Who are Players the Bulldogs should never have gotten rid of?

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For current players - Finucane and Cook (obvious). Also Reid Mahoney. And Morgan Harper seems to be doing rather well, doesn’t he? He was given bugger all games in FG at Dogs. R Smith had plenty of chances to prove himself and didn’t.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
David Gillespie, Chris Mortimer and Mick Ennis.

or for jokes.... Kerrod Holland, Lloyd Perret and John Elias.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
players I wish never left (for whatever reason) -

Gary Connolly, Ewan McGrady, Jonathan Davies, Jim Dymock, Jason Smith, Steve Price, Johnathan Thurston, Roy Asotasi, Willie Mason, Nigel Vagana, Ben Barba, Dale Finucane, Martin Taupau, Damien Cook, and Curtis Rona

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Clive Churchill and Daly Messenger, how we let those two go I'll never know.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Another fella that was with us early 2000s I would have loved to see get a chance was a guy named Maitua Parkinson
Yeah I can’t believe he never kicked on- anytime I saw him in reserve grade he looked the goods. Always thought he would be an nrl mainstay

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a tough thread because when balancing a salary cap, sometimes u need to release great players
But there are some obvious mistakes, like most ppl have mentioned, these were terrible:
Holland
Thurston
Ennis
Cook
The last two are astounding considering the player that was prioritised, who a few years later can’t even get a deal in England

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On a more serious note - Craig Smith (the front rower not the winger) was with us in lower grades in the early 90s
I wish he had stayed