Opinion Who’s your favourite Bulldog Player.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Darren Smith... I loved his toughness, skill, competitiveness and most of all his versatility for the team! He could play backrow, lock, centre, five eighth and hooker and he played all those positions equally as good as the others, he was priceless in regards to our team cohesion and filled any gap we needed him to. Such a pity Chris Anderson pissed him off to the Broncos, he should have been a Bulldogs player his entire career but at least he came back to us! Miss watching him play for us!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ever ? Turvey. Of the current team Hetherington

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Hard to pick. Fk..
Terry lamb.
Gary connolly.
Willie tonga.
Jason hetherington.
Roy asotasi.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Darren Smith... I loved his toughness, skill, competitiveness and most of all his versatility for the team! He could play backrow, lock, centre, five eighth and hooker and he played all those positions equally as good as the others, he was priceless in regards to our team cohesion and filled any gap we needed him to. Such a pity Chris Anderson pissed him off to the Broncos, he should have been a Bulldogs player his entire career but at least he came back to us! Miss watching him play for us!
He was sexy too I think. Nice curled up smile omg

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hazem was always my favourite as a kid. I used to practice his kicking routine in the street all the time.

More recently it was Pritchard

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't have a favorite at the moment. Closest would be Thommo as atleast he has a crack.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Host of players fit under my top dog pick going back four decades, do agree with @PF Darren Smith what a player he was had all the skills indeed. BUT for me it's Terry Lamb the great little fucking champ truly epitomises the Bulldog spirit and came from Wests who back in those days had similar culture.He was just the best, Turvey close up as next favourite and a shout out also to Steven Folkes.Did everything at the Dogs and played like a bloke 20 kilos heavier and half a foot taller all day every day.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best Bulldog of all time would be Les Johns.
Special mention to Baa and Turvey.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark o mearly and the nugget Adam Perry
And Benny barbs too
Currently josh Jackson the bloke gives his all

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
easy, the one and only Steve Mortimer by a country mile. He had skills that no other HB in the game has ever come close to, blistering acceleration to score solo tries or set them up from anywhere against any defence, regularly chip and regather, greatest cover defence of all time, great passing and kicking and leadership like no other. It's no coincidence that in the dogs 86 year history half of our 8 premierships were in Mortimer's years with the club.
Yes I agree, he was awesome too. Even more amazing was the fact he is an asthmatic too. But that didn’t stop him. He’s also a top bloke off the field too.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
80’s Turvey, Robbo, Potter, Baa
90’s Baa, Davies, McCracken, McGrady, Hetherington
00’s Mason, Ogre, SBW, Utai
10’s Barba, Kasiano, Beastwood
20’s Thompson, RFM, Schoupp, Tapine

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Turvey
Bella
Gillespie
Shrek (absolutely love this bloke)
Patten
I'll also add Corey Thompson purely for the amount of courage he possesses and the great effort he puts in every single game, no matter which club he plays for, contract year or not. This is the type of attitude you want at your club.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im liking Schoupp at the moment. He's a bulldog and he's just getting going.
Kinda reminds me of how I felt about Finucane before we lost him.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
When I was a kid - I loved Greg Brentnall (Fullback - 1977 to 1983) But as I got older and he retired I loved Terry Lamb (Five Eighth - 1984 to 1996) Both decent blokes and could do anything on the field. Both Premiership winners too. Who’s your favourite players - from any Era????
mine are the same as yours haha - loved brentnall as a kid. did someone say kicking duel?

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer
Ewen Mcgrady
ben barba
those 3 players got u up off your seat

Some favs from other clubs
Brett kenny
Laurie daley
Bradley Clyde