When we were Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nostalgia is a funny thing, our 2006 Bulldogs pack would easily put our current Bulldogs pack to shame. If I had to choose 1 word to describe players like Mark O'Mealy, Roy Asotasi, Willie Mason etc...etc... that word would be RUTHLESS :grinning: Today's Bulldogs forwards need to watch this video. The NRL was more exciting to watch back in those days. Today too many new rules and penalties has sissified this great game of ours.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nostalgia is a funny thing, our 2006 Bulldogs pack would easily put our current Bulldogs pack to shame. If I had to choose 1 word to describe players like Mark O'Mealy, Roy Asotasi, Willie Mason etc...etc... that word would be RUTHLESS :grinning: Today's Bulldogs forwards need to watch this video. The NRL was more exciting to watch back in those days. Today too many new rules and penalties has sissified this great sport.

When you showed me this video earlier, it was the best thing I have ever seen. I wish our current players would be as ruthless as these blokes. I just watched a video of Sam Thaiday talking to Beau Ryan on the NRL footy show, a clip on youtube. He was describing his debut game vs the dogs. His words were "First run I did, I ran straight towards Mark O'Mealy, that was a dumb decision. Absolutely axed me. My second run, straight again at Mark O'Mealy, got axed again. Ended up injured. I got filthy about it but he made me more hungry."

Understanding what they were like and Thaiday describing one of our forwards like that is the true meaning of Dogs of War.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you showed me this video earlier, it was the best thing I have ever seen. I wish our current players would be as ruthless as these blokes. I just watched a video of Sam Thaiday talking to Beau Ryan on the NRL footy show, a clip on youtube. He was describing his debut game vs the dogs. His words were "First run I did, I ran straight towards Mark O'Mealy, that was a dumb decision. Absolutely axed me. My second run, straight again at Mark O'Mealy, got axed again. Ended up injured. I got filthy about it but he made me more hungry."

Understanding what they were like and Thaiday describing one of our forwards like that is the true meaning of Dogs of War.
Great post mate, thumbs up. :grinning: Just watched the clip you mentioned. It bought a smile to my lips.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont have the cattle , not upfront, not in the spine and not out back... Pay is being given the chance to build his squad..

If the coach & club make great decisions re recruitment & who to pick and stick with we can start to fire in 2020 if not who knows how long it will take for us to get back up..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
O'meley only knew one way...every run hard, straight n fast!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We dont have the cattle , not upfront, not in the spine and not out back... Pay is being the chance to build his squad..

If the club make great decisions re recruitment/personnel we can be firing by 2020 if not who knows how long it will take for us to get back up..
Next year is ok, 2020 is the scary season regarding our cap and the most challenging. Pay or no Pay, I feel sorry for our next coach in 2020 if Pay doesn’t get re-signed. Our next coach is going to cop a hammering on the kennel by the coaching critics on here. 2020 is the year where the back ended contracts reach their highest.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The ogre was a hard man.. loved watching him play!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We got to stop living in the past fellas and accept the reality of the present

Embrace the madness

End quote

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking o'meley was the most physically destructive prop iv ever seen

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh another thread pointing out we arent going great this year (as expected). Anyone not getting it yet i wonder. Better make another 20 threads about it, i think some are still thinking we will win the comp this year.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh another thread pointing out we arent going great this year (as expected). Anyone not getting it yet i wonder. Better make another 20 threads about it, i think some are still thinking we will win the comp this year.
Dognacious don’t take life so seriously, it isn’t permanent. Besides talk is cheap because supply always exceeds demand.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're not gonna win the comp this year???:fearful::fearscream::fearscream:
images (2).jpeg
But but but there's still 6 rounds to go, miracles can happen people :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

On a serious note, at least we should get a win next week, it's the Eels after all

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Omealy leads the way in that pack and to a man the whole team rips in that’s the difference the shot from Hughes is my favourite

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're not gonna win the comp this year???:fearful::fearscream::fearscream:
View attachment 6560
But but but there's still 6 rounds to go, miracles can happen people :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

On a serious note, at least we should get a win next week, it's the Eels after all
We can still do it.
If one of 6-8 lose all of their games and 9-13 don’t win too many more, and we win all of ours, we might get in on F/A.
Lol.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our forwards apart from lichha aint our problem its our backline

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Fucking o'meley was the most physically destructive prop iv ever seen
this has been scientifically tested tbh, like take the example of josh miller

that is a good hit, lets take a look at another

hmm this miller guy is pretty tough, now lets see him do the same move on o meley

conclusion, o meley was a beast ffs

even if miller gets his best shot in he is down

Status
Not open for further replies.