Opinion Where is the Harper brigade?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Others would say he had an off day but I never rated him personally, but then again there are quite a few players in our top squad that I don't rate as confirmed NRL talent either.....just fringe first graders at best.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree harper is no great loss.. he carved us up because he was highly motivated, just like all our former players..

He had a shocker today..

Whether or not he's better than lafai is questionable... But he's certainly better than holland and Montoya.. still seems stupid he wasn't used this year considering our centres predicament...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He got carved up today and dominated on returns out of his own half. Why the negativity towards the club for letting average players go?

Lafai is a more than capable replacement for Harper.
Couldn’t Agree more..!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One player is 30, the other 22. Lafai was just a short term fix, not a long term player.

I don't think anyone made Harper out to be a future immortal. Whether he ends up being a great player or not time will tell, is this is his 4th or 5th NRL game?

There's very few players who have stand out games week in, week out.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you'd find most people just wanted to see Harper given a go given how much of a basket case we were at centre. It was also obvious we weren't going to continue with Montoya and Holland after this year. This season we should of just been building for 2021.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree harper is no great loss.. he carved us up because he was highly motivated, just like all our former players..

He had a shocker today..

Whether or not he's better than lafai is questionable... But he's certainly better than holland and Montoya.. still seems stupid he wasn't used this year considering our centres predicament...
Agree,he was nothing today,he lined up against Montoya and Holland,when he played us,worst center pairing in the league,but I was very impressed with Corey Wardell,played well in a beaten side

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He had a shocker today..

A tomato can and a wombat is better than Montoya and Holland respectively. Lafai is def better than Harper. He was just barred up playing us.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Meaney is fullback next year, Harper won’t make the team in front of Cotric and Hopoate.

I wouldn’t have minded if we kept him, but I’m not bothered by him leaving.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He got carved up today and dominated on returns out of his own half. Why the negativity towards the club for letting average players go?

Lafai is a more than capable replacement for Harper.
Yeah continuously re-signing plodders like Holland was "ok" but you want to pull up a 22-year-old kid because he didn't turn out a 10/10 performance.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah continuously re-signing plodders like Holland was "ok" but you want to pull up a 22-year-old kid because he didn't turn out a 10/10 performance.
So when he turns in a 10/10 performance we'll bag the club out and go full negative on them. But when he plays poorly it's crickets no one says the club made the correct decision.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Long time kennel member.
Everyone reckon what he did against us was Jarryd Hayne 2009 magic, truth is he was either out through holes or we were on the hop.
Good game but nothing Holland etc wouldn't have done with the same space.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is there anyone not guilty of it though :grinning:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's some elusiveness in his attack. I just can't see him as a consistent weapon. He' doesn't possess a very solid frame that most good centres possess. Anyway I think we did way better with Cotric so we worry about him and let manly worry about Harper.