steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a kid it was Manly.

Roosters have now far surpassed them.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Broncos have been pretty much irrelevant for the last 20 years. Success has a lot to do with the hate. Look at the Chooks in the 80s and early 90’s they were a basket case that no one cared about and now the hate comes out when they start winning.
I agree it comes with success but that's just being a hater really and I Wouldn't call them irrelevant... Yes they are struggling atm but they haven't missed the top 8 much at all and have made a few and won a GF in that time.

Its damn hard to retain a player if they want them and extremely difficult to recruit from them if they want to keep them. Most teams till today still cant match what the Broncos have which is why no other teams have ever succeeded in around Brisbane. I have always hated playing Brisbane aka Queensland and its very comforting when we beat Fwits like Tallis, Webke, Hancock, Sailor, Renouf, Langer, Walters, Parker, Lockyer, Hodges, Milford and Boyd.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Same Steve - as a kid the main enemy was always the slimy Eels and because of that there’ll always be a bit of feeling but as they were a joke for so many years other rivalries began to take hold.

Manly too - and I used to say I support two teams - the Dogs and anyone who’s playing Manly. The Despot years (especially 2015 onwards when it was clear he was losing it) rekindled my dislike for the peninsula...

I started disliking Soufs when they were punted from the comp and suddenly 100k fairweather fans marched the streets to protest - most of whom were never in the empty stadiums when they were rubbish.

Chooks never really bothered me until I met a bloke one night at ANZ who claimed that he’d ‘never been out this way before’ and ‘I’m actually surprised, it’s not too bad’. That’s when I realised the soy latte brigade and I could never be friends.

And then there’s the 11 other teams who aren’t the Dogs...:-).
I had to think about this question and my conclusion is...it changes every year... i basically hate which ever team is constantly beating us. But if I had to choose it would be Manly

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They certainly have given much joy with their capitulations in recent years
Has been awesome, especially losing that GF to the Cowboys in 2015. Wont be for long though... Once that young pack that they have managed to keep pfft hits its straps and they work out their spine they are in for good ride, problem is they will most likely hit a premiership window the same time as us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree it comes with success but that's just being a hater really and I Wouldn't call them irrelevant... Yes they are struggling atm but they haven't missed the top 8 much at all and have made a few and won a GF in that time.

Its damn hard to retain a player if they want them and extremely difficult to recruit from them if they want to keep them. Most teams till today still cant match what the Broncos have which is why no other teams have ever succeeded in around Brisbane. I have always hated playing Brisbane aka Queensland and its very comforting when we beat Fwits like Tallis, Webke, Hancock, Sailor, Renouf, Langer, Walters, Parker, Lockyer, Hodges, Milford and Boyd.
Considering what they have at their disposal and what they have achieved since 2006 I think they are definitely irrelevant now. Marking the finals is no achievement and losing one GF is hardly something to crow about. Everyone used to fear them and now they are just a regular club. They used to draw massive crowds down here because everyone wanted to beat them now they are one of the lowest pulling away teams.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I grew up in a NSW town of about 2000 people and 90% of the town supported St George. The shit I copped when St George beat us made them a very easy team to hate, and it's always stuck.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering what they have at their disposal and what they have achieved since 2006 I think they are definitely irrelevant now. Marking the finals is no achievement and losing one GF is hardly something to crow about. Everyone used to fear them and now they are just a regular club. They used to draw massive crowds down here because everyone wanted to beat them now they are one of the lowest pulling away teams.
I agree though still managing to pull the best players from clubs like Milford and Bird because they can is annoying. Thankfully that has blown up in their faces and been a pleasure to watch though the ability to still recruit and retain is annoying.

As I just said they look like going in the right direction now and will probably hit their premiership window the same time as us over the next few years so I think everybody will start hating on the Broncs again.

Oh yes and Carroll and Thaiday… Im telling ya I hate that club.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The eels and dragons 100% percent I hate them.

south and the roosters are starting to piss me off the past few years.

but I wouldn’t be able to handle the eels or dragons winning a comp

Last edited:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters, Manly, Broncos, Storm, Souths & Eels & normally they are ranked from whoever is most successful at the time as my No 1 most hated as they become real arrogant. Special mention to Dragons mainly due to their supporters.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No particular order

Cocaine cowboys (roosters)
Petrol sniffers (South's)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have a special dislike for Canberra - and, like any club I have an issue with, it's because of the attitude and behavior of their fans.
I will never forget or forgive the way they turned up at the game following our being stripped of all points when we were minor premiers in 2002. They had hundreds of metre long wooden spoons that they waved in our faces and chanted what cheats we were.
They had breached the salary cap by $100k when they won their first GF, and $100k was about the equivalent of our breach adjusting for inflation - but the NRL allowed them to keep the trophy and fined them instead. Yet, there they were- laughing in our faces and screaming "cheaters never prosper", waving those spoons for the cameras and having a great old time giving it to us. Hypocrites, and poor sports.
Yeah I remember that.

We were broken at the time and overwhelmed by the raw disappointment of our wonderful team, and players, being robbed and punished by a corrupt and hypocritical NRL.

When those ferals carried on like that, we saw the very worst of mindless, hysterical, tribal hatred.

Glad you reminded me of it. Hehe glad they lost the GF now lol.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need to attach a poll to this thread so that I can smile each time I see Souths sitting in the number 1 position

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a kid manly parra in the 80s but fuck they had a good team 90s Brisbane now fucking roosters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In order: Rabbits, Roosters, Parra, Storm, Broncos and more recently the we cheated the year before and after not during 'Sharks'

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All great posts and can't disagree with any of it
Growing up I hated the eels but that has slowly gone away as I don't mind the way play and and they don't seam to get the rub like Souths and rorters
Right now in no particular order:
Souths, roosters,sharks,storms,knights.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I only hate teams when we're against them. I'm a NRL fan as well as a Bulldogs fan (Bulldogs fan first) so I respect all teams and certain players from each. It's usually the successful ones like Roosters and Storm. My Dad goes for the Roosters so there is some banter back and fourth. I have something against Eels too I think that has something to do with when I was younger and my cousin supporting them. You come up against a team and you usually remember at least one bad memory and want to get it over them. That's how I am anyways.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Parra, Roosters, Souths, Manly, Brisbane, Melbourne.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm - Cameron Smith pretty much sums up the team, so just look at him and you’ll know why

Roosters - can do no wrong by the NRL

Souths - see Roosters

Brisbane - constant leg ups by the NRL, glad to see them going great

Eels - can’t stand them. Smug attitude, was ecstatic when we beat them last year.

Shonks - drug cheats, and managed to keep a premiership while cheating the cap

Dragons - not really hate, more of a rivalry due to some relatives

Knights - media darlings, act better than everyone but can’t even back it upon the field. Klemmer deserves them.

Manly - the team that brought us Des and T-Rex

Titans, Panthers, Cowboys, Warriors, Raiders - indifferent about

Tigers - can’t hate them after taking Reynolds and Mbye off us. May they forever finish 9th. Only put them here because it’s funny seeing my cousin trying to explain how they’ll make the finals and Dogs will get the spoon every year.