When are Sydney water going to call off the hounds?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are Sydney water going to call off the hounds. With all this rain the dam has to be filling up, so when do they come in tail between legs and call off the hounds?

Surely they won't come with that bullshit excuse that it rained everywhere except the dam?

Call off the hounds Sydney water, I'm washing my car with a hose and having a 20 min shower

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Put your car out in the rain. Now it's washed.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The water restrictions are over

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water restrictions are still in place according to Sydney water website

It's saying on the website the water levels only moved 0.9% during last week of rain. What bullshit is that.

Now they are being dodgy with their data to fool people that they need to maintain the water restrictions.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You know that rain actually contributes to a car being dirty right? You need soap, a rinse, plus a proper drying method to clean a car.

One thing is for sure... all this rain washes away the horrid brown dust that’s been stuck to car since the dust storm last year.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the rain would also wash away my wax on the car so I need to rewash and reapply wax for that perfect look as well as UV protection for the paint

Wahesh

Reaction score
But the rain would also wash away my wax on the car so I need to rewash and reapply wax for that perfect look as well as UV protection for the paint
Don’t you need to reapply wax if you wash your car anyway?

Speaking of, what’s your ride anyway?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here in NZ we can’t use sprinklers lol, went from a level 2 restriction to that.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It's saying on the website the water levels only moved 0.9% during last week of rain. What bullshit is that.

Now they are being dodgy with their data to fool people that they need to maintain the water restrictions.
Our dams are pretty big. It takes a fair bit of rain to make a significant difference.
The levels will continue to rise for a couple of days after this rain due to runoff, but the good thing is the soaking rains will ensure that future rain will make it to the catchment instead of soaking into the ground.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Our dams are pretty big. It takes a fair bit of rain to make a significant difference.
The levels will continue to rise for a couple of days after this rain due to runoff, but the good thing is the soaking rains will ensure that future rain will make it to the catchment instead of soaking into the ground.
The dam was built out that way to catch water from the snow from the snowy mountains once it melts. Pretty strategic and smart thinking lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Water levels still pretty low. Water restrictions apply from 55% capacity. We're well below that, but at least we've made some progress.

upload_2020-2-9_12-38-42.png

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Water levels still pretty low. Water restrictions apply from 55% capacity. We're well below that, but at least we've made some progress.

View attachment 13054
They still predicting it to rise to 60%, possibly 70?

Shit we need some rain out west, we were meant to get at-least 60 mm over the last few days
I think we’ve copped 10 mm at a stretch

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its not raining that much in the catchment area I was out there yesterday it started yesterday arvo but was very light not like here

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
They still predicting it to rise to 60%, possibly 70?

Shit we need some rain out west, we were meant to get at-least 60 mm over the last few days
I think we’ve copped 10 mm at a stretch
Yeah I hear ya, we have received bugger all to make a difference so far. One of our local dams has completely dried up to nothing. Never have I seen it like that, I've seen it low but never completely empty.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It rains a lot around prospect reservoir which helps.
The reservoir is meant to hold 5 years worth of water supply for 5 years at maximum capacity.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not raining that much in the catchment area I was out there yesterday it started yesterday arvo but was very light not like here
Today’s radar showed huge amounts over the catchment. But that’s today.

Hoping more fall over the week, especially now the grounds are wet.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It rains a lot around prospect reservoir which helps.
The reservoir is meant to hold 5 years worth of water supply for 5 years at maximum capacity.
Plus the Desal plant, around 15% of the drinking water. It shuts off when Dam levels are 70%. I know there are experts on this that say that’s enough but would love to know why. Should be based on weather patterns coming up. If you know there will be a dry year and we at say 70%, maybe keep it on?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm tempted to feel concerned that some people are struggling to appreciate the difference between rain fall and dam level. Water restrictions are ajudged purely based on dam level. You can get 4 metres of rain at your place and if it doesn't effect the dam level it doesn't effect water restrictions.

But then I think, no one can be that thick, they are just having a laugh.