Opinion Who are our forwards next week?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waddell was good last night. He stepped up massively.. Morrin added some spark.. With Pele and RFM injured and maybe Okunbur suspended we need more players to step up.

Ciraldo has already built a great culture where it's the next man up mentality, players are taking their opportunity and no one is making excuses which is a massive turnaround from years past where it was the opposite in every way..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell is a perfectly fine middle, people just can't let their hate go.
Agree with this.

His error rate and poor discipline is the reason people on here hate on him.

When he plays as a middle forward the error count is much less. In the middle he hits in defence and doesn’t make many misses. Also can play big minutes when needed.

Whilst totally different styles. Much in the same way TPJ is a thousand times better as a middle ( if he ever gets back) TPJ and Waddell should never play on an edge.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
King will kill, but playing the bunnies will be tough. Especially if Latrell and Johnson perform well.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a crazy amount of players gone. Friday will be rough lol especially after such a big win, they would have momentum

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Fuck this top 30 Bullshit and make bigger squad sizes, if they are gonna suspend players for nothing and force players to sit out for 11 days
It's a catch 22 though. If you expand the top 30, then teams like the Roosters will gather all that junior talent they can pay for. Leaving other clubs without. So it's best to not allow that, and if players want an opportunity they will look elsewhere.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please not Tanner! He has been invisible when he’s played. There’s a few guys in reggies and flegg I’d prefer.

This would be my pick..

8. King (if able)
10. Sutton
11. Prestonmania
12. Ox (if not suspended) or Topine
13. Morrin

14. Grub
15. Davey
16. Wads
17. Skelton

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okunbour out for 1 week if he accepts the charge. 2 if he fights and loses...

Hughes and Davey made their comebacks off the bench against Newtown. It was a very tough, physical top of the table clash. We need a good balance of work-rate and size, I reckon they both make the bench. King and Preston just have to back up. And who knows which week TPJ will get a start, it could be this week but I reckon the week after..

Skelton played soley on the wing. I reckon they are getting him ready for when JAC goes into blues camp. He scored a great solo try just brushing aside players. He could be a real good find and one of those players that gets given a start in the NRL and goes to another level. He could make it as a second rower but not at this stage in his career.

King
Mahoney
Sutton
Preston
Topine (41 tackles, 80 minutes v. Jets)
Waddell

Reynolds
Davey (28 minutes v. Jets)
Hughes (30 minutes v. Jets)
Morrin

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm gutted about Pele. His carries were big as usual (and one particularly awesome/crazy), but a couple of the tackles... I was 70 metres away in the stands and I heard them!!

Gotta say, the sounds reminded me of the good old days. Some massive hits from Pele

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gutted about Pele. His carries were big as usual (and one particularly awesome/crazy), but a couple of the tackles... I was 70 metres away in the stands and I heard them!!

Gotta say, the sounds reminded me of the good old days. Some massive hits from Pele
That run off the back fence (his first in the game in the first half) was exactly what we've been crying out for. No regard for personal safety, just launched at the opposition as hard as he could and made a big hit.

So annoying he busted his forearm, can't believe our rotten luck ffs. Was his time to get some match fitness and cement his spot but now we're fkd again.