Opinion When will Matt Burton leave the Bulldogs?

How long will Matt Burton be at the Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aside from his initial comments saying he'd not renig on his contract for us here while all the speculation raged that he'd stay with Penrith, he was pretty quiet. So I don't think he's driven by media attention. So hopefully he's got the drive to be here when things turn around. His silence thus far could just be because he wants to do his job rather than jump in front of a camera and talk things up. I tend to get annoyed with the ones who constantly talk while they're not doing a lot on field, so I'd rather not hear anything for the media to rehash in the short term. Let the club worry about it rather than waste energy on things we have no say in.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters halves are their wekness. Keary is good but injury prone and getting on....Walker is not as talented as Burton. If Roosters get Munster, a position will open up at Melbourne. I think he is an elite talent, even if he hasn't realised his potential. There will be options for him.
‘since when is burton more talented than Walker .

‘’Walker shits all over burton. He is a genuine 6/7 . He is a playmaker , sets up his outside men and has much more skill in basically ever facet of his game and will be even better when he bulks up as gets older .

burton has a great big boot and is a runner

walker has won countless games for the chooks and even from when they are behind and has put on great plays .

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we include an option
"How the fuck do I know?"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
‘since when is burton more talented than Walker .

‘’Walker shits all over burton. He is a genuine 6/7 . He is a playmaker , sets up his outside men and has much more skill in basically ever facet of his game and will be even better when he bulks up as gets older .

burton has a great big boot and is a runner

walker has won countless games for the chooks and even from when they are behind and has put on great plays .
Yeah…. He’s so good he’s had an all star backline playing like potatoes for a good chunk of the year. Put him in this bulldogs dude and he’d do a lot less than Burton. He’s nothing without Keary

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton will see out his contract with us until the end of '24. What happens after that is anyone's guess. We do have his former team mate in Kikau arriving next year plus Mahoney. Can't see any reason why he'd leave when he's getting paid $500K a season.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah…. He’s so good he’s had an all star backline playing like potatoes for a good chunk of the year. Put him in this bulldogs dude and he’d do a lot less than Burton. He’s nothing without Keary
funniest Thing ever .. Walker didn’t have Keary last year and roosters were down on troops .. the clowns with no skills in the halves at knights , tigers , warriors and other shit sides have all shown that they are playmakers and halves , even tho they are shit .. burton is so good you Keep blaming everyone else bar him .

face it he hasn’t shown he is a 5/8 yet and may do so next year but to say he has more skill than Walker is ludicrous

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy is class with a big future in the game.
However I am beyond worrying about which players stay or go.
Unfortunately our once great club is a destination where careers go to die.
I'm sure Burton has aspirations to play state-of-origin or for Australia and he may well decide to go to another club that allows him to further his career more quickly.
Just another warning shot that the clubs needs to get its shit together on the field as quickly as possible.