Which Player Should Bulldogs Focus On Re-Signing

Which player should Bulldogs focus on signing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Player Should Bulldogs Focus On Re-Signing?

I think Bulldogs should Focus on Re-signing Reni Maitua and Roy Asostasi

But bulldogs Don't have enough Money secure both unless they dont re-sign Tonga
and then release Sherwin they will be able to sign Both Roy and Reni

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Tonga is goneskies. Look at how many junior centers we signed. That just proves it. Asotasi and Matuia have to be our priorities. Along with Patten imo. People asking for Pattens head really give me the sh!ts to be honest. Cutler is good, but Patten is still playing some really good footy

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
top 5 in order

1 roy asotasi
2 willie tonga
3 reni maitua
4 luke patten
5 ?????? is nate myles off contract? if he is then him but if not trent cutler

Doggiesfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The following are off contract for those who don't know:

Luke Patten
Willie Tonga
Chris Armit
Tony Grimaldi
Reni Maitua
Trent Cutler
Nate Myles
Dallas McIlwain
Daniel Conn
Ben Czislowski
Jon Green
Nick Kouparitsas
Jamie Small

The red ones are must sign in my opinion. I don't know whats happening with Grimaldi or Maitua but I hope we can re-sign them. We have enough props to cover the loss of Small and Karawana, Morrin, Conn, McIlwain and Williams can all play lock competently so it wouldn't be too bad to lose Kouparitsas.

B

Ben Godberts

jon green and cziwalksi have to go, and send willie tonga away
karl mcnichol will be better than him

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully all the focus is being put onto asotasi at the moment.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Asotasi would be my top priority if i was dogs management.. cutler and/or patten too

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Asotasi
Tonga
Maitua
Patten
Myles

also Grimaldi would be good to keep, but if he dosent retire, im pritty sure he will stay..

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive heard that Tonga is geting paid aprox 200 thousand a yr we can use that to resign Asotasi
and if bulldogs release Sherwin bulldogs would be able to resign maitua.
Does Anyone know how much sherwin is earning a season?

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Asotasi
2.Maitua
3.Patten
4.Tonga
5.Myles
6.McIlwain

H

Haztrick

With Grimaldi retiring, it will free up some space, so hopefully we can re-sign the majority of players off contract. Must sign IMO are Reni Maitua, Luke Patten, Roy Asotasi, Trent Cutler and Dallas McIllwain.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajcutler

Waterboy
Reaction score
What!!!! release Sherwin, not sure if i'm from the wrong planet but has anyone notice that we have no tactical kicking game or play making ability without him, 4 hit ups and a kick over the dead ball line won't beat anyone, maybe grimaldi can play halfback he dosen't run the ball, he's very slow to pass the ball if he dose get it away, but he tackles allot people think thats all a player has to do to stay in the top grade, or there is Corey Hughes who lost us 6 straight game last years at halfback and while he's getting poor rating each week Folkes can't stop praising him hmmmmm but he never praises anyone maybe Folkes is friend with his father some how. Maybe Nexcastle will release Andrew Johns so the can sign Josh Perry or brisbane will ask lockyer to leave to make room for Petro, or Penrith will let Gower go to keep Waterhouse, or manly will let Orford go to keep Jason King, or sharks could off Kimorley for Hutch. There is a reason why Teams pay big money for good halfbacks, a player who just tackles dose that because he lacks abillity to play(look at a player like Hindmash who tackles alot and make more than 3 hit ups per game aroung 15 hitups) where good play makers are rare and teams can't win by only tackling.

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
Luke Patten
Reni Maitua
Tony Grimaldi
Nate Mylesl

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JayBee said:
I think Tonga is goneskies. Look at how many junior centers we signed. That just proves it. Asotasi and Matuia have to be our priorities. Along with Patten imo. People asking for Pattens head really give me the sh!ts to be honest. Cutler is good, but Patten is still playing some really good footy

couldn't agree with you more about patten and cutler. Patten has been close to our best this year, and has been great for us since his arrival in 2001

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we need to sign up one of our backs as a priority.

so either Tonga or Patten first, then Reni. Roy is easier to replace with our current roster then reni or Tonga.

This does not mean that Roy is not one of the best front rowers in the game,as he is. Iam purley stating that we have more depth in the front row than centres and classy utilities

nikki_luvs_yaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keep Reni, he's guna grow his game n get betta i reckon...asatasi n tonga shood also b resigned 2...but wat bout sonny? does n.e1 kno if he's contract runs out dis yr?

Status
Not open for further replies.