Opinion What's your opinion on our recruitment so far for 2022 ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not at fukin 900k
If that's what it takes we have to do it unfortunately. Try and front load the first year (like the Titans did with Fifita).

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is my opinion on recruitment, I think it's realistic and the best we can do right now?

1. Allan/JAC
2. Cotric
3. Averillo
4. Naden/Schoupp/Alamoti
5. JAC/Okunbor/Naden
6. SJ
7. Burton
8. Taupau
9. Smith(please fucking come)/Watson?/????

10. Thompson
11. Cartwright
12. Garner/Blore (Tigers @ gun point, swap for DWZ)

13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. RFM
16. Ava
17. Hetherington (unfortunately)

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Like and reply.
^^ Agree, we’d have to be reasonably happy with this outcome.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats your opinion on recruitment so far for 2022?
How can I have one when I dont know the facts.
NRL360, commentators, the telegraph etc are not a source for facts.
Dont work for the club so dont know who we have targeted, who we have missed out on, who we will be moving on at years end etc.
I can only assume there was a plan from the outset and at a guess recruitment and bringing through juniors along the will take alot longer than 6 months.
The only facts we have are signings announced by the Club.
Therefore way to early to know what 2022 will look like.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats your opinion on recruitment so far for 2022?
How can I have one when I dont know the facts.
NRL360, commentators, the telegraph etc are not a source for facts.
Dont work for the club so dont know who we have targeted, who we have missed out on, who we will be moving on at years end etc.
I can only assume there was a plan from the outset and at a guess recruitment and bringing through juniors along the will take alot longer than 6 months.
The only facts we have are signings announced by the Club.
Therefore way to early to know what 2022 will look like.
Look at the players who WERE available for 2022 and now look at the players who are now available. Not much quality left. I would have expected the club to have a plan well before now, not wait around in case a player under contract becomes available or NOT. You can't depend on other clubs releasing a player early just like we've seen with the Panthers. Aren't you even a bit disappointed we couldn't sign a young prospect like Piakura when the Broncos can also afford to buy Adam Reynolds, and more and upgrade Staggs ? If we're going to shed the majority of the 15 off contract where are the replacements ? Are we waiting for bargain buys again (after all the best have been re-signed) I know people keep saying be patient but that's the line we've been hearing for so many years going back to Dib and Co. I wish I could tell my boss to be patient when I eventually fall to last in making sales for the company.

Remember we were originally told 2021 was the year for hope (and now we're last in the comp), then it seemed 2022 now it's looking more like 2023. I hope next year it doesn't extend again to become 2024. I'm sick of people running our club making wrong decisions and making excuses frankly and each time we have to wait longer and longer because we keep buying duds (like Flanagan who we're already looking to move on LOL). Where is our great hooker, prop and rockstar fullback we've been literally waiting YEARS for ? I wish I could be like some on here who are very confident we're on the right track. Based on recent history and the fact we're now last in the comp I can't be so confident unfortunately.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look at the players who WERE available for 2022 and now look at the players who are now available. Not much quality left. I would have expected the club to have a plan well before now, not wait around in case a player under contract becomes available or NOT. You can't depend on other clubs releasing a player early just like we've seen with the Panthers. Aren't you even a bit disappointed we couldn't sign a young prospect like Piakura when the Broncos can also afford to buy Adam Reynolds, and more and upgrade Staggs ? If we're going to shed the majority of the 15 off contract where are the replacements ? Are we waiting for bargain buys again (after all the best have been re-signed) I know people keep saying be patient but that's the line we've been hearing for so many years going back to Dib and Co. I wish I could tell my boss to be patient when I eventually fall to last in making sales for the company.

Remember we were originally told 2021 was the year for hope (and now we're last in the comp), then it seemed 2022 now it's looking more like 2023. I hope next year it doesn't extend again to become 2024. I'm sick of people running our club making wrong decisions and making excuses frankly and each time we have to wait longer and longer because we keep buying duds (like Flanagan who we're already looking to move on LOL). Where is our great hooker, prop and rockstar fullback we've been literally waiting YEARS for ? I wish I could be like some on here who are very confident we're on the right track. Based on recent history and the fact we're now last in the comp I can't be so confident unfortunately.
Trent said from the very outset that recruitment wise they had a plan, that they werent going to squander signings.
Addo signing wasnt told to us immediately, the Club isnt going to make public its business.
We are linked to every man and his dog that could be a potential signing just because we have cap space and 15 players off contract yet we dont know the clubs plans.
I too am concerned about signings going off previous years and the fact that Flanno was spruked as something he isnt or hasnt turned out to be.
My point was I have no idea what the plan is. I may have some indication round 1 next year.
Its hard to have faith/hope/ confidence going off previous experience but Im not going to dump shit on the club about something I have no idea about.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton, Naden and JAC is A+
No Dummy half and no big boppers is Z-

We need those other key positions signed up or 2022 will be NO different to 2021!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent said from the very outset that recruitment wise they had a plan, that they weren't going to squander signings.
Addo signing wasn't told to us immediately, the Club isn't going to make public its business.
We are linked to every man and his dog that could be a potential signing just because we have cap space and 15 players off contract yet we don't know the clubs plans.
I too am concerned about signings going off previous years and the fact that Flanno was spruiked as something he isn't or hasn't turned out to be.
My point was I have no idea what the plan is. I may have some indication round 1 next year.
Its hard to have faith/hope/ confidence going off previous experience but I'm not going to dump shit on the club about something I have no idea about.
The lack of communication from the club is a problem. It'd be nice to know a little bit of their plan. They don't have to name names but...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lack of communication from the club is a problem. It'd be nice to know a little bit of their plan. They don't have to name names but...
Would be nice to know if they even have a plan. Looks like they're making it up on the run

Last edited: