KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Papali'li
Kiraz
Crighton
Alamoti
JAC

Xerri makes his way back through Cup, Pehram reserve fullback and Averillo reserve centre/utility.
Averillo and Perham will end up at different teams sadly...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Floated this idea a few weeks back.
11. Skelton
12. Kikau
13. Preston
Could work, I'm not fussed about who defends at right edge back row as they are pretty solid on their inside shoulder with Flanno. Just gotta worry about Avo on the outside
I'd say the only reason Skelton hasnt got a run yet is his read on defense so im not sure if throwing him into the backrow is a viable option atm.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Reece Walsh was open to moving to Sydney after his NZ stint. He’s a gun fullback and probably significantly cheaper than Crichton. Maybe he always wanted to return to Brisbane
Critta wont be in FB for more than a year if that, so going out a buying an all out FB would be a silly option... We have the best young FB coming through in Joash Papal'i who will be a premiership winning FB one day so Critta will be going back to centre.

We will have the best backline in the game in 2 years.

Papali'i
Kiraz
Crighton
Alamoti
JAC

Just need KO to kick on, build a decent pack and we are set for a couple of GF'z.

Last edited:

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta wont be in FB for more than a year if that so going out a buying an all out FB would be a silly option... We have the best young FB coming through in Joash Papal'i who will be a premiership winning FB one day so Critta will be going back to centre.

We will have the best backline in the game in 2 years.

Papali'i
Kiraz
Crighton
Alamoti
JAC

Just need KO to kick on, build a decent pack and we are set for a couple of GF'z.
I think Perham is coming Nicely into the FB role. I haven’t watched Joash play. You think he’s better?

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
am I the only one who thinks he doesn't want to be at the panthers this season considering his form had been below average

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
am I the only one who thinks he doesn't want to be at the panthers this season considering his form had been below average
His form has always been like this

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s inconsistent. He had a MOM worthy performance in their win against Souths and then two weeks later with a bye break, he was invisible against the Eels

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perham is in a good spot
Fullback pretty much his this season

Play well and earn a new contract here or elsewhere

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say the only reason Skelton hasnt got a run yet is his read on defense so im not sure if throwing him into the backrow is a viable option atm.
ye what about Averillos read in defence?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Perham is in a good spot
Fullback pretty much his this season

Play well and earn a new contract here or elsewhere
I would keep for depth easily unless another club has him for a starting spot

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ye what about Averillos read in defence?
Definitely better than Skeltons I'll tell ya that... Believe me i would love to see Skelton in first grade but if you watch his read in D during the pre season at centre he was a sure bet to mis read the play 8-10 times.

An option could always be shifting Kiraz to centre and bringing him onto the wing but then again would you move the Dally M leader?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely better than Skeltons I'll tell ya that... Believe me i would love to see Skelton in first grade but if you watch his read in D during the pre season at centre he was a sure bet to mis read the play 8-10 times.
They're grooming him as a winger though aren't they? Burns and Casey would be ahead of him at centre.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're grooming him as a winger though aren't they? Burns and Casey would be ahead of him at centre.
Because of his D aka Knockon he was shifted to the wing where he is killing it. Hopefully we can keep him tbh but I dont see him taking JAC or Kiraz's spot anytime soon and will only play incase of injuries so he'll probably leave..

He can easily be our next knockon on the bench considering his versatility... Kids like him and Topine off the bench would be nice.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Reece Walsh was open to moving to Sydney after his NZ stint. He’s a gun fullback and probably significantly cheaper than Crichton. Maybe he always wanted to return to Brisbane
Reece was only allowed to sign with the Broncos for exactly the same contract value he was on at the Warriors. That was the only reason they released him. They wouldn’t let him sign with any other QLD club and he already said because his ex partner and his baby reside in Brisbane he only wanted to go there

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score

An option could always be shifting Kiraz to centre and bringing him onto the wing but then again would you move the Dally M leader?
Skelton has a lot of potential but a lot of work to do also.
He hasn't done enough yet to climb above the current 1st grade backs, but he might get there if he continues to improve.
Give him some time. He's only had a few games in league.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Skelton has a lot of potential but a lot of work to do also.
He hasn't done enough yet to climb above the current 1st grade backs, but he might get there if he continues to improve.
Give him some time. He's only had a few games in league.
Dont think time is on his side considering the backs we have coming in next year. Crighton and Papal'ii will jump him in the que and Perham is already ahead of him unless he leaves.. He is a decent talent but we have better... which is awesome if you think about it.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is below average more games than he is good. He has a habit of standing up in the big moments. Which isn’t a bad thing. He just goes missing a lot of the time.

This has helped inflate his value in people’s minds. When he is good he is very good. Unfortunately he is inconsistent and has been since he arrived in the NRL.

For any older people on here. Not as a player as they are polar opposite in positions, but he is similar to Paul Sirronen at Balmain in the 80’s.

For the most part would be average for the Tigers week in week out. Yet pull on the NSW or Australian jersey he was a world beater. The tigers fans would ask where is this every week with us. I think we will ask the same thing from Crichton. Where is the quality week in week out.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brooo... watch him tomorrow for the reserves. He is an all rounder... Farts on Walsh.
I notice your future backline is minus Xerri?

Exciting prospect if you're right about Papali'i mate!

Not directed at you this comment but I'm not buying into the critique of Chrichton BUT i will say if anyone thinks he is Cotric 2.0 LOL is all I can say...