What's your favorite Asian food?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Singapore has some of the best, cheapest variations of Asian cuisine, it's absolutely amazing (that I've only gained a few kgs in 2.5 year).
Attending a Michelin street food fare over Easter (fEaster *grin*)
~c.
Singaporean noodles = :p
I feel like some right now @Lov_Dog and it 7:48AM here in Sydney lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like Kurosawa I make mad films. 'k, I don't make films, but if I did they'd have a Samurai
Damn in, I got the hard bit...

ok,

Gonna get a set of better clubs
Gonna find the kind with tiny nubs
Just so my irons aren't always flying off the back swing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn in, I got the hard bit...

ok,

Gonna get a set of better clubs
Gonna find the kind with tiny nubs
Just so my irons aren't always flying off the back swing
Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon 'cause that cartoon has got the Boom anime babes that make me think the wrong thing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe , I never realised the lyrics to One Week were so creepy. Did you realise this?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/t...k-terrifying-s?utm_term=.xaRzg55BR#.gq5Nk22wy
That's awesome.

I remember the first time I listened to the lyrics of Every Breath You Take by The Police and I thought to myself, "This is one sinister song"

It always made me laugh that people would celebrate it like it's a love song or something but it's really bloody twisted. A fair few years later I watched an interview with Sting where he said the same thing. He said, "The thing I always find very strange is that people treat that song like a love song. Couples actually sing it to each other. It's a song about a guy stalking a woman and threatening to kill her"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another song with fairly sinister lyrics, Inner Circle's Sweat:

"Girl I'm gonna make you sweat. Sweat 'til you can't sweat no more. And if you cry, I'm gonna push it some more"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's awesome.

I remember the first time I listened to the lyrics of Every Breath You Take by The Police and I thought to myself, "This is one sinister song"

It always made me laugh that people would celebrate it like it's a love song or something but it's really bloody twisted. A fair few years later I watched an interview with Sting where he said the same thing. He said, "The thing I always find very strange is that people treat that song like a love song. Couples actually sing it to each other. It's a song about a guy stalking a woman and threatening to kill her"
People dance to White Wedding at their wedding, and its about as anti-wedding as it gets.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there is song lyrics thread somewhere where we should be discussing this instead, and not hijack Wahesh's Asian food thread.

I realised recently from listening to Lightening Crashes, that its not about a woman dying in childbirth, which i always though it was.

On the Asian food front, Thai food is the best in Asia, for its sheer variety. It's food has so much outside influence, depending on the region, and that's a good thing.

Worst in Asia? The Philippines. Their food is dead set shit.

I think Vietnamese will continue its rise, as its the freshest/healthiest food in Asia in my view.

Japanese has grown on me over the years. I always thought Ramen was ordinary, but when I first ate from Hakataya in Brisbane I changed my mind.

The dark horse is Indonesian. I think it will only grow in Australia. There are some good really places around Kingsford, but it will become more mainstream in the future I think.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That's awesome.

How on Earth does an Asian food thread turned into a rhyme-off?

Fe-fi-fo-fum, I think I smell the scent of a placenta
I enter Central Park, it’s dark, it’s Winter in December
I see my target, put my car in park and approach a tender
Young girl by the name of Brenda and I pretend to befriend her
Sit down beside her like a spider, hi there girl, you mighta
Heard of me before, see whore, you’re the kind of girl that I’d assault
And rape then figure why not try not to make your pussy wider?
Fuck you with an umbrella, then open it up while the shit’s inside ya

A

Alexander the Great

Which dish? I know you like them all but there must be a favorite?
I think my ultimate fav would have to be the Japanese Katsu.

we ate this recently in japan and i must say it was better than sex..

2nd *Choice is Karage chicken.. could eat that shit every day no problem..

3rd* the cheeky Ramen. There is a place in the city that drop a pork knuckle in the ramen soup.. Fucking delicious.
IMG_20171113_105305_196.jpg

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Singaporean noodles = :p
I feel like some right now @Lov_Dog and it 7:48AM here in Sydney lol.
Recent trip back to AUS, final night dinner before heading home to Singapore, I order Singaporean noodles ... so damn good @Wahesh, you're riiiiight!

~c.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pho aka beef noodle soup

and i love eating Lebanese Raw Kibbe its fuking the bomb