Opinion Who do we all think will improve the most under Barretts tuition???

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The area that needs the biggest improvements is the players attitude. They did not put in for Pay or SG and it showed.
Nasheed here,
This is so wrong it isn't funny.
Most of the time they tried their guts out and never stopped. Fitness and genuine lack of class, brought in by cap restrictions in a competitive comp fucked us

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I'm tipping one of the halves fo sho.

barrett was a half so can make halves good. Same way Pay was a back rower and he got our back rowers playing well and gritty.

my tip be Averillo or Lewis. Both have a lot of improvement in them. Averillo for his defence and organising and Lewis needs to work on a few things.

Lewis Is either going to shine or burn and if he shines this will be Barrett's greater accomplishment, if not, Averillo I'm more confident will have a steady improvement.
Come to think of it, Wakeman was a former Barrett student so maybe they have a close relationship and will be tighter than Thai teen pussy during the season.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fans here: Scott Wilson would have become an immortal under Barrett...... but all players at dogs need a fresh start. Dean pay and staff didn’t have the ooomfff to get the players to next level. A lot of players playing for contracts this year too. A lot of our players didn’t play to their strengths. Toamaga big, strong and a SBW offload. Need to be utilised with Meaney following the ball. Britt is same. Napa needs to be off the leash again. Reimis Smith need to stop falling over before catching the ball. Am going to miss the 4th and tolmans though

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is the one I'd like to see improve under Barrett. He has potential, but not in the halves. His defence makes him worth keeping, and his kicking makes him a good backup for our main playmakers - makes teams focus on more than the one kicker when we're attacking. I'd like to see how he goes as our dummy half.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is the one I'd like to see improve under Barrett. He has potential, but not in the halves. His defence makes him worth keeping, and his kicking makes him a good backup for our main playmakers - makes teams focus on more than the one kicker when we're attacking. I'd like to see how he goes as our dummy half.
Remember my idea two months ago!?
Lewis our dummy half in defence, averillo our dummy half in attack.
Could've been a good money ball strategy

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo..... i really think this kid has class. not sure on chasing Burton when we have a potential gun sitting here. We dont want to lose him, he has been coached by Pay and Steve G. Give him some good coaching and some belief I really feel he is our next superstar. Even if has t spend some time in Reserves next year playing 6 to get confidence.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I am glad you are just a pest with dumb ideas and is not apart of the club decision making. We would be worse off. Nasheed, fuck off back to souffs

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rfm is strong on the edge, but needs to develop a pass into his game. Several times we had space but he just hit up instead of passing
If I remember right I'm pretty sure he was always looking to unload when he first came into the side a couple of years ago. I dare say that was coached out of him as he hardly looked to offload last season. I'm hoping TBaz will be encouraging RFM to use those skills and back himself if he thinks the pass is on. I hope this will be the new attacking mindset that TBaz can instill in the players

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So lewis and Wakeham improve?

They go from shit to a fringe first grader, changes nothing,

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If I remember right I'm pretty sure he was always looking to unload when he first came into the side a couple of years ago. I dare say that was coached out of him as he hardly looked to offload last season. I'm hoping TBaz will be encouraging RFM to use those skills and back himself if he thinks the pass is on. I hope this will be the new attacking mindset that TBaz can instill in the players
Motivation, it's hard to continue working for the offloads when there is no one there to offload to.

Go Dogs

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say recruitment will be a major area that we improve on. Blokes seem to want to come play for him. Let’s face it no one has wanted to come to us for
A few years now.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what does a dummy half in defence do that's different to any other player?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your attack will improve as Barrett is an attacking coach so you need a good defensive coach. I know you've got David Furner, but his stints at the Cowboys and Knights are not good viewing if you're wanting to see a good defensive structure.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would argue that and say they put in for the coaches but didn’t have the fitness to last a half let alone the full 80, we didn’t give up massive scores and we put a fight in most games
They certainly wern"t fit or it appeared that way. Hopefully this preseason training wont bring on any heart attacks due to lack of fitness.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with that.........
I think we'll see improvement all over the board.

Bringing Furner in seems like a winning play, especially for the forwards.

No doubt Barrett will have some valuable input for the halves.

And hopefully he can bring in a good game \ player management system for the whole team.

Have to wait a couple of months to see i suppose.

I just hope we are one of the fittest sides 8n the comp.

We've been underdone in that area since 2012.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
thats most uneducated comment i have heard of on here, proves you no nothing about the game @dumbcunt

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
thats most uneducated comment i have heard of on here, proves you no nothing about the game @dumbcunt
Positional changes in attack and defence is nothing new.
For example Benji in his career has largely moved to the wing in defence, then goes back into the halves for attack. He gets hidden.

my idea has Averillo in dummy half in attack and Lewis inthe halves to get quick play the balls

when we defend, Lewis comes into the middle and averillo goes to the edge (or does a further swap and ends up on the wing).

genius.

Even if unprecedented, smart fresh thinking ideas is how we get ahead.