Opinion Which coach would you of wanted

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
My opinion I would of got Jim Dymock reason why is simple he wasn’t afraid dropping players on performance he didn’t have his favourite players he has bulldogs DNA and also in end of 2011 he won us 6 out of our 8 games while coaching us.

Who’s your picks ??
Im happy with ciraldo. Side isnt there yet but we are already better off for the time of year compared to last 5 years

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's all very much academic anyway. I'm really of the opinion that even the best coaches are only as good as the players they can field.

Not saying Bennett is a myth, but he had a really shit roster at Newcastle and did SFA with it before quitting early in the piece to save his reputation. People can argue that his roster at the dolphins isn't great. But he's at least picked up a strong forward pack and up and coming spine players. He just simplifies the roles players have to follow.

The reality is that there isn't a super coach tree around where we could just pluck quality from. There's a handful of clubs in recent years that have needed to try rookies.

I'm just going to hope that Ciraldo can keep our squad improving and keep luring in talent where we need it. Until we have that foundation of talent we'll struggle.

Right now we've got the strongest 2-5 we've had in years, next year it'll hopefully be better again. Burton is still going to offer a lot, but right now is working behind a beaten pack. Oloapu still has a lot to prove at NRL level where he's finally meeting players that he's not generally stronger than. Our forward pack definitely needs improvement. But given that we saw a new team enter the comp with a full salary cap to fill, it was slim pickings on the player market and I think it will be for a couple of years to come.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan but the problem was his son. He is the only coach who has runs on the board for turning around a club with a loser stench into premiership threat. They also played very tough and physical. I liked how he signed older heads like Luke Lewis & Heighington in his pack as well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need more than a halfback.
No doubt but a body is not going to function without a brain.

Right now we have an able body who moves its legs when its meant to move its arms!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sick of the talk about Flanagan. He had a fkn amazing 17 pumped up on PEDs and Ciro has this pile of shit list. It’s not the coach
When he joined Shark they were in the bin and he built their roster from the ground up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's all very much academic anyway. I'm really of the opinion that even the best coaches are only as good as the players they can field.

Not saying Bennett is a myth, but he had a really shit roster at Newcastle and did SFA with it before quitting early in the piece to save his reputation. People can argue that his roster at the dolphins isn't great. But he's at least picked up a strong forward pack and up and coming spine players. He just simplifies the roles players have to follow.

The reality is that there isn't a super coach tree around where we could just pluck quality from. There's a handful of clubs in recent years that have needed to try rookies.

I'm just going to hope that Ciraldo can keep our squad improving and keep luring in talent where we need it. Until we have that foundation of talent we'll struggle.

Right now we've got the strongest 2-5 we've had in years, next year it'll hopefully be better again. Burton is still going to offer a lot, but right now is working behind a beaten pack. Oloapu still has a lot to prove at NRL level where he's finally meeting players that he's not generally stronger than. Our forward pack definitely needs improvement. But given that we saw a new team enter the comp with a full salary cap to fill, it was slim pickings on the player market and I think it will be for a couple of years to come.
Dolphin had the worst roster going into the year, many had Dolphin finishing last. What Bennett has done has proved how important a quality experienced coach is.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m all in for CC. I think he will be fine in the long run just don’t think we have the cattle. Our forwards are abysmal and really need an attitude change. I think being able to look outside the top 30 from now on will be a bonus. Gus needs to find a couple of gems to use up our top 30 to finish the season.

Just so disappointed with that first half last night and if CC does no changes next week despite NSW cup winning my opinion of him will change :tearsofjoy:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt but a body is not going to function without a brain.

Right now we have an able body who moves its legs when its meant to move its arms!
Able body? How do you explain opposition running the field each set through the middle lately ?

Can’t blame the HB for that.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually Bennett did ok at Newcastle . One year he was one game away from grand final and then the following year the Alex McKinnon thing happened that derailed them plus the club was having issues financially with tinkler

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
plus technically they were over the salary cap also
Not technically bro, they were. Well each year either side of the premiership but not the year they won according to the clowns at nrl. Fkn rorting *****

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can I politely ask why he instills you with any confidence? I get you prob bought into the Gus hype train around him but aside from that..?
His press conferences. From the early rounds he's been big on accountability and never made excuses, wether that be with the quality of squad or referees.

He knows what's required and he isn't throwing people under the bus like Barrett did. Essentially hes playing the long game and deserves patience from fans imo.