News Who’s next in line as Dogs go to war?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dy...at-becoming-a-better-man-20190525-p51r4q.html

By Danny Wiedler

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill must be wondering when chair Lynne Anderson and her board member husband, Chris, are coming for him. He was appointed by the old regime and we saw recently what happened to those who had links with former chairman Ray Dib.

I rang Hill on Friday and didn’t get a call back. Hill’s best mate and strongest ally, general manager of football Gareth Holmes, was one of four key staffers to be shown the door on May 4. The others were team manager Andrew Farrar, recruitment boss Warren McDonnell and pathways performance manager Andrew Patmore. They know they were collateral damage as the Andersons try to make the Bulldogs their club.

Hill’s power base is gone
What those who were sacked are irked about is that they were dismissed after a so-called performance review. Those who know what is going on at Belmore say that if there was a review, those who were sacked certainly didn’t know about it. What has also caused angst is the idea that the Bulldogs are supposed to be the ‘‘family club’’. Patmore and Farrar are as Canterbury as they come. They were highly respected by players and staff.

There is growing concern at the club, and staff are restless. That’s before we get to the coach, Dean Pay. He wanted two more years added to his contract, but got one. He is said to be a good man, but he is not loved by the playing group.

Pay is being set up for failure. The Dogs are treading water until the end of next year when they can shake up their roster and potentially shake up the coaching situation.

It’s amazing how far the club has tumbled. If Paul Dunn or Steve Price want to take over from Hill, in my view they will have a tough road ahead of them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many times has this turd Weidler written the same story?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think Pay should be our coach past next year. I don't think we can realistically expect much out of him and I hope we are gunning for a big name coach for when our salary cap isn't a basket case, which by all accounts is 2021.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I swear I’ve read this story 28 times in the last year

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumours are tumours and weidler can go suck a d..k,what a pr..k.
Makes u think anything he comes up with is outta his backside to destroy our club with his words of turds.
If dean pay doesn’t have the playing group then turdler why have we only conceited one try
In our playing second halves last month?
If doggies can get there completions back up and get the basics right watch us fire up.
And weedler can go back where he came from .
Cmon pay fire up those bulldogs.
Woof woof

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I hate weedler there's probably bits and pieces of the story which are true.

I know Warren McDonnell deserved to go.

The Anderson's certainly are trying to shape the club how they want to, not sure if I totally agree with the way they're headed.

I'm not sure players like playing under Pay, he certainly hasn't been able to get the best out of some of them. I'd struggle to name a player he has improved. He seems like a very 90's style coach.

Overall I am concerned we're headed in a direction that will cause more years of pain and no gain.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I hate weedler there's probably bits and pieces of the story which are true.

I know Warren McDonnell deserved to go.

The Anderson's certainly are trying to shape the club how they want to, not sure if I totally agree with the way they're headed.

I'm not sure players like playing under Pay, he certainly hasn't been able to get the best out of some of them. I'd struggle to name a player he has improved. He seems like a very 90's style coach.

Overall I am concerned we're headed in a direction that will cause more years of pain and no gain.
It’s all very concerning!! Let’s just hope it doesn’t all go pear shaped and cause more set backs.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny Wiedler is "that buoyant shit you do that just won't flush down regardless how much you press the button".
And coincidentally, also looks like it too. Wiedler is the answer to a question no one asked. If I was Hill, I wouldn't ring the **** back either.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The situation at our club is very political, unfortunately..

My personal opinion is we havent been a very well run club since Bullfrog left.. we have consistently lost the best players in the game, some of the best players of their generation for the past 16 years..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I think the current board has been rubbish so far. This whole bulldogs dna shit is getting old. Get the best players and staff to take us forward. Its been 18 months. Lost more talent then weve signed and we are 2nd last. Salary cap was a major excuse for an inept football dept.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not that I personally know but ...

From memory most people on here were saying Patmore had been doing nothing at the club for many a year. If I remember correctly he got promoted over Georgalis at one point and no one understood why?

Again, just going by memory but personally NONE of those that were let go were big losses at all. Sorry. Think it's a natural process to clear out some deadwood.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Article: "I called Andrew Hill and he didn't return my call"

The end

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
No club is perfect and we have had our fair share of power trippers, but Weidler is a joke - I think he fears our pending success. He will be gutted and depressed when we are back on top.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does Pay have to be "loved" by the playing group anyway. I would be more worried if they didn't respect him as a coach.