Which coach???

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus will look for an experienced coach to take on a rebuild of a club. He mentioned this before on footy.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your kris Woolf why would you leave St. Helens where he has a 80% record and crushing the comp to come back to our shit fight 96 points in 10 weeks is pathetic
To challenge yourself in the best rugby league competition in the world?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree.

Gus should ban Baz from next week's game and tell the boys to play what's in front of them.
Which is probably what happened when he took over training and we beat the rorters. Technically barrett has only 1 win this season as coach

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wjat
What do you mean get Gus in there ??????

He runs the football department and has the say on the coach. He hasn’t coached in 23 years at NRL level. Sorry mate but it’s fuckin stupid to think he will step in as interim coach . His job is to develop pathways so we are not in this situation again.

I wouldn’t bring anyone in as interim coach. We suck now and will suck with an interim coach.
Decent long-term coach are you going to get in immediately?

Best to go interim till the end of the year when we can properly get the RIGHT coach in

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brilliant coach.

In super league. Where Brett Finch won man of steel along with about 10 other nrl rejects.

Probably add Dufty to the list next year.

Jai Field looks like Billy Slater over there and he couldn’t even play first grade for St Merge
Same coach that coached tonga to a win over australia, but yeah bro, hes shit

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cmon man, Pay was no more the answer than Baz.
The guy was doing a far better job with a far worse side. A side so bad you'd forgive it for not even doing well in NSW Cup. Every week they were competitive and punching above and at one stage got close enough to make a play for the finals.

We'll never know how good he could've been given the same chance Barrett had.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Probably throw a bone to Dean Pay. In retrospect he was doing a pretty bloody good job considering his team was worse than this one.

Mick Potter would be my second elect.

Not sold on Ciraldo whatsoever.

S. Flanagan, assuming he could get the best out of Kyle, would be the only other I’d consider.
Potter would be good for a bridging coach. They need someone experienced at this point.

But for me long term it’s either Flanagan or Green. And watching green once he lost Thurston lose the playing group. I’m tipping my hat to Flanagan

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The guy was doing a far better job with a far worse side. A side so bad you'd forgive it for not even doing well in NSW Cup. Every week they were competitive and punching above and at one stage got close enough to make a play for the finals.

We'll never know how good he could've been given the same chance Barrett had.
I disagree bro. Pay would not have had us any better than Baz. We were just as abysmal under him. IMO, pre six agains was a different game.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same coach that coached tonga to a win over australia, but yeah bro, hes shit
Where did I say he was shit ?

Don’t make stuff up , bro.

Just saying the super league is completely different

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wjat

Decent long-term coach are you going to get in immediately?

Best to go interim till the end of the year when we can properly get the RIGHT coach in
We are not getting a decent interim coach in if Baz gets sacked. But there is zero chance that Gus will be the interim. It’s ridiculous to think he would do that.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably throw a bone to Dean Pay. In retrospect he was doing a pretty bloody good job considering his team was worse than this one.

Mick Potter would be my second elect.

Not sold on Ciraldo whatsoever.

S. Flanagan, assuming he could get the best out of Kyle, would be the only other I’d consider.
Bipolar Kennel at its finest.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Potter would be good for a bridging coach. They need someone experienced at this point.

But for me long term it’s either Flanagan or Green. And watching green once he lost Thurston lose the playing group. I’m tipping my hat to Flanagan
Yeah I can still see Green's pressers too.....shades of Barrett's excuses and Pay's blank dumbfounded looks.

If Gus has someone in mind for 2023 then MAYBE Potter as interim for the rest of the year with him staying on a Asst?

Just a mess all round no matter what :(