Wheel Chair Rugby League

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The French are insanely good. Didnt play their best team against USA but belted them. Worth watching the USA try though, it is a pretty good one and they celebrate like they just won.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
The French team are unbelievable. Constantly changing angles and shrugging off tags. And they are fit as. Amazing cardio.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aussie playing France
now 27 mins gone
France 34
Aussie 10

France number 10 has scored 5 trys in 27 minutes

As others have said France are looking strong currently sit ranked number 1 In the world for wheelchair rugby league

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Had a watch..boy some can motor..and manoeuvre..very impressive.. IMHO much better game than Wheelchair Rugby..Boy life sure goes on when you have your hands, arms, and trunk stability.. opens up so much things you can still do..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had a watch..boy some can motor..and manoeuvre..very impressive.. IMHO much better game than Wheelchair Rugby..Boy life sure goes on when you have your hands, arms, and trunk stability.. opens up so much things you can still do..
Do you reckon that the better suitablity of RL (with distinct "tackles" and sets, etc) for wheelchair sports over RU (like, how do ruck and maul in a wheelchair?) is the reason countries like USA, Spain, Ireland have teams in the WC, even though they aren't known for RL generally, and France is the strongest team?

I heard in the comms for the France v USA match that the female member of the USA Wheelchair RL team travels over 3 hours to get to training. She obviously decided this is her thing, that is huge commitment.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you reckon that the better suitablity of RL (with distinct "tackles" and sets, etc) for wheelchair sports over RU (like, how do ruck and maul in a wheelchair?) is the reason countries like USA, Spain, Ireland have teams in the WC, even though they aren't known for RL generally, and France is the strongest team?

I heard in the comms for the France v USA match that the female member of the USA Wheelchair RL team travels over 3 hours to get to training. She obviously decided this is her thing, that is huge commitment.
Absolutely..rugby league..like you say is better structured..people attached with chairs is pretty cumbersome, so separating them, rather than bash and barge at each other is so much better .. I think the tags on the shoulders is such a great idea.. gives players a chance to evade and show great skill.. It’s amazing how they twist their bodies to protect their tags while manoeuvring their chairs..

Above all what I like is they have to be good..they need the skill and fitness..and can develop it..like wheelchair tennis..you earn your place..it’s not just because you’re in a wheelchair..

Wish I could play it..

ps.. wanna hear something funny… I had my accident while playing rugby union… I’ll never forget when I first came to the rehabilitation centre after being in hospital.. It was the first morning there, and as I was coming out for breakfast, guess where they put me next too..a poster of wheelchair rugby.. I just shook my head.. Oh the irony..lol!

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ps.. wanna hear something funny… I had my accident while playing rugby union… I’ll never forget when I first came to the rehabilitation centre after being in hospital.. It was the first morning there, and as I was coming out for breakfast, guess where they put me next too..a poster of wheelchair rugby.. I just shook my head.. Oh the irony..lol!
:| :hushed: :astonished: