who actually goes to every game every week

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who on this forum actually goes to every game every week and watches both reserve and first grade play the whole game.

i know i do and also know that all the players you give raps to (ngwani, roberts, karawana?) wouldnt get any where in first grade. they have to prove themselves in reggies first cause none of them can defend good enough and wouldnt even make a bench spot look worth having in first grade.

get to the games and look for your selves.

we got smashed cause we dropped the ball way to much and manly just took advantage of it every time successfully, and you cant drop playerss to reserves cause they drop the ball, if thats the case every player just about would be dropped.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I do. What's wrong with Roberts? Even IF hs defence is poor, his attack will make up for it. Look at Lockyer, one of the best 5/8 in the game but can he tackle? Look up 'Turnstyle' in the dictionary then give me the answer. If you watched yesterdays PL, you wont find anything negative to say about him.

We need ANY established 5/8 or half to take the pressure of Holdsworth.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do unless i'm working or a local footy i probally watch around 12 fg games a year and about 8 pl games and around about 5 jersey flegg games

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
K E said:
I do. What's wrong with Roberts? Even IF hs defence is poor, his attack will make up for it. Look at Lockyer, one of the best 5/8 in the game but can he tackle? Look up 'Turnstyle' in the dictionary then give me the answer. If you watched yesterdays PL, you wont find anything negative to say about him.

We need ANY established 5/8 or half to take the pressure of Holdsworth.

very true. as long as our halfback can execute in attack we dont need him too do most of the tackling. our team is good enough to scramble in defence and cover.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts did play well in reserves but there is no chance that they'll bring a reserve grade into the bulldogs starting line up at the most important position on park. he wouldnt be able to lead our team around good enough.

reserve game yesterday was the only game this year that they actually looked like having the game in control. they'll need a few more good performances to be considered ready

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Too many errors by the bulldogs yesterday is all it was they had nothing but to blame for themselves. No weather problem just butter on the fingers that slipped through very easily.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sherwin cant defend and how many games did he survive in 1st grade?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
craig said:
roberts did play well in reserves but there is no chance that they'll bring a reserve grade into the bulldogs starting line up at the most important position on park. he wouldnt be able to lead our team around good enough.

reserve game yesterday was the only game this year that they actually looked like having the game in control. they'll need a few more good performances to be considered ready
Ever heard the saying "Anything is better than nothing"

We have no 5/8. We are minus a 5/8. We have a forward in the number 6 jersey but no 5/8.

We already have a Bulldogs rookie guiding our team around the park and it didnt get us anywhere yesterday. We need a person with 5/8 or halfback experience to help Holdsworth out. The poor kid cant do it on his own.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
go to the game and watch them play.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
give Ben Czislowski a run in 1st grade he is at least 10 times the player he was last year

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
craig said:
go to the game and watch them play.
LOL

I'm pulling this out of my ass? You're not the only one that watches PL.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
what do u suggest as the solution craig?

i wouldn't mind seeing hughes move into halfback, but if not promote roberts, what do u suggest the team do with the halves combo? or do u think its fine as is?

A

atomic_crimson

Quaid said:
give Ben Czislowski a run in 1st grade he is at least 10 times the player he was last year
spoke to him yesterday.... have to say nicest player! he is willing to admit his errors and says he is workin his arse off to improve

as for the question yes i go to such games... but there ar eplayes in FG who arent any better in defence... you never know how a p;ayer will go in FG til you give him a run

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
you never know how a p;ayer will go in FG til you give him a run
well said...very true, as i said i think folkes will make some changes to next weeks side, but i guess we will just have to wait and see...

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
craig said:
But putting a rookie 5/8th to play halfback is a good move?

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
ive seen a few prem league games this year and as people have previously mentioned, the attack that roberts/ngwani can offer will more then make up for there defence. Billy isnt a bad defender and is fast out of dummy half whereas roberts just continues to break the line and setup his teamates, he is on fire. You cant predict how they will go until they are given are shot so i want to see them get a run soon, cause we are too stale and predictable and need something fresh, some new blood.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cljunior said:
what do u suggest as the solution craig?

i wouldn't mind seeing hughes move into halfback,

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!! hughes at half back is what should be done. perry hooker with the spot on bench for maybe phelps he has first grade expirance played decent on weekend scored 2 tries not sure how'd he go subbing on for perry tho but he could cover a few positions.if not him dallas can play in few spots too

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roberts played for the FG side in the trial against cronulla and i reckon he had a excellent game.

Excellent attack but can fix up his defence a bit.

Christabella

Reaction score
Every game every week I wish!
In 6 rounds (I discount Rd 3 because of the Comm games but I would have been to another two games then) I will have been to 12 games, plus PL most weeks.

And I tell you what we have currently is a fixable problem. Halves are generally a weak point in the defensive line but all we need is someone with a bit of spark and as has been said it would appear that these players may have the required creativity to boost our attack.

nasty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ive been to every home and im with KE theres noyhing wrong with roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.