Opinion Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

• Belmore

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • Stadium Australia

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Bankwest

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • A purpose built Bankwest type stadium in Liverpool/Moorebank area

Votes: 69 46.3%

• Total voters

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While BankWest is in Parramatta, anyone who has had the pleasure of viewing a footy game there will agree it's Sydney's premier sporting arena.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Realistically the NSW Government isn't going to build a brand new stadium just for the Bulldogs. BankWest was build for primarily for Parra Eels & Wanderers and then also all the other sports teams in Sydney. Moore Park is the same; getting re-developed for Roosters/Sydney FC. If we are any chance of having a new stadium build for us it would need to be shared with another team. Instead of improving Stadium Australia, maybe put money into improving the old Sydney Showground as GWS are currently playing out of it. It had a few benefits such as being in 'our area', shared with another team and we have a history of playing games there. For me the big down-side of the showground is its shape; not ideal for watching footy so they would have to completely alter it.
But the showground has been altered for the GWS. They will not make it rectangular for NRL. Positioning our selves as the SW Sydney team with a purpose built stadium at Liverpool, which is shared with Macarthur FC and Wests is IMO, the smart move. Don't we still own the land near the Whitlam centre where oasis/stardome was going to be built? The government is more likely to invest money in a stadium in Liverpool as opposed to anywhere else due to the current and planned growth of the area, closeness to the new airport, close to m5/ m7 /train station/ tway etc.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that Liverpool will eventually turn into Sydney’s 3rd CBD, increasing population & more land to utilise, it makes the most sense moving forward.
The fact that we can also tap into the West’s junior catchment as well, is an added plus, as the Tigers being a basket-case is a good help.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There were some interesting comments at the football club members forums last night.

Belmore doesn’t sound like an option due to lack of funding, lighting & TV facilities.

The Stadium Australia refurb may or may not happen

Bankwest is great but in Parramatta

Our best chance of our own new stadium is Liverpool/Moorebank/Warwick Farm or even around Bankstown airport if the right space becomes available

The club seem of the opinion 80% of fans want all games at Belmore

Please vote & I’ll present this to the club
I havent lived in Sydney for 20 years so bear with me lol but what about the Crest area Bass Hill is it still available used for sports? or near Bankstown Airport would be fantastic maybe make Riverwood golf course smaller tack onto it somehow, have a big complex restaurants etc could rock i dunno just thoughts.
Agree somewhere closer to our roots than Liverpool would be better imo.Have a soft spot for Belmore but understand the development of the ground and its size etc are big issues..

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taking out the sentiment of Belmore - first went there in 1966 - Liverpool makes most sense - road, bus rail transport, booming population - i live near there enormous amount of high rise, expanding and improving eateries etc, - Theres now even multi storey unit development at Moorebank and more to come

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At Belmore there was always something cool about the train line right behind the posts it has a real urban or suburban feel intimate even, albeit League is hardly intimate i know.Went there so many times over the years, used to play 1 on 1 footy on the steep hill with my brother as a kid, Robbo going at 175 mph into the line all day, later saw Baa kick a field goal when we were 2 points behind lol, watching Crackers fn smashing anyone who ran wide thinking the backs were an easier option for metres or a line break...i'll never forget the place.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We definitely need a home ground that we can call our own & other teams fear coming to. ANZ Stadium fears nobody because everybody is spread out & little atmosphere.

Personally put it in my back yard & knock down a few neighbour's houses, but then again it's probably too far to go. LOL
It’s a huge disadvantage not to have a home ground. Cannot believe we have been conceding the home ground advantage for as long as we have. ANZ stadium sucks balls!!! It’s a dreadful spectacle unless there is 40k+ Fans in there. Have been to far too many games with 8k crowd which sucks a lot of the enjoyment out of it, especially the way we’ve been playing the past 4 seasons.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool is the way to go. Thought of it few years ago and I thought there should be another soccer team in the south West area and not long ago there's a new soccer team which could share the stadium in Liverpool with the dogs.

Is it possible the club could own a soccer team? Like buy out the Macquarie soccer club?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only games I get to see are in bris or gc

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love belmore and always will, have some very fond memories of my mum taking me to doggies games as a kid. But moving forward liverpool is the best option.

we need a real home ground advantage

TAS

All In
Reaction score
I like stadium Australia. But hey I'm just selfish because it only takes 10 mins to get there.
Yes this would be my preference for the same selfish reason. I'm also 10 minutes away and it's so easy for me to get there and back for our games.

I would love a purpose built home for us somewhere between Bankstown and Liverpool, but I think government funding is more likely to be made available for a reconfigured/rectangular Stadium Australia than for an entirely new stadium elsewhere. I think it would be more likely to convince government to make Stadium Australia rectangular as all its sporting tenants are rectangular sports. Both cricket and AFL are locked in at the SCG meaning Stadium Australia has no tenants that require an oval field.

I believe a NRL lobby group for a reconfigured Stadium Australia that also gets involved the FFA and ARU for their big soccer and rugby events would definitely be more attractive and have a much better chance of getting government approval.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have too strong a Leagues Club and too much money for the NRL to try a legal fight with us. We ain't going nowhere.

Go Dogs
If only that were true. The NRL don't give a rats arse how much money the club has. There are a lot more factors to be taken into account than just having a wealthy leagues club. Geography is just one of them. It's very dangerous to underestimate and not have all the i's dotted and t's crossed.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Homebush is Home These days , 15 mins from belmore

try getting to parramatta on a thurs or fri night for a game
liverpool is too far from base
Belmore needs to much work and money

Reactions: TAS

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Option E-
Iqbals basement in Granville on a VIPSports stream and 1 litre of teachers scotch whisky and mums frozen curry
*nasheed chooses E*

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There were some interesting comments at the football club members forums last night.

Belmore doesn’t sound like an option due to lack of funding, lighting & TV facilities.

The Stadium Australia refurb may or may not happen

Bankwest is great but in Parramatta

Our best chance of our own new stadium is Liverpool/Moorebank/Warwick Farm or even around Bankstown airport if the right space becomes available

The club seem of the opinion 80% of fans want all games at Belmore

Please vote & I’ll present this to the club
What about just demolishing Belmore and putting up a new stadium and use some of the carpark and joining park to accomodate a bigger stadium? Or even just a refurb?

All my best memories as a kid watching footy are at Belmore, so I've always wanted them to stay there. I think it's a good ground for the players to, the noise and support and the crowd being so close.

It can become another Brookvale, Liechadrt