Opinion Where do we play Cotric next year?

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric will obviously be in the side next year, pisses me off all these predicted teams putting Katoa in when he wont be. I like Cotric but where does he play? Wing or Centre? Id prefer him on a wing but then we have the issue of, we are playing 600k for a winger. It ll either be Schoup centre and Cotric wing or Cotric Centre, Okunbor wing. Id prefer the first one with Schoup but can we really justify paying 600k for a bloke we paid that much to play centre?
Mate don’t forget alamoti is top 30 next year but him and schnoup will contend for the position I reckon

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would be playing naden wing and Cotric Centre. Nadens defence in Centre is not the best, and if Cotric can develop into a good centre he will be a game breaker.
Cotric as a centre has been tried and failed, failed dismally in fact. To say if he can develop as a good centre is a wishful thought not based on reality.
I only wish the visionaries of potential positional change would use their noodle and not a pie in the sky

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it negative? Dufty and JAC aren't getting our sets rolling and a sideways running Cotric sure as shit isn't helping.
Come on… JAC is probably the best winger in the world at the moment. Would you rather we signed a bullocking winger like Jordan Pereira over JAC?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I mean, can you say for certain that he won't made adaptions or did you just forget your anti-depressants again today?
I'm sure he will make some, but it seems like a pretty major change and one that doesn't really make sense after he persisted with us playing a certain way this season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Come on… JAC is probably the best winger in the world at the moment. Would you rather we signed a bullocking winger like Jordan Pereira over JAC?
I'm not saying who I'd rather sign, just pointing out that there will be more pressure on Cotric to get our sets rolling next season with two undersized players in the back 3 alongside him. He needs to lift.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Once he learns to run straight, hit holes with his speed and size, step not crab and shuffle sideways using brute strength to beat defenders, then and only then will he be a centre. Till then, wing is his home!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is he worse than any other centres though?
he seems to be able to use strength to bust tackles.
so what makes more sense?
naden-Cotric or Cotric-Naden. I honestly dont know uleh. i suspect Cotric at centre is worth another go because im thinking if you never knew cotric played winger youd want him at centre.
Nash he showed one big deficiency at centre when he played there early in the season in all the games.........He can't pass the ball.....prety frustrating for the wing on his outside. In our case MEANEY.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be Cotric vs Allen vs Okunbor for the wing spot.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
JAC @ FB with Cotric and Naden* on the wings. I don't really want another winger at fullback and his playmaking ability is a total unknown but at least he he can cover ground at pace, defuse kicks and put his body on the line. Naden on the wing is interchangeable depending on who's available at centre.
Jac @ Fb is a def no from me.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric doesn't play direct so it's irrelevant. He's an out and out winger that bounces all over the shop and uses his upper body to push away from defenders. He isn't a centre and never will be imo, just doesn't have anywhere near enough to his game. Schoupp on the other hand can actually run a line and play direct, has better hands than Cotric and is better defender than him.
Wait what....something positive about one of our players...mods...I think Mutts account has been hacked!:tearsofjoy:

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC @ FB with Cotric and Naden* on the wings. I don't really want another winger at fullback and his playmaking ability is a total unknown but at least he he can cover ground at pace, defuse kicks and put his body on the line. Naden on the wing is interchangeable depending on who's available at centre.
what are you on about, Dufty is an actual fullback, Addo Carr is a winger, leave them there, their pace will be electric

Reactions: CMP

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the centres are pretty much determined. Naden and Schoup.
Schoup went very well in the few games he had in the FG and will be even better next season after a full pre-season.
JAC and Allen are cemented in on the wings.