When Woods comes into the picture what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haven't been too seriously following the story until recently due to the lack of recruitment so I thought it was never gonna happen especially after that Andrew Fifita bullshit.

If Aron Woods comes to Canterbury, who goes?

If no one goes, which prop do we drop (IMMA FUCKING RAPPER). lmao

How will we not be over the salary cap.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nobody knows mate. Nobody!

Let's just chase any player for $1M a season just because it looks like we can!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I would say someone like Fualolo drops off the bench.

Only thing I can think is we didn't spend the money from Fifita fuck up.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like Raysie said we dont know exactly what everyone's on and how close we are to maxing the cap. We do however have Reynolds, Holland, Hopaote, Garvey, Elliot and Lichaa off contract.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods will play fullback, considering the money he is on and we are full at front row,

you heard it here first!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woods will be an asset, James Graham is near 33 years old and I'd rather we let him go a year early while he is still playing well and snag Woods then keep him and him not play to his potential and also miss out on his successor. Woods is a great buy if we have by all reports landed his signature. If only we can manage to lure Tedesco over too.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ask the idiot who is running the show, we have no clue, and im sure he thinks he knows but im positive he has no fkkn idea!

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Woods will be an asset, James Graham is near 33 years old and I'd rather we let him go a year early while he is still playing well and snag Woods then keep him and him not play to his potential and also miss out on his successor. Woods is a great buy if we have by all reports landed his signature. If only we can manage to lure Tedesco over too.
Ive never seen woods cover like jimmie does, nothing personal against woods, but he doesnt hold a candle to james!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive never seen woods cover like jimmie does, nothing personal against woods, but he doesnt hold a candle to james!
I agree but how long do you keep JG playing on ? He's 33 and playing front row... he can't keep playing like he does week in week out for too many more years. I love him but we need to find his successor and woods is a NSW and Australian prop...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just can't shake the feeling that Woods is already behind the black ball with the kennel. With no fault of his own really!!!

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree but how long do you keep JG playing on ? He's 33 and playing front row... he can't keep playing like he does week in week out for too many more years. I love him but we need to find his successor and woods is a NSW and Australian prop...
I don't mind the Woods signing if true but I feel James wants to keep playing and I believe he should be given the opportunity to finish his career as a Bulldog with at least 1 Premiership to his name.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graham is 31 mate. Keep in mind props tend to reach their peak in their late 20s, and i cant even recall graham having any major injuries!! I think he could easily play another 2-3 years!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graham is 31 mate. Keep in mind props tend to reach their peak in their late 20s, and i cant even recall graham having any major injuries!! I think he could easily play another 2-3 years!!
ok fair point I just did a fact check, Graham turns 32 this year and will still be too old. "Props reach their peak in their 20's" doesn't mean you keep them playing on in playing when they are 32-33 when you can pick up a Australian and NSW rep front row forward who is available to replace him.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He moves completely and there are a few others following im sure
1. Mbye (doubt it will happen, but it should)
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Reynolds (no more than 500k)
7. ?????
8. Woods
9. Lichaa (if cheap) or Woolford
10. Graham (i think he will stay)
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Klemmer

14. Kas
15. RFM
16. Fualalo
17. ?

Yehhh i dont see this team happening

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok fair point I just did a fact check, Graham turns 32 this year and will still be too old. "Props reach their peak in their 20's" doesn't mean you keep them playing on in playing when they are 32-33 when you can pick up a Australian and NSW rep front row forward who is available to replace him.
Players should be kept on ability not age. Cronk, Slater, Smith and Thurston are all in their 30's. Put it this way Woods is off contract, who is interested other than us. But if Graham is released wait and see the number of clubs that would be interested.

I thought Graham was done earlier this year but the way he has been playing with a real halfback has changed my mind.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing, Someone drops off the bench and Woods on the bench to start the season. Whoever is lacking swaps with him. Graham stays, Reynolds stays and we go shopping for a new winger, centre and FB when the twins and Graham leave in 2018.

Most likely see Lichaa and Hoppa and Eastwood moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.