Who are the benchmark ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They trailed by 12 against Cronulla away from home and won. They are the real deal this year. Widdop & Hunt are the form halves whilst their pack is outstanding. IMO the best in the NRL.
Yes the halves are combining great, they have a great kicking game
Can’t see them folding, with the way 5hings are going they will be top 4

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lads don’t fall for the troll. He has been exposed over and over. Lol @ chokers

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Saints will make the GF but lose to the opposition because they have Graham.
He probably holds the record for losing GFs.
I think they will win, why... because it will add another player to the list that couldn't win a GF under Hasler/Dogs because our coach was to stubborn to play what was infront of them. Barba, Ennis, Finucane... guess you can add Lafai too lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would want to see St Merge be there at the end of the season to believe they will win it. They have started seasons well a number of times and faded. They do have a decent squad though. Warriors are finally playing how they should have for ages with their roster. But if they keep that going, also remains to be seen. Storm with no Cronk, Roosters not going well. Other teams winning one week and getting belted the next.

It all adds up to its too early to call.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would want to see St Merge be there at the end of the season to believe they will win it. They have started seasons well a number of times and faded. They do have a decent squad though. Warriors are finally playing how they should have for ages with their roster. But if they keep that going, also remains to be seen. Storm with no Cronk, Roosters not going well. Other teams winning one week and getting belted the next.

It all adds up to its too early to call.
Has the smell of 2005 about it I reckon. Tigers & Cowboys stunned all of us by making the GF. Wouldn’t surprise me if Cowboys/Roosters/Storm all miss out on the grand final.
In 2005 the big guns Dragons/Bulldogs/Roosters/Brisbane/Parramatta all missed out.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
It’s hard to see the dragons getting any better than they already are. Playing good strong footy, but they will burn out by around 12. Impossible to keep that intensity up for the whole season.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saints for sure. Not sure how there depth is, but looking strong if stay healthy

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons have started off well but it’s a long season. Then there’s the origin period, injuries etc. There’ll be twists and turns along the season.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saints for sure. Not sure how there depth is, but looking strong if stay healthy
I’d love to swap JWH, Napa Matterson for Vaughan, Frizell & DeBelin. Their pack is outstanding.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I’d love to swap JWH, Napa Matterson for Vaughan, Frizell & DeBelin. Their pack is outstanding.
Saints pack is their strength where its the roosters weakness. Jack DeBellin is a walk up for origin. Vaughan may jag a bench spot.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say Warriors so far. Not expecting it to last but so far.

Dragons are good but think they have played shit house teams. Broncs are not much this year. Knights. Titans. And they got the Sharks with a good win, ugly but good.

The Warriors win over the comp favorites was better than anything the Dragons have done this year.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And they play souths without S Burgess, so probably another win.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then throw in the travel factor. Dragons three games in Sydney and two home games.

Warriors start off in Perth. Back in Auckland. Canberra then Sydney.

Warriors have been the best team this year.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saints pack is their strength where its the roosters weakness. Jack DeBellin is a walk up for origin. Vaughan may jag a bench spot.
Not withstanding that Paul McGregor is a smart coach who handles the interchange with aplomb whilst Robinson is absolutely clueless.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Choke pennnnn uncle nick must be thinking he should buy other clubs and get them
To forfeit now as he can’t get it with the bottomless cap

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Before the season kicked off the 3 teams that most people thought would battle it out for the premiership were the Storm, Cowboys & Roosters.
After a month of footy, all 3 are struggling.
Melbourne look disjointed
The Cowboys look disinterested
The Roosters just don’t have the forwards or the coach to win the premiership.
The last year we had 2 surprise grand finalists was back in 2005.
Before that season kicked off, the favourites were The Dogs, Roosters & the Dragons.
It’s early but I can genuinely see the Dragons as one of this years Grand Finalists .
I think 2014 had surprise grand finalists - us (considering we finished 7th) and souFFS.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not withstanding that Paul McGregor is a smart coach who handles the interchange with aplomb whilst Robinson is absolutely clueless.
I dont rate McGregor as a coach at all... all those chokes / fade outs... hell go watch the r26 game last year and check his body language before the game, he was a man already defeated, given up!...
He's now riding on the the back of Hunt controlling his side... any coach in the NRL, Arthur or Stuart would still be sitting 1st if they were coaching this Dragons outfit. Its like QLD Mal didnt do shit, just a man manager with 2 elite halves calling the shots.

Im with you on the Robinson part though, he's a myth that rode on the back of a 2013 recruitment drive. Not sure who you would chase as a replacement though, unless you truely are waiting for a shot at the Cleary combo.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we are going better than our record shows. We lost a couple of games we probably should have won.
The biggest obstacle is simply that the boys are not putting it all together. Once they gel and form combinations, they will improve considerably.
A lot of players who are constantly being criticised on the forum, are really not going that bad. Just needs time.

Status
Not open for further replies.