Opinion What's your opinion on our recruitment so far for 2022 ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is my opinion on recruitment, I think it's realistic and the best we can do right now?

1. Allan/JAC
2. Cotric
3. Averillo
4. Naden/Schoupp/Alamoti
5. JAC/Okunbor/Naden
6. SJ
7. Burton
8. Taupau
9. Smith(please fucking come)/Watson?/????
10. Thompson
11. Cartwright
12. Garner/Blore (Tigers @ gun point, swap for DWZ)
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. RFM
16. Ava
17. Hetherington (unfortunately)

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Like and reply.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds was available and so was B.Smith apparently. Luai only just re-signed a few months ago and so did Tedesco. That's what shits me, the Panthers made the GF are paying most of their spine big money and they can still afford good money for centres (Crichton 800KI) and props (Fisher-Harris) yet we're coming last and we don't seem to have the money to offer considerably more to sign great players when they do become available - or even possibly future stars like Paikura. How does that work ?. Is has to be something to do with us paying overs to multiple well below average players surely.
The scary part is who are we paying these overs too and how long is this gonna last like I said before and I’ll say it again I think our cap is in more of a mess then they are letting on

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or is it just we can’t attract top players anymore to our club WBennett doesn’t have a job next year why don’t we offer him a Gus type of role so at least he can get us out of this mess cause the lot we have atm seems to me have no idea

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is my opinion on recruitment, I think it's realistic and the best we can do right now?

1. Allan/JAC
2. Cotric
3. Averillo
4. Naden/Schoupp/Alamoti
5. JAC/Okunbor/Naden
6. SJ
7. Burton
8. Taupau
10. Thompson
11. Cartwright
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. RFM
16. Ava

Like and reply.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of the people saying Smith isn't a hooker?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of the people saying Smith isn't a hooker?
Those people have their eyes painted on (doubt BM said that tho)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scary part is who are we paying these overs too and how long is this gonna last like I said before and I’ll say it again I think our cap is in more of a mess then they are letting on
Yes I agree it's likely in more trouble than what they are letting on. I hope we're not paying Thompson even more than 750K a season but it wouldn't surprise me. He should be on no more than 500K. Jacko on 700K. Elliott on 480K. Hopa could be on anything. Even players like Lewis 350K maybe more ? How much are we paying Waddell and Allan ? Allan is probably on 400K at least. He was asking for 500K from memory. 880K for DWZ wouldn't surprise me at all. Dib and Co made stupid decisions but so did Lynne Anderson and so has our current team to a lesser degree (Waddell, Elliott, Flanagan, Allan are all a waste of good money)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No, I just wasn't totally comfortable with us throwing a fortune at him based on his earlier stint @ hooker this season. His most recent stint has been a massive improvement on his previous one though, still has some issues but they look like they can be worked on with him moving to the role fulltime.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, I just wasn't totally comfortable with us throwing a fortune at him based on his earlier stint @ hooker this season. His most recent stint has been a massive improvement on his previous one though, still has some issues but they look like they can be worked on with him moving to the role fulltime.
Fair call. With a full off season at hooker I think he's easily top 5 hooker in the NRL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fair call. With a full off season at hooker I think he's easily top 5 hooker in the NRL
I think he's already the best hooker after Grant, Cook and Koroisau.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score

1. Allan/JAC
2. Cotric
3. Averillo
4. Naden/Schoupp/Alamoti
5. JAC/Okunbor/Naden
6. SJ
7. Burton
8. Taupau

10. Thompson
11. Cartwright

13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. RFM
16. Ava

Like and reply.
I like the idea of Garner for DWZ.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh but play style, minus the trying to break his cousins ankle part and all that lol
He bought a car from my work a couple years ago and he sat in his other car outside the whole time while his Mrs did all the work because he didn't want people talking to him. Mate you're not that famous

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like the idea of Garner for DWZ.
He's a handy player and Tigers will have him, Blore and Luciano pushing for those two starting spots next season. Probably a long shot but if we push something might give? I'd rather him than some reject like Mikaele that barely makes their side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He bought a car from my work a couple years ago and he sat in his other car outside the whole time while his Mrs did all the work because he didn't want people talking to him. Mate you're not that famous
Haha. Hopefully you didn't give them your best price :tearsofjoy:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our recruitment now is tarnished by what's happened over the last 6 years.

Had we have had good recruitment in years gone by everyone would be giving the club an A+ for recruitment.

Problem is even with the good recruitment for 22 we still have a bog average roster- and that's not Barrett's fault.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or is it just we can’t attract top players anymore to our club WBennett doesn’t have a job next year why don’t we offer him a Gus type of role so at least he can get us out of this mess cause the lot we have atm seems to me have no idea
We definitely need an influential figure like Bennett in the football general manager position who could double up as a coaching mentor, I will whisper a word or two in someone's ear :grinning:

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
We definitely need an influential figure like Bennett in the football general manager position who could double up as a coaching mentor, I will whisper a word or two in someone's ear :grinning:
What was Bellamy applying for at the sharks haha