When you block someone they shouldn't be able to see your posts

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Too many idiots/assholes/morons on this site & the Moderators are allowing it to become a cesspool.

Need to make it when you block someone that they can't see your posts either.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many idiots/assholes/morons on this site & the Moderators are allowing it to become a cesspool.

Need to make it when you block someone that they can't see your posts either.
We aren’t letting it happen. The block feature is flawed and we are aware.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
keep reporting issues and we will deal with it accordingly

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
keep reporting issues and we will deal with it accordingly
People shouldn't have to report anything. Either the block feature needs to be improved or the moderators need to actually read topics & act accordingly.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People shouldn't have to report anything. Either the block feature needs to be improved or the moderators need to actually read topics & act accordingly.
Thanks for the suggestion on how to improve the forum and how to moderate. There aren’t many active moderators on here. Therefore, we can’t be everywhere and read every single post that is being posted.

This is a free forum for everyone at the expense of the founders who pay to have this forum actively running. The staff are also volunteers, frankly a thankless job.

To fix the problem of block may even cost money to integrate or enable.

If we don’t see something and is an issue we will reply on people to report. This also avoid members calling mods over moderators. It’s a fine line.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you ignore or block someone it would only seem logical to not see anything they have posted including replies to their posts.
Websites need general maintenance, why do we have pages of indecipherable garbage?
Even when you block trolls they still impact your experience on TK.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gotta agree.

If you Block/Ignore you are avoiding a troublemaker and therefore saving time and inconvenience to Admin and Moderators on The Kennel in adjudicating any arguments or issues.

Therefore you should have the option of whether the nuisance poster you are Ignoring should have the ability to read your posts, same as with most other apps and media. They obviously shouldnt have the privilege of reading your posts or commenting which causes a lot of the problems on TK.

Would doubly save a lot of rubbish that goes on in here.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So which of the above whingers will put their money where their mouth is? TK is free and if specific functionality is wanted then it comes at a cost. That said it’s not a bad idea so if the hat gets passed around I’ll chuck in if it means blocking whingers :-).
It’s like the old bag always banging on telling people to block her if they don’t like her boring posts but the hypocrite never does the same herself hahaha

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People can block me all they want, I will still know, I am the most intelligent poster here. lol. Also if you block someone, do you see a link to click to see what the blocked poster has posted. haha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People can block me all they want, I will still know, I am the most intelligent poster here. lol. Also if you block someone, do you see a link to click to see what the blocked poster has posted. haha
You must have me blocked if you think you are the most intelligent poster here

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Two things:

1) we discussed this issue a while back. It's a problem with the Web software platform and we haven't found a way to fix it yet

2) everyone on this forum whines too much so I'm blocking all of you

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We
Two things:

1) we discussed this issue a while back. It's a problem with the Web software platform and we haven't found a way to fix it yet

2) everyone on this forum whines too much so I'm blocking all of you
It's certainly worth persuing Hacky.

Would save heaps of you mods' time and energy.

Someone mentioned paying for it. If it was a reasonable cost I'm sure a lot would be happy to throw in for the privilege of totally cutting off interactions with those who are nuisances.

I've encouraged a few to use the Block/Ignore feature. Its great but a lot have said they wont Block and Ignore bc the troublemaker just comments about their posts anyway and that the antagonist whinge about that poster ....but strangely still wants to read what they have to say and devour all that info.

Block and Ignore is a very handy feature of TK. Quite a few already use it and its getting more popular. If posters could stop the troublemakers from reading their posts, you'd have a lot more using the Ignore feature and it would enhance TK experience for those tired of the habitual pains in the ar$e :grinning:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I’m considering putting my hand up to help the mod team.
It’s a thankless job, but I’m up to it. I spend enough time reading it.
That said I don’t really think there is any real issue here.
A long winded rant about people not being able to read their own posts is a bit precious. Why would you care if someone like @Bulldogs09 who is out to cause drama can read your posts if they aren’t annoying you because you’ve blocked them?
You know you could just log out and you’d be able to read it anyway lol.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most people on the Kennel from my experience love trolls. I’ve used the ignored feature with great success.

It’s hilarious seeing the NPCs of the Kennel keep replying to trolls. They have no self discipline to ignore them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Most people on the Kennel from my experience love trolls. I’ve used the ignored feature with great success.

It’s hilarious seeing the NPCs of the Kennel keep replying to trolls. They have no self discipline to ignore them.
Lol yeah.
Literally a guy changed his name to kyke Flanagan and pretended to be him and ppl treat ut like he real even though they know he isn’t. Bizarre.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I’m considering putting my hand up to help the mod team.
It’s a thankless job, but I’m up to it. I spend enough time reading it.
I think that is a kick-ass idea. Hacky said that nobody can be banned unless all the mods agree. Presumably you wouldn't agree to ban yourself and so you would be bullet proof.

Do you believe in reincarnation? You might have been Napoleon in a previous life.