Which coach???

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett is as good as gone.
Few more weeks of these performances and his position will become untenable.

So which coach?
I'm thinking the Daddy.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside of Flanagan….
which purely on the based on his son I’m not a fan of going down this line.

Maybe offer him an interim role for this year and see how he goes.

There aren’t many other proven good experienced coaches out there.

I’m not a fan of bringing in a Super League coach. NSW Cup is a higher standard than the Super League.

I wouldn’t mind a play for either Ryels or Brentnall. Even both as a partnership.

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably throw a bone to Dean Pay. In retrospect he was doing a pretty bloody good job considering his team was worse than this one.

Mick Potter would be my second elect.

Not sold on Ciraldo whatsoever.

S. Flanagan, assuming he could get the best out of Kyle, would be the only other I’d consider.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett is as good as gone.
Few more weeks of these performances and his position will become untenable.

So which coach?
I'm thinking the Daddy.
I'm pretty sure his position is untenable now as it is....

In saying that, I think for future development we NEED a proven coach. It's been a slippery slope since DesBall and I don't think we can afford to go down the unproven route yet again.

In terms of Super League coaches, again very different and Holbrook ain't exactly setting the league on fire with what he has.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno on a interim for the remainder of the year, if he proves he's got results than year by year. Taking anyone at the start of a season (including flanno) could back fire so whoever we get when we get someone needs to be 1 year deals.

Unless it's Bellamy of course but that's never going to happen.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think the players need a hard nose coach who will teach them discipline - NOT Mr f..king nice guy Barrett who always finishes last like all nice guys. Players need to know there's punishment if they fuck up. They need respect for their coach. Barrett has achieved nothing as a coach. Why would they respect him ? Flano would get respect because the players know he's been there and done that (WON a comp). Potter, Ciraldo etc would likely be exactly the same as Barrett with our team. Players wouldn't bleed for them

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Probably throw a bone to Dean Pay. In retrospect he was doing a pretty bloody good job considering his team was worse than this one.

Mick Potter would be my second elect.

Not sold on Ciraldo whatsoever.

S. Flanagan, assuming he could get the best out of Kyle, would be the only other I’d consider.
Deano wouldn't touch this place after being shit on last time.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What ever happened to the Walker brothers? Not saying I'd want them, but IIRC they were touted as next cab off the rank not so long ago

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanno has to be the one. As if any rookie coach would want to take the poison chalice that is Canterbury

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno on a interim for the remainder of the year, if he proves he's got results than year by year. Taking anyone at the start of a season (including flanno) could back fire so whoever we get when we get someone needs to be 1 year deals.

Unless it's Bellamy of course but that's never going to happen.
Absolutely. Only proven coach to go for at the moment. And his results speak for themselves. He’s had success in the past and can do again. Better than what we have. And I know his son will be the appeal for him. But at least it would land him..!!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a NO to Shane Flanagan from me. I'm not locking myself into a future with Kyle Flanagan at 7 and losing promising young players like Hayward and Rajab as a result.
Kristian Woolf is my vote, the man's had success everywhere he's been as a head coach and would have a good reputation with both England and islander players.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get John Morris

We're not going to get anyone good established, they already have a job and won't leave it for us

After Flanagan was sacked Morris went through quite a bit getting cronulla firing again and I think he was unjustly told he'd no longer be coach. With those limitations he did a bloody good job at cronulla

Had their team playing exciting football

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any coach that comes in is going to be a risk. I'm not against an inexperienced FG coach but they need to have some type of genuine record like lower grade success.

Those thinking Flanno is the saviour because he's experienced and won a premiership cast your memory back to Des Hasler. An experienced coach who was a premiership winner and we are still recovering from his time here.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get John Morris

We're not going to get anyone good established, they already have a job and won't leave it for us

After Flanagan was sacked Morris went through quite a bit getting cronulla firing again and I think he was unjustly told he'd no longer be coach. With those limitations he did a bloody good job at cronulla

Had their team playing exciting football
You're alive! Good to see mate, have been worried about you.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any coach that comes in is going to be a risk. I'm not against an inexperienced FG coach but they need to have some type of genuine record like lower grade success.

Those thinking Flanno is the saviour because he's experienced and won a premiership cast your memory back to Des Hasler. An experienced coach who was a premiership winner and we are still recovering from his time here.
At this point it has to be an interim.

Personally I'd have Gus in for the rest of the year so we can have a new coach start off on a clean slate