Which 4 -5 players would make us a serious contender ?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I had a dream last night, a little troll was chasing me. I got close to lakemba station and a hobbit starting chasing me. As I jump on a train the doors closed leaving the troll and hobbit on the platform. Got to belmore station and the transit officers get on so I dashed off the train because I didn’t have my opal card. As I jumped the gate , someone says oi. So I pissed bolted . Scared out of my brain I ended up at belmore stadium. It’s game night bulldogs first home game at belmore and I think to myself ..... how much garlic sauce did Nargis kebabs put on........ can’t wait for the footy!! Bring on May 28th

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We'd be buying him as a five-eighth or fullback but only if we believe in Wakeham developing. Otherwise it'll work out similar to the Broncos. If Milford doesn't have to worry about organising (more so being the main guy) and can just focus on running and playing what's in front of him with his pace there is so much needed x-factor that we're missing right there. Otherwise we keep Foran. Not confident running with three of our other halves and no one else available.
I don't want Milford but honestly a left edge shift consisting off Wakeham, Milford, Averillo and Hopoate will set up plenty of points

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see Katoa given more opportunity to show what hes got. He played very well for Tonga.
I think he will be good if he is given more game time, and he gets his confidence going.
He has good passing skills and is a solid unit.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should sign jackson Hastings
Agree, has started to show his potential in the English Super League and from all reports was outstanding last year. Has a good kicking game and sure he would have a point to prove by coming back to the NRL. I've been pushing for him for a while . He is a definite upgrade on what we've got (except Foran when he is fit) We should go all out for this guy in my humble opinion

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We should sign jackson Hastings
Hastings, seriously, there is a reason/s why he hasn’t lasted at any team for more than 2 seasons, why he’s on his 4th team in 6 years. Is it attitude or just not being that good? Does it matter, especially since he’s signed with Wigan for 2021.

Go Dogs

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reimis is our winger he’s scored 19 tries in 37 games including 12 in 2019 so he’s a good finisher for a side that can’t score tries

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll take Foran for cheap only cause there‘s
Nothing out there and just pray he stays fit cause he’s good when he is

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DFafita, why the hell would we have to offer $200k more than the Titans, they may not even survive 2020, he would have zero job security there, they have next to zero infrastructure and no chance of a premiership for at least 5 years.

Go Dogs
The days of big money and clubs paying overs are over boys!! This is a big reality check for the game and clubs just can’t afford it and the salary caps are going to be reduced by heaps.there will be lots of talent floating around next year and we might be in a good position to pick up some good players

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree, has started to show his potential in the English Super League and from all reports was outstanding last year. Has a good kicking game and sure he would have a point to prove by coming back to the NRL. I've been pushing for him for a while . He is a definite upgrade on what we've got (except Foran when he is fit) We should go all out for this guy in my humble opinion
I like the potential in hastings, but he and Wakeham are both 7s as is Cogger... Hastings would have been great with Foran when he first arrived though

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The days of big money and clubs paying overs are over boys!! This is a big reality check for the game and clubs just can’t afford it and the salary caps are going to be reduced by heaps.there will be lots of talent floating around next year and we might be in a good position to pick up some good players
Less money but the principle of paying overs remains. If the salary cap reduced by 50% (just an example, probably isn't going to be that severe), a player that was 'worth' 1m that would of come to a lesser club for 1.2-1.3m, on the new salary cap (again using the example of 50%) the player would be 'worth' 500k and they'd come to a lesser club for 600-650k. It'll be the same or close enough %. The only thing that'll change is the amount that the players are on and it'll eventually go back up again over time. I fail to see what actually changes otherwise.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Once the leagues club fully reopens we can “afford” anyone, our limit is the Cap.

I can’t see how the NRL can reduce the Cap, players have legally binding contracts. Contracts that are in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or more year. Contracts can’t be broken without agreement from all involved parties, which they achieved this year because of the shortened season. But with a full season almost certain next year I don’t see why the players would agree to another pay cut. I sure as hell wouldn’t, if the NRL has a cashflow issue that’s their problem, not mine.

More importantly we won’t have a cashflow problem, so why should our players suffer because other people can’t manage their finances. You want to give players a reason to sign with us, how about you’ll get paid the full value of your contract. We won’t short change you.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once the leagues club fully reopens we can “afford” anyone, our limit is the Cap.

I can’t see how the NRL can reduce the Cap, players have legally binding contracts. Contracts that are in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or more year. Contracts can’t be broken without agreement from all involved parties, which they achieved this year because of the shortened season. But with a full season almost certain next year I don’t see why the players would agree to another pay cut. I sure as hell wouldn’t, if the NRL has a cashflow issue that’s their problem, not mine.

More importantly we won’t have a cashflow problem, so why should our players suffer because other people can’t manage their finances. You want to give players a reason to sign with us, how about you’ll get paid the full value of your contract. We won’t short change you.

Cheers
Gary
I wouldn’t be taking anything for granted next year regarding the salary cap
They can and will justify anything to suit certain clubs just to keep the organisation afloat,don’t be surprised if struggling clubs get a bit of side salad
As far as keeping finances in check well the NRL are a very poor role model to be honest with you.