Who’s tired?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we as dogs supporters are the most loyal sports fans in the world. We are passionate and we love the club. So my question is… who is just tired and over the last few years?

This club was built on solid defence hence the dogs of war name. We also built the name the entertainers and through out my 30+ years of following this team it’s been nothing but a pleasure. 2008 wasn’t great but all that was washed away in 2009 with a great year… what we are going through atm is nothing short of unacceptable and diabolical.

I’m gona keep this short but we all have our reasons why and how we can make this better but I just wanted to ask who’s just so drained by following this team?

I will always support them and follow them but I will not be renewing my membership anymore. Until I start seeing a team that resembles a first grade team and a team that will bleed for the club like my wallet does then I’ll sit back and watch.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, great call mate! It’s been draining waiting for those old dogs that we know of. But we just need to learn how to switch off. Something has gone wrong at the club over the last 5-10 years. We used to have bad years but we used to bounce back very quickly.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yep, I made no effort to get home and watch the game. Had the chance to listen to it on the radio too but I didn't want to ruin my drive home. Watched it when I was finished everything for the day and ended up watching it on fast forward so I didn't waste too much of my time. Great call in the end, we can't even run without dropping the fukin ball now. We're a fukin disgrace but hey, we've got our timeless excuse to fall back on. "Wait until next year".

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, great call mate! It’s been draining waiting for those old dogs that we know of. But we just need to learn how to switch off. Something has gone wrong at the club over the last 5-10 years. We used to have bad years but we used to bounce back very quickly.
It’s sad isn’t it… such a successful brand gone down the shit hole.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's brutal at the moment being a dogs fan.

Atleast we have next years confirmed signings and hopefully some other very good signings to look forward to.

The club lost its soul by destroying our junior talent factory but at least they are taking the right steps to bring it back.

Topine, Doorey and Averillo give me hope, plus Alomati.

This year is gonna suck so bad but some good signing announcements should take some of the sting away

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I made no effort to get home and watch the game. Had the chance to listen to it on the radio too but I didn't want to ruin my drive home. Watched it when I was finished everything for the day and ended up watching it on fast forward so I didn't waste too much of my time. Great call in the end, we can't even run without dropping the fukin ball now. We're a fukin disgrace but hey, we've got our timeless excuse to fall back on. "Wait until next year".
Dont blame you. The amount of school boy errors they are making is no excuse!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im trying very hard not to get pissed off, we are in a rebuilding stage without a forward pack plus what other shit is going on,
I did stand up when we went over for our first try probably the only high out of the game.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's got to the point where I can't watch live anymore. It upsets me way too much. I have gone back to recording matches, and only watching if there's a win, or at least been a decent effort. I've accepted that nothing much is going to improve this year, so there's no point getting my hopes up, or going on and on about it. It's all beyond my control, and the venting is only helpful to a point.

This year I've watched far more AFL, than NRL, for the first time ever, as a distraction. I've followed Carlton for about 40+ years and the Swans for over 25 years. Unfortunately they've both been bad in recent years too, but their rebuilds are starting to show signs of working. They both lost this weekend, so it's been a trifecta of disappointment.

As far as the 'Dogs go, as I said, I've accepted this year is a lost cause, again. So I'm doing my best not to torture myself too much. I've supported this club since the early-mid 70s and will always do so. But yes, it has become very draining and tiring. I live in hope that the people that can control our destiny are on the right track, and we see positive results next year, onwards.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every weekend is the same.
Today I turned the game off 15 mins from the end. Dont think ive done that before.
I felt like a dirty **** for it but just once my wife shouldnt have to put up with me being a miserable **** on our day off together.
Went and bought a pizza and forgot about the game.
Followed this team all my life but dont know how much more I can take.
Todays performance was absolutely appalling.
I want to take a break from footy for my sanity's sake but dont think I can for the love of this once mighty club.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I am tired, but I got a bad disease!!!
I can't help but watch, I simply can't bring myself not to.
I think I have a problem......lol
Hello, I also have this problem as well I think it is called fuckedtitis symptoms may include but not limited to bleeding from eye sockets, consumption of large amounts of alcohol (bourbon, ciders and or beer) and sleeping early from the boredom you endured.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I fkn hate the fact commentators and rivals feel sorry for us. We used to be hated for our success. Tired and losing my love for a sport that used to be very important and entertaining for me.
I agree my mates that use to absolutely hate us now have gotten past the laughing at us stage through the satisfaction of seeing us do bad stage and are now just sad for us. Understood we were a once mighty club even though they hated that and now just sad for us and kind of miss the entertainment, controversy and rivalry we would bring..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We've been in a hole for way too long. The last 20 minutes (at least) of every game we play is very disinteresting (usually involving reading comments on here instead). The closer to the start of the game throughout the week start to feel a little confident/more optimistic and then you just get a massive slap in the face. We just keep finding new lows really... it's very challenging times.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use to never miss a game. Was going to all home games. A member for 10 years. Would nearly be physically sick due to nerves watching the game. Use to have my heart pumping a million miles an hour. I compare that to now. I haven’t to a game in 2 years. I didn’t rename my membership this year. I don’t get excited watching the games anymore. I don’t get nervous. It’s almost as if I don’t have an emotional connection with the team anymore.

ih2220

Waterboy
Reaction score
Following this team right now is mentally draining. I have a lot going on in life and back in the days, they used to give me something to look forward too and forget about my problems for a few hours. Now, they are just putting the icing on the cake for me. What frustrates me the most is, the teams football IQ is non existent. It’s like they have never played the game. Playing one out, not looking to the edges, always running the same lines and short balls. I know there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but the question is, when ?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They are the only reason why I hate being a loyal ****.

It feels like you love your fat wife but perve on your hot secretary. The BYEdogs are the fat wife and the Storm are the hot secretary lol