Which Kenneller is going to complain to the Australian Press Council about the Telegraph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
So I already did my part a few years ago when I lodged a formal complaint with the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) re breach of Industry Codes re all that stuff with man-head Jayne Azzopardi and using a telescopic listening device to spy on the Bulldogs mad Monday celebrations

Then what she allegedly heard was plastered all over the TV media and the club got fined (sounds familiar).

The ACMA kept me updated on the status of my compliaint and they did require a formal response from Channel 9 re its actions and reporting.

The media scum would have had to refer the matter to its lawyers and it would have used up plenty of time, resources and money preparing the response.

Channel 9 had to justify its actions and demonstrate that they did not breach several aspects of the Code.

Complaints re hard copy media are made to the Australian Press Council.

So who from The Kennel wants to step up to the plate and complain to the Australian Press Council regarding the Telegraph and the current round of media bullshit?

Last edited:
A

Alexander the Great

So I already did my part a few years ago when I lodged a formal complaint with the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) re breach of Industry Codes re all that stuff with man-head Jayne Azzopardi and using a telescopic listening device to spy on the Bulldogs mad Monday celebrations

Then what she allegedly heard was plastered all over the TV media and the club got fined (sounds familiar).

The ACMA kept me updated on the status of my compliaint and they did require a formal response from Channel 9 re its actions and reporting.

The media scum would have had to refer the matter to its lawyers and it would have used up plenty of time, resources and money preparing the response.

Channel 9 had to justify its actions and demonstrate that they did not breach several aspects of the Code.

So who from The Kennel wants to step up to the plate and do the same and complain to the ACMA regarding the Telegraph and the current round of media bullshit?
I think we all should complain. Can you lead me to the right direction?

images-3.jpegIMG-20180907-WA0002.jpeg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do the ACMA even cover printed media?

Australian Press Council are the governing body for papers as far as I know, and they are weak as piss.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If someone drafts up a letter than we can all just copy and paste email it......... someone do it

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score

Australian Press Council are the governing body for papers as far as I know, and they are weak as piss.
Yeah I just checked that before reading your post you are right. I'll amend my post

The ACMA was because my previous complaint was re Channel 9 and electronic media.

The same sentiment will apply the idea of my complaint was just to give something back to Channel 9.

The same can be done re a complaint to the Australian Press Council and the Telegraph

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I think we all should complain. Can you lead me to the right direction?

View attachment 7280View attachment 7281
First of all, I loved the photos you posted.

It's basically the same person isn't it?

Second since I posted I looked into the functions of different bodies.

The ACMA is for complaints re electronic media (and so covered my Channel 9 complaint).

For hard copy (newspaper) it is the Australian Press Council so I amended the title of my thread.

My whole idea is to make the media accountable . they think they can do and write anything and get away with it.

So you just go into the Australian Press Council website www.presscouncil.org.au

Near the top in red it says: "At the bottom of this page you will find a link to the Council's online complaint form"

Whilst complaining to the Telegraph prior to complaining to the Press Council is not essential, it might be a good first step.

Cheers!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I looked the other day and the haven't exactly broken their code of conduct.

As I said, they are weak as piss the APC.

I've reported Daily Mail to them in the past for publishing an article detailing where to buy drugs on the darkweb... APC replied that it was "written in the publics best interest".

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score

Couldn't say from experience if Press Council is as weak as piss, but I expect you are right.

I suppose if the complaint contains enough compelling information (and I read all your research re taking and distributing the images - thanks for that) then you might get some traction with the Press Council.

I guess the other option is to do nothing which I think the media probably relies on.

I think in the case of my channel 9 complaint, the station would not have been happy about what it had to do to respond to the ACMA.

That was my way of returning the favour to Channel 9 and it would be good to similarly cause some grief to the Telegraph in the current case.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I looked the other day and the haven't exactly broken their code of conduct.

As I said, they are weak as piss the APC.

I've reported Daily Mail to them in the past for publishing an article detailing where to buy drugs on the darkweb... APC replied that it was "written in the publics best interest".
Sorry to hear about that experience.

It must have pissed you off when you tried to do some community / social good.

You have to wonder how any rational person could possibly come up with what the APC did in the example you gave above

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score

Complaints re hard copy media are made to the Australian Press Council.

So who from The Kennel wants to step up to the plate and complain to the Australian Press Council regarding the Telegraph and the current round of media bullshit?
I just submitted an official complaint. Others please do likewise. The more the Telecrap gets tied up dealing with these the better

Status
Not open for further replies.