When reading posts

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you want read concise info, or as some here post long boring shit, that the poster thinks make them seem knowledgeable.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you want read concise info, or as some here post long boring shit, that the poster thinks make them seem knowledgeable.
Yep get to the point. Some posters post novels and try to bamboozle people smarter than them. If only they knew no one has time to read all that shit. Well some do but the rest of us have a life and career

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a short attention span. So for me, just get to the point or else I will probably glaze over it. A personal peeve of mine - any posts that is in ALL CAPITALS, I will never read.
COME ON MATE THE BUTTON IS STUCK

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to read opinions of Kennelers, as some are way more informed than myself. The grammar and spelling can annoy me, but that seems to be a problem everywhere these days.

What I don't like is the foul language - if you have to swear, then you have limited skills in communication, and should get an education.

I also object to the childish trading of insults that have no bearing on the topic. Those clowns think that they are winning some great debate, but all they are doing is showing us how puerile and dumb they are.

I like to think that The Kennel is a forum where people who are not Bulldog fans can visit and read informative comments.
I don't want them to go away thinking that the stereotype of the typical "bogan Dogs fan" is real and thriving.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep get to the point. Some posters post novels and try to bamboozle people smarter than them. If only they knew no one has time to read all that shit. Well some do but the rest of us have a life and career
Captain Jackson is the worst for that.
It’s funny how some people post a lot of words.
It’s like some people think to themselves? “if I post more words than the group who disagrees with me then my cause will seem more just”.

but it doesn’t work that way.
I try not to post more than 3 paragraphs in a post.
I’d rather double post than post a useless essay which I know will just make your head spin and you won’t read it all anyway!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy to read opinions of Kennelers, as some are way more informed than myself. The grammar and spelling can annoy me, but that seems to be a problem everywhere these days.

What I don't like is the foul language - if you have to swear, then you have limited skills in communication, and should get an education.

I also object to the childish trading of insults that have no bearing on the topic. Those clowns think that they are winning some great debate, but all they are doing is showing us how puerile and dumb they are.

I like to think that The Kennel is a forum where people who are not Bulldog fans can visit and read informative comments.
I don't want them to go away thinking that the stereotype of the typical "bogan Dogs fan" is real and thriving.
I know my grammar isn’t perfect.
I started reading 1984 a while back.
I’ve noticed my posts have become a bit more like the way George Orwell wrote his books.

I wish I were around in the 1930’s and 1940’s.
I love the way people spoke English back then!

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm probably a bit guilty of posting the occasional essay. I don't mind long posts as long as there's a point to them. If those posts are predominantly raves about statistics or worse, guesstimating about player salaries and how much we have to pay to lure certain players I absolutely hate them. One of the posters here that I blocked was because they spoke too frequently and assumed they knew approximately what players were getting paid.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm probably a bit guilty of posting the occasional essay. I don't mind long posts as long as there's a point to them. If those posts are predominantly raves about statistics or worse, guesstimating about player salaries and how much we have to pay to lure certain players I absolutely hate them. One of the posters here that I blocked was because they spoke too frequently and assumed they knew approximately what players were getting paid.
I’m like you.
If it’s a long post but stays on topic and interests me I’ll read it.

something is happening to humanity?
We are devolving and our attention spans aren’t as good anymore.
It all has something to do with technology.

we live in a world of convenience and most people expect instant gratification!
Going to be interesting to see how society goes in the coming years?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Captain Jackson is the worst for that.
It’s funny how some people post a lot of words.
It’s like some people think to themselves? “if I post more words than the group who disagrees with me then my cause will seem more just”.

but it doesn’t work that way.
I try not to post more than 3 paragraphs in a post.
I’d rather double post than post a useless essay which I know will just make your head spin and you won’t read it all anyway!
There’s a few. I haven’t seen him for ages? We had just learnt to tolerate each other too haha. Hope he’s ok. It’s a skill to make a concise argument or statement. I’d actually like to see a character limit on posts haha

Intelligent common sense people can adapt to any situation. Book smart people can’t change and bore people to tears. For example I can present for hours to thousands of people all of us with post-grad education at a minimum but if I drop a few swear words at the bar or abuse a few trolls on the kennel does that make me dumb?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s a few. I haven’t seen him for ages? We had just learnt to tolerate each other too haha. Hope he’s ok. It’s a skill to make a concise argument or statement. I’d actually like to see a character limit on posts haha

Intelligent common sense people can adapt to any situation. Book smart people can’t change and bore people to tears. For example I can present for hours to thousands of people all of us with post-grad education at a minimum but if I drop a few swear words at the bar or abuse a few trolls on the kennel does that make me dumb?
that’s the worst when people judge your intelligence because you use profanity.
I disagree with that baby boomer logic!
There used to be a girl who posted here years ago.
A uni student at the time.

a sure way to let people know you’ve lost the debate is replying with
“Well I go to uni, I’m educated “.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
that’s the worst when people judge your intelligence because you use profanity.
I disagree with that baby boomer logic!
There used to be a girl who posted here years ago.
A uni student at the time.

a sure way to let people know you’ve lost the debate is replying with
“Well I go to uni, I’m educated “.
Some of the most intelligent people I know like professors, surgeons, KCs etc are very down to earth, don’t feel the need to remind people how intelligent they are. They also swear and stir each other up

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the most intelligent people I know like professors, surgeons, KCs etc are very down to earth, don’t feel the need to remind people how intelligent they are. They also swear and stir each other up
Donald Trump won over so many voters by talking like a comman man and occasionally using obscenities.
People call him a dumb white racist but that attitude won him the White House.
Btw how ironic that non white people are quick to bring race into the equation but aren’t racist?

these closet racist lunatics have shot themselves in the foot as far as I’m concerned!
On the topic of race, as Chopper Read once said “it ain’t racist if ya tellin da truth”.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not bad but he has hair.
I don’t understand why some men are insecure about not having hair?
I usually see a short stumpy bald prick who is dating a glamour!

most women secretly want to date their dads anyway.
So if her dad is bald then you’re in luck! Lol