Opinion Where will Crichton play?

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we’re to believe that Crichton didn’t sign to play fullback, where does he take over in ‘24?

This is if Averillo, Perham, and Alamoti all keep playing outstanding and improve every week as they have been

Keep in mind we do bring Xerri on board too (who I think should switch to the second row) and both Averillo and Perham are off contract

Early days, I know, but curious

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fullback and if he fails there he is still one the best centres in the game.

Ideally you don’t want to pay players spine money if they fail but I’d rather overpay for a centre in hope that he could become a good fb than overpaying a winger hoping he can become a centre or fullback as there’s not many strike centres around.

either way the seat is being warmed for Papali hopefully.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We gave him fullback money so you'd assume fullback. If he fails then he'll move to centres. He's a quality centre. I think Perham will be out of the team or utility depending on what happens with Averillo and Xerri.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't see it as a problem, it highlights that our club is finally turning the corner, finally in a stronger position to have quality depth in the top 30.

Plus we also know most backline players train in various positions in the pre-season to cover misfortunes so having depth is a good problem.

Let's continue our trust in our very own Goulddfather + Ciraldo who have a plan for everyone they have signed and will sign going forward.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good problem to have and it will be clearer at the time our 24 pre season starts.
Too much talent for the spots available so some guys will miss out unfortunately for them but excess gun players at the club is good for us.

I think Xerri will tear it up, at this stage and going forward Kiraz is an absolute lock for a spot, Chrichton plays either centre or fb and JAC has one wing..which leaves only 1 free spot really.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Perham has a good season, a season which begs to see more then centre. Signing him on fullback money is still controversial for me but his a handy player great that you can debate where he plays shows his skill set.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good problem to have and it will be clearer at the time our 24 pre season starts.
Too much talent for the spots available so some guys will miss out unfortunately for them but excess gun players at the club is good for us.

I think Xerri will tear it up, at this stage and going forward Kiraz is an absolute lock for a spot, Chrichton plays either centre or fb and JAC has one wing..which leaves only 1 free spot really.
There’s no way Xerri stars over alamoti lol

Depending on where crichton plays it’s only really right centre/fullback that are free

Probs say 1. Crichton 2. Kiraz 3. Avo 4. Alamoti 5. JAC is most likely at this stage

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Xerri is a query due to the long break definitely but he was origin bound after his first season at the same age as Paul.IF he recaptured that form he eats the two guys you named lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There’s no way Xerri stars over alamoti lol

Depending on where crichton plays it’s only really right centre/fullback that are free

Probs say 1. Crichton 2. Kiraz 3. Avo 4. Alamoti 5. JAC is most likely at this stage
I'm like 99% Xerri is more of a left centre than right centre so that also might be something to consider too.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You guys honestly believe Xerri signed without being promised a shot an centre LOL

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's going to mean we'll have a backline that should kick ass. Xerri might not regain his old form. But we're currently not in a bad position. Both Xerri and Chrighton have been walk up starters for their clubs. Worst case scenario is that either Alomati or Averillo destroy opponents this year and get dumped next season. But having quality depth is a great issue to have.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
it is a good question.
id say they firstly dont sign Burns,
Perham gets released if he has a gun season , or a terrible one. As he will attract money offers if he kills it, maybe to replace tomkins at catalans, and if shit he wont b retained on performance.
in between, he will be a squad player.

I think its pretty clear Crichton will be at the back. I think words to the contrary from Gus is a smokescreen and to not deflate Perham.

I think itll be:
1 Crichton
2 Kebab
3 Alamoti (if he plays well)
4 Averillo
5 Jac

Reserve centre:
Xerri
Reserve wing/FB:
Perham

Reserve utility back:
Declan
Papalii**

**I believe he will likely be outside top 30 but come in via injury

Also Okenbor might still be around as all round depth.