Which coach???

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He picked some absolutely atrocious players. John Olive, Clay Priest, Katoa, overpaid DWZ. There were better options available.

There was no doubt he was used to get thru a tough period but if he thought he was going to be at the bottom of the ladder than given the salary cap to spend as he pleased he was very naive.
Great player, shit coach.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And how do you know he is not a hard ass coach? Because he is not animated in the coaches box?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey mate .... why not.

A new coach is probably going to want a full pre-season, and bring in his own staff.
Imagine the pressure on a long-term signing of a coach. How would he be able to implement his vision with no preseason. Also question whether there's truly anyone on the market right now who can step into that role.

Gus in till the end of the year. Blood a heap of youngsters. Clean out the idiots so new coach starts with a clean slate

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It really is mind boggling lol
The fact that we shafted Pay for Barrett, of all people, is equally mind boggling.

That fact that people thought Pay had to go, yet were happy and excited about Barrett is sad and nuts at the same time.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a NO to Shane Flanagan from me. I'm not locking myself into a future with Kyle Flanagan at 7 and losing promising young players like Hayward and Rajab as a result.
Kristian Woolf is my vote, the man's had success everywhere he's been as a head coach and would have a good reputation with both England and islander players.
This. Fuck Shane flange and his son.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact that we shafted Pay for Barrett, of all people, is equally mind boggling.

That fact that people thought Pay had to go, yet were happy and excited about Barrett is sad and nuts at the same time.
Pay was not up to it. Baz is not up to it. Pay had to go and Baz has to go. Both can be true.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Far out guys. If you think Gus will coach us you need to be committed.

Just ridiculous to even suggest it
Gus should step in. End of.

Who would you bring in as interim? There aren't any top coaches out there right now that we can get mid-season.

Get Gus in there. Create mayhem. We do on.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love kristian woolf, brilliant coach
Would love kristian woolf, brilliant coach
Brilliant coach.

In super league. Where Brett Finch won man of steel along with about 10 other nrl rejects.

Probably add Dufty to the list next year.

Jai Field looks like Billy Slater over there and he couldn’t even play first grade for St Merge

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus should step in. End of.

Who would you bring in as interim? There aren't any top coaches out there right now that we can get mid-season.

Get Gus in there. Create mayhem. We do on.
What do you mean get Gus in there ??????

He runs the football department and has the say on the coach. He hasn’t coached in 23 years at NRL level. Sorry mate but it’s fuckin stupid to think he will step in as interim coach . His job is to develop pathways so we are not in this situation again.

I wouldn’t bring anyone in as interim coach. We suck now and will suck with an interim coach.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your kris Woolf why would you leave St. Helens where he has a 80% record and crushing the comp to come back to our shit fight 96 points in 10 weeks is pathetic

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys a hell of a lot of disrespect shown here in your comments. No Coach would want to come in for the rest of this season, so you can't have our Coach going forward expected to start now, as the players and the coach immediately get off on the wrong foot.
A coach starts at a pre season. So who takes the reigns the rest of this year is irrelevent.
The best choice for mine is Flanagan Snr. The position of his son in the team though is concerning, especially if we reveal to him in discussions that we will be letting Kyle go. Maybe for this reason and the fact the coach works under Gus means Flanagan Snr may not want the gig.
If that's the case then, as much as it's not perfect, among available options I'd go Green then Toovey.
Can't have someone with no FG experience. Baz has been a disaster.