Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like him at Centre

He smoked the bunnies in that game he played Centre

On the wing poor guy had the worst debut in history against panthers

He played fb v titans and was a mixed bag

He’s got pace though
That being said, would you push Alamoti to wing (not sure about that) or Alamoti/Casey centers and Averilla/Kiraz on wings?

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey has speed.
A like for like replacement.
Keep okunbur and topine on the bench.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what I pointed is not realistic but negative? That's a very snowflakey outlook. I'm not expecting the spine to come good (apart from Burton). Like I said, perham is a seat warmer and flamingo shouldn't be resigned and it's the end of him end of this year.

I'm glad you're not in the coaching staff as well. They are men being paid 6 figures to play a game, they can handle the truth.

And if they would "retire" because of reality then they can fuck off from the Bulldogs and go to the tigers.
I totally agree with you in regards to Perham being a seat warmer and Flanagan not being re-signed. The point I'm trying to get across is the season isn't a right off if you improve the squad for the future. Being and thinking positively is the only course of action for the coaching staff.
Look I was probably being a little tongue in cheek and don't want to get into a slanging match. It's just the negativity on here can sometimes make me reactive.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I totally agree with you in regards to Perham being a seat warmer and Flanagan not being re-signed. The point I'm trying to get across is the season isn't a right off if you improve the squad for the future. Being and thinking positively is the only course of action for the coaching staff.
Look I was probably being a little tongue in cheek and don't want to get into a slanging match. It's just the negativity on here can sometimes make me reactive.
Honestly not being negative bro. Thems the breaks for us this year. But it is what it is.

I'm just hoping KO cracks FG and kills it.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate there's being realistic and delusional.

It is what it is.

We have a rookie FB who is just a spot filler in 23
We have a centre learning his trade in the halves.
We have the worst HB in the league
We have an awesome Hooker who has to carry the whole team.
Also, the 'centre' is carrying his halves partner who offers no value to the side.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also, the 'centre' is carrying his halves partner who offers no value to the side.
He has to work on himself before carrying the coaches son.

That's why we need KO asap. Would love not to rush him but FMD we need him. Fixes 2 problems.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The first choice should always be for players who are NRL players, not promising kids.
I know the kids have to get a go at some stage, but ours are not ready.
I would promote Andrew Davey to the team, and not Topine.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has to be Casey.

Most like for like, least disruption to that side

Hoping Kikau plays a bit closer to the ruck and Burton focuses on running down the left while also swinging right

We need to tweak our attack without the threat of JAC there.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
link: NRL Round 6: Five standout performers in NSW Cup

Yet to make an appearance for the first-grade side in 2023, Burns has definitely put his name in the mix for a call-up after his performance against the Rabbitohs.

The Bulldogs captain grabbed a try, a try assist, two linebreak assists, nine tackle breaks and 112 run metres as he dominated the Bunnies' right flank.

The Bulldogs are sitting pretty at the top of the NSW Cup with five wins and one loss with the centre pairing of Declan Casey and Braidon Burns instrumental in their success so far.

The injury to Josh Addo-Carr may force a reshuffle of the Dogs' backline and hand Burns a start back in the NRL.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dead set our whole reserve grade backline could slip into first grade lol.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton earned his stripes playing near or long side the best half in the game, now he is having to play long side the very worst of the worst.
IMHO, I hope and (pray) that one day ciro realises that Burton just can't or dose'nt want to play with the flamingo,
It should be an opportunity to take control like wighton did when he had sizer

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as everyone in here wants to see Skelton like I do, lets be realistic CC isnt gonna bring a guy whos been at centre in NSW cup and stick him on a wing in the NRL for a debut when we need some experience there, if we was missing a centre, Skelton would be in for sure

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as everyone in here wants to see Skelton like I do, lets be realistic CC isnt gonna bring a guy whos been at centre in NSW cup and stick him on a wing in the NRL for a debut when we need some experience there, if we was missing a centre, Skelton would be in for sure
Been training and playing right wing and is similiar to Kiraz whilst Wilson is our left winger and very similar to JAC.

Burns might be a good iption as you need experience next to Ala but then again Casey can also do a job as he reads the game well.

Its a doozey... Just lucky they are going to be against a shocker in Dunster.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You know he has being playing exclusively on the wing, right?