Opinion Who’s your favourite Bulldog Player.

Holbi49

Waterboy
Reaction score
Les John's (my all time favourite), Garry Dowling, Terry Lamb, Steve Mortimer, Geoff Robinson, Brian Lockwood and Josh Jackson. Would've included SBW as a great player but he's a ****

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Les John's (my all time favourite), Garry Dowling, Terry Lamb, Steve Mortimer, Geoff Robinson, Brian Lockwood and Josh Jackson. Would've included SBW as a great player but he's a ****
This thread is running out of steam.
Let’s liven it up. I’ll throw in a couple of curve balls…maybe it should be a new thread (players who COULD HAVE BEEN favourite all time Dogs players if they stuck around long enough)
Is anyone else old enough to remember a couple of pups from our 1980 gun reserve grade premiership winning side, beat Parra in the GF?
Mal Creevey and Alan Geelan?
Creevey was a brilliant little half, understudy to Turvey so he hardly got a game in firsts but always shone when he did. Ended up signing with Balmain (I think) but didn’t do much.
Geelan was a rangy lock, in the classic mould, wide runner and great cover defender (not the modern day ‘middle monster’). Way too good for reserves, but couldn’t crack a spot in firsts with our stellar side. I think he went to Newtown (before they folded).

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBW cause hes the GOAT and mick ennis cause he was for real and most overrated was ben barba cause hed run backwards and cost us the 2012 grand final and moses mbye cause he got the worst contract in NRL history

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW cause hes the GOAT and mick ennis cause he was for real and most overrated was ben barba cause hed run backwards and cost us the 2012 grand final and moses mbye cause he got the worst contract in NRL history
If you think we gave Mbye the worst contract in history how do you rate the one the Tigers gave him? Imo Josh Reynolds tigers contract would be the worst in history as he played very little for 2.4 million and he should have been playing for us.

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I don’t remember much about Lamb but I loved the Aura surrounding him. Pinnacle of the club.
Fav:
I loved Rod Silva- who was a fullback for us between 1995 and 2001 and Ben Sherwin who played with us 2001-2008
Current:
Luke Thompson
Most underrated:
Luke Mcdougall
Most mismanaged:
Kerrod Holland.
That will do me! Luke McDougall was abysmal. Thought your favourite player would be John Sutton and Tricky Trindall seeing you are a Bunnies support.
Your choice of Dogs players shows the fraud you are.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That will do me! Luke McDougall was abysmal. Thought your favourite player would be John Sutton and Tricky Trindall seeing you are a Bunnies support.
Your choice of Dogs players shows the fraud you are.
why?
Luke was fast AF and all the commentators AND TK said at the time that Luke was unlucky to not be selected.
when he did play first grade with us he was great, he would run into the defence DWZ like.

look through the posts here from 2012, i wouldnt say anyone truly cared but the comments were favourable and rightly so.
He was a damn good player yo.

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
why?
Luke was fast AF and all the commentators AND TK said at the time that Luke was unlucky to not be selected.
when he did play first grade with us he was great, he would run into the defence DWZ like.

look through the posts here from 2012, i wouldnt say anyone truly cared but the comments were favourable and rightly so.
He was a damn good player yo.
He was hopeless!!! Wouldn’t make the top 50 of wingers we’ve had

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
he was great even for us, he just got injured alot abd was in his thirties
Just proved how big a fraud you are. 90% of highlights were when he played for your Bunnies team. GGF

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just proved how big a fraud you are. 90% of highlights were when he played for your Bunnies team. GGF
you dont know what the meaning of fraud is.
Here is a dictionary online:

Its not fraudulent to say that I think a player was underrated. The way yo ass yapping proves my point.
You can clearly see the guy had strength and talent and he only played TWO games with us and naile them both and carved up reserve grade as ppl here mentioned tie and time again, but he kept getting injured at the wrong time.

He literally ran down Jennings (i think) over 90m to save a try in one of those games.

TheBulldog23

Waterboy
Reaction score

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1.Turvey
2. Baa Folkes
3. Hughes Bros
4. Morris Twins
5. Smith Bros
6. Steve Price
7. Jason Hetherington
8. George Peponis
9. Mason
10. Asotasi
11. Hazem
12.Polla Mounter
13. Rocket Silva
14. General
15. Vagana
16.Dymock
17. Matt Utai

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Turvey
2. Baa Folkes
3. Hughes Bros
4. Morris Twins
5. Smith Bros
6. Steve Price
7. Jason Hetherington
8. George Peponis
9. Mason
10. Asotasi
11. Hazem
12.Polla Mounter
13. Rocket Silva
14. General
15. Vagana
16.Dymock
17. Matt Utai
Mate that’s a good list - wish we could have any of these players again

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The same one I listed last time a thread had this title

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
you dont know what the meaning of fraud is.
Here is a dictionary online:

Its not fraudulent to say that I think a player was underrated. The way yo ass yapping proves my point.
You can clearly see the guy had strength and talent and he only played TWO games with us and naile them both and carved up reserve grade as ppl here mentioned tie and time again, but he kept getting injured at the wrong time.

He literally ran down Jennings (i think) over 90m to save a try in one of those games.
I know exactly the meaning. FRAUD = Nasheed

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Past: James Graham, Shifty Sherwin, Luke Patten, Reni Maitua, Mick Ennis, Steve Price
Present: Josh Jackson, Luke Thompson