Who are the benchmark ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons will choke... they always start off good and fade away. Plus no injuries is helping them.

Roosters problem isn't on the field, it's in the dressing room. Too many egos and show ponies. They are a team of stars not a star team, and it's showed over and over again that such a setup doesn't work.
I refuse to believe there aren't senior players pissed off about how long serving Roosters players were shafted for Teddy and Cronk.
Dragons will choke... they always start off good and fade away. Plus no injuries is helping them.

Roosters problem isn't on the field, it's in the dressing room. Too many egos and show ponies. They are a team of stars not a star team, and it's showed over and over again that such a setup doesn't work.
I refuse to believe there aren't senior players pissed off about how long serving Roosters players were shafted for Teddy and Cronk.
I think it’s a case of everyone expecting someone else to do something. Against the Warriors with no Johnson, and a try in the opening 2 minutes, they thought they’d be winning. Also Trent Robinson’s use of the interchange is horrendous.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the Tigers have really proved themselves to be the benchmark team so far this season. They're just so good to watch this year. No bias. Don't @ me.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Hasler could fuck up 2 minute noodles, he'd cook them for 4 minutes
Hasler would unscramble some perfectly balanced scrambled eggs, take out the salt and pepper and turn the whites into yolks

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Truth be told if the luck of the bounce and not for some bad ref decisions the dogs could have easily been 4 from 4.

Dogs would probably be the dark horse this year.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can honestly say, not the Broncos.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth be told if the luck of the bounce and not for some bad ref decisions the dogs could have easily been 4 from 4.

You are cracking jokes right ? Two from four absolutely, but you lost 36-18 & 30-12. You are drawing the longest bow in history to suggest the Dogs could have been 4 from 4

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
You are cracking jokes right ? Two from four absolutely, but you lost 36-18 & 30-12. You are drawing the longest bow in history to suggest the Dogs could have been 4 from 4
Are you serious????
Melbourne 24 bulldogs 18 we were on the attack and ado-car took a fluke intercept could have been easily 24 all and a game changer,
Plus Melbourne got 2 lucky try’s of a lucky bounce.
Dogs vs roosters we were disallowed a clear try but was taken away cause obstruction and roosters got a fluke try of a bounce intercept,
So yes my friend if things did go our way we would be 4 from 4.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious????
Melbourne 24 bulldogs 18 we were on the attack and ado-car took a fluke intercept could have been easily 24 all and a game changer,
Plus Melbourne got 2 lucky try’s of a lucky bounce.
Dogs vs roosters we were disallowed a clear try but was taken away cause obstruction and roosters got a fluke try of a bounce intercept,
So yes my friend if things did go our way we would be 4 from 4.
Every club could go through their losses with a story of what if’s. It’s not like they lost by a dubious try in the last minute which cost them the match, there was plenty of time remaining. The Roosters lost 8-10 to the Tigers with 2 minutes to go after a pass came off someone’s head ! That’s unlucky but I’m not gunna say they should be 3-1.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not looking bright for the blue V
I think we are in for a tough year
And I’m ok with that

Its going to take some time to re build

I’m looking forward to watching how we move forward and become great again

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saints will make the GF but lose to the opposition because they have Graham.
He probably holds the record for losing GFs.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Every club could go through their losses with a story of what if’s. It’s not like they lost by a dubious try in the last minute which cost them the match, there was plenty of time remaining. The Roosters lost 8-10 to the Tigers with 2 minutes to go after a pass came off someone’s head ! That’s unlucky but I’m not gunna say they should be 3-1.
That’s why I said if everything went our way we could be 4 from 4. all I did was reply to your post mate.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

The good sides make there own luck
But I love your devotion to the bulldogs

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dragons are throwing the ball around but I don't think the Knights defense was much chop, has any team really stuck it to the red V?

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dragons are throwing the ball around but I don't think the Knights defense was much chop, has any team really stuck it to the red V?
They trailed by 12 against Cronulla away from home and won. They are the real deal this year. Widdop & Hunt are the form halves whilst their pack is outstanding. IMO the best in the NRL.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They trailed by 12 against Cronulla away from home and won. They are the real deal this year. Widdop & Hunt are the form halves whilst their pack is outstanding. IMO the best in the NRL.
Yep but its still early, Widdop was never the best and Hunt was never the best but together they are building, Cronulla was their own real test, wait until they play the Warriors who are also building.

Status
Not open for further replies.