What's your favorite Asian food?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My goodness there's too many to name, but what would you pick?
  1. Sushi/Sashimi mix. Without doubt. There was one restaurant that I used to go to that made these using fish they bought fresh daily from the fish markets. They'd also serve chicken and rice in the mix, but the Sushi and Sashimi alone won me over.
  2. Stir Fry. There are plenty of varieties of Stir Fry available, but I LOVE ones that contain all the continental veggies (baby corn, bok choy, carrots, snow peas) as well as beef. Having it served while the beef strips are still sizzling is an added bonus.
  3. Pad Thai with duck. Another one of my favorites. This is a dish that can be really filling if served with either noodles or on a bed of rice. The dish can be served with prawns to add that little taste of the sea with it, and the duck adds for a more more tender meat.
  4. Dumplings. There are 2 things with dumplings. They tend to fall apart if they are cooked too long or if the dough it too thin. Also, it's hard to find a restaurant that makes their own dumpling pastry. As it's a long and drawn out process, many joints tend to buy the pastry pre-created, and just have the filling and cooking all done in-house instead.
  5. Malaysian Satay. By this, I mean the actual dish to prepare with rice, not kebab sticks. This is the best way to prepare an Asian style of chicken in my humble opinion. You'll be still be hungry after finishing the chicken, but the rice and veggies remaining will do the trick.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
*enter sexually derogatory joke about hot Asian women here*

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chickity China the Chinese Chicken

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Laksa. Has the best of everything!

My GF is Singaporean, her mum makes the best damn Laksa known to man.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laksa. Has the best of everything!

My GF is Singaporean, her mum makes the best damn Laksa known to man.
Singapore has some of the best, cheapest variations of Asian cuisine, it's absolutely amazing (that I've only gained a few kgs in 2.5 year).
Attending a Michelin street food fare over Easter (fEaster *grin*)
~c.