Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Saints have been bashed around the last couple of years but they’ve slowly strengthened their halves, and their forward pack is amongst the best in the competition. Clever recruiting. What did we do in those garbage years of 13-18? Nothing.

Reaction score
Would be surprised if teams like the Storm and Roosters didn't lift to be the benchmark sides. And I would also be surprised if the Warriors and the Dragons continue to be benchmark sides this season.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what? I don't care anymore. The NRL is so corrupt with the crap referees & the salary cap for some teams & not others with the leaders looking the other way. It's supposed to be an entertainment industry, but watching games is more frustration than enjoyment now that I only watch the Bulldogs games out of loyalty.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
McGregor has worked wonders at the Dragons, the word clinical springs to mind, he knows his stuff.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m calling it early. I’ve seen enough after 5 rounds. The Dragons will be one grand finalist. I’ve put the test felt pen through Melbourne. I didn’t think they’d make it before the season began with no Cronk, nothing has changed. I’m not giving up on the Cowboys turning it around, but I’m slowly questioning whether they will. The Warriors are looking likely for the top 4 particularly as they generally win during origin. Penrith are my smokies. The Roosters have a super backline but haven’t the forwards to win the premiership.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m calling it early. I’ve seen enough after 5 rounds. The Dragons will be one grand finalist. I’ve put the test felt pen through Melbourne. I didn’t think they’d make it before the season began with no Cronk, nothing has changed. I’m not giving up on the Cowboys turning it around, but I’m slowly questioning whether they will. The Warriors are looking likely for the top 4 particularly as they generally win during origin. Penrith are my smokies. The Roosters have a super backline but haven’t the forwards to win the premiership.

Mate the dragons are chockers!! Always have been always will be!!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate the dragons are chockers!! Always have been always will be!!
I know this time last year they had a great start but this is a far better side IMO.
They have the best forward pack in the comp, great halves & a decent backline.
Also the other so called big guns are struggling big time.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know this time last year they had a great start but this is a far better side IMO.
They have the best forward pack in the comp, great halves & a decent backline.
Also the other so called big guns are struggling big time.

It’s round 5. Plus chockers choke no matter how good there team is on paper

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dragons are now premiership favourites & well deserved. How good is their pack ?
The fullback is sensational & Hunt & Widdop are the best halves in the NRL.
The Dragons will be crowned premiers in 2018.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The Dragons are now premiership favourites & well deserved. How good is their pack ?
Wish the dogs can get a winning run like that we forgot how to win and make every game hard.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish the dogs can get a winning run like that we forgot how to win and make every game hard.
This year is on the precipice of being a right off . They need to defeat the out of form Cowboys which can happen. The Bulldogs will have a clean out at the end of the year which should include the ageing Morris twins. Better year in 2019.....much better.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
This year is on the precipice of being a right off. The Bulldogs will have a clean out at the end of the year which should include the ageing Morris twins. Better year in 2019.....much better.
According to some media outlets we have a cap problem to 2020 lol.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Uncle Nick's $$$$$ and brown paper bags have always set the Benchmark.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saints/Warriors GF and if it is I'd would like to see the Warriors win, it would be good for League and I hate the Saints as well.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A long way to go yet, but I have to say the dragons look awesome and I doubt they will fall away. They are an all round good side and will be right up there competing for the premiership this year.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today confirmed two things . The Dragons ARE the real deal. As every week passes as does my confidence they’ll win the comp.
The Roosters have fuck all chance of winning. IMO their pack is in the Botton 3 to 4 in the NRL. ZERO OFFLOADS !
I’d give u both JWH & Napa for Woods.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah and with us paying a portion of Graham's contract this year we are contributing to their success :(

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
the chokers. Shame uncle nick Can’t buy heart.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dragons are the best. Will see how the fare through Origin though, because they look like they will have a few out. And let's see how they handle the backing up and mental drain of SOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.