration (and ability IMO) so doubling his workload wouldn't work.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this will stir many differing opinions, but im curious who you all think will make the most improvement under Barret next year?? for me im hoping it will be Averilo, lewis and JMK. Unless of course we sign a hooker and Flanagan.
Also, overall, which area of the field will improve the most? Our backline? Spine? Forwards? If our spine improves then surely it will have a flow on effect and all areas of the field will improve.
I am confident we will see a big improvement from our spine whether we sign new players in those positions or not. And i suspect this will help the likes of Jackson, Toomaga and Ogden improve as well. I also think RFM will move into our prop rotation under Barrett.
What are your thoughts or expectations for our first year under Barrett?
RFM was our best edge player all year. In fact he was prob our best player period.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we'll see improvement all over the board.

Bringing Furner in seems like a winning play, especially for the forwards.

No doubt Barrett will have some valuable input for the halves.

And hopefully he can bring in a good game \ player management system for the whole team.

Have to wait a couple of months to see i suppose.

I just hope we are one of the fittest sides 8n the comp.

We've been underdone in that area since 2012.
Spot on with this. Can't emphasise enough the difference it can potentially make having the new support staff in. All of them quality imo and a BIG step up on what we had previously.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo will mainly becoz hes already improving as he goes on but the coaching staff should help him progress nicely. I also believe elliot and rfm will come right out of there shells next season.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JMK keeps improving and i think Tbaz can definitely take his attacking game to the next level especially when we actually have some decent attacking structures

LEWIS will definitely improve he already has great defence and a big boot im sure Tbaz will teach him how to control a game

Meaney could play a Dylan Edwards type of roll

Averillo Could also play fullback similar to Dylan Edwards or hopefully see a 5/8 in him similar to the Penrith 6 Luia

OGDEN could quite easily turn into our own Adam Funua Blake who Tbaz bought to manly

ELLIOT attacking and running game should benefit from Tbaz

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK keeps improving and i think Tbaz can definitely take his attacking game to the next level especially when we actually have some decent attacking structures

LEWIS will definitely improve he already has great defence and a big boot im sure Tbaz will teach him how to control a game

Meaney could play a Dylan Edwards type of roll

Averillo Could also play fullback similar to Dylan Edwards or hopefully see a 5/8 in him similar to the Penrith 6 Luia

OGDEN could quite easily turn into our own Adam Funua Blake who Tbaz bought to manly

ELLIOT attacking and running game should benefit from Tbaz
I swear people here confuse Barrett with Jesus at times.