Who can't make the cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Of the 15 NRL Teams, I know that the Rabbitohs aren't using the full cap.

Are they the only team? Or are there a few others?

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I'm referring to the salary cap, incase someone is really dense and didn't realise :p

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
well i know manly werent using their full cap because of financial problems but thats why they made some big $$$$ purchases last year and now i think there using it all, but i dont know exactly which position clubs are in terms of the salary cap

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Wests don't use all their cap. Manly didn't, but that due to the fact that their was a thing with the salary cap that if you don't use it all, then up to $300K can be added to the following seasons salary cap. Thus allow a club lower down the table to splurge on players one season and pay the players large upfront amounts.

Not aware of any other clubs operating under the cap by a signicant amount.

baby_troupe

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dogs Of War said:
Wests don't use all their cap. Manly didn't, but that due to the fact that their was a thing with the salary cap that if you don't use it all, then up to $300K can be added to the following seasons salary cap. Thus allow a club lower down the table to splurge on players one season and pay the players large upfront amounts.

Not aware of any other clubs operating under the cap by a signicant amount.
But didn't Manly get a heap of $$$$ freed up when Walker got busted for drugs & they sacked him.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Not sure that Andrew Walker was on that much anyhow. After all the troubles he had with drinking (thus the reason he left Rugby Union), Manly was one of the few clubs willing to offer him a lifeline. I'd say $150K tops was what he was getting.

And remember that Manly had already signed Kite and Kennedy (and others) before Andrew Walker got busted, so it was a bonus so to speak....(though it would have been better if they were able to keep him, he's a damn good player).

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Andrew Walker was on $400,000 a season for 3 seasons...

baby_troupe

Waterboy
Reaction score
So manly could have bought Tahu as well, which would have made them a much better side (if only they knew that 400K was going to be freed up) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.