Opinion Who’s your favourite Bulldog Player.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine are the same as yours haha - loved brentnall as a kid. did someone say kicking duel?
Good memories of those kicking duels.
Very chess like mind games that most fullbacks would engage in.
Brentnall was my fave player too and he had one hell of a punt on him. Made the touchies earn their keep when he would kick for touch..

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
easy, the one and only Steve Mortimer by a country mile. He had skills that no other HB in the game has ever come close to, blistering acceleration to score solo tries or set them up from anywhere against any defence, regularly chip and regather, greatest cover defence of all time, great passing and kicking and leadership like no other. It's no coincidence that in the dogs 86 year history half of our 8 premierships were in Mortimer's years with the club.
My favourite player as well, loved seeing him cover tackle, no one ever done it better

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After 07/08 I found it easier just to support the team rather than have favorites because of the number of players that moved on. Prior to that definitely Mortimer and Lamb, in the modern era probably Hazem because he wasn't the most skillful player but he put in hard work and practice.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All time lamb or mase
Recently dwz but now gotta find a new one haha

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cast aside players who have played at other teams for me it's Cement, Jarrod McCracken and Travis Norton

Cement was the toughest player I have seen play for the dogs in my lifetime
Jarrod macracken was just magnificent to watch on his day killing teams out wide in attack and defence

Travis Norton was a complete player attack and defence

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol Ben Sherwin. Fukn Souths supporter lmfaooo
Nasheed here,
I don’t remember much about Lamb but I loved the Aura surrounding him. Pinnacle of the club.
Fav:
I loved Rod Silva- who was a fullback for us between 1995 and 2001 and Ben Sherwin who played with us 2001-2008
Current:
Luke Thompson
Most underrated:
Luke Mcdougall
Most mismanaged:
Kerrod Holland.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
When I was a kid - I loved Greg Brentnall (Fullback - 1977 to 1983) But as I got older and he retired I loved Terry Lamb (Five Eighth - 1984 to 1996) Both decent blokes and could do anything on the field. Both Premiership winners too. Who’s your favourite players - from any Era????
Greg Brentnall retired at 26.
One of the clubs great players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For me

1. Josh Reynolds
2. James Graham
3. Michael Ennis

I loved those 3 together...

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turvey by far then in no order robbo Chris Mortimer lamb Peter Kelly johnathon Davies folksie jimmy dymock

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great reading about people’s favourites. A fantastic club with a wonderful history! Dogs Forever!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terry Lamb then Willie Mason, Frank Pritchard, James Graham..favourite in current squad is BBO

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ewan McGrady is my all time favorite dogs player, and the reason I follow the Dogs.

Current is....everyone knows lol

THOMPSON!!!!!!!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He was sexy too I think. Nice curled up smile omg
What ever floats your boat Nasheed, I would hardly call Darren Smith sexy as you put it, he was not an exceptional specimen in the looks department ( probably why he always wore head gear ) but he was an exceptional player nonetheless!

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid Peter Mortimer used to draw and sell caricatures of players before games - at Belmore. He’s a nice bloke too.
Peter is also a gifted writer. Very talented in so many ways and a true gentleman. I am glad he is back involved with the club at board level.