What's with people wearing cheap jewellry / watches? Help me understand

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's with people wearing cheap jewellry / watches? Help me understand?

Jewellry is about opulence, standing out and showing wealth and prestige.

But jewellry ranges in price from $5 -$5m or more. Materials used range and without a proper inspection, it's hard to decipher the real gold from the fool's Gold.

I went out shopping and every second person has a gold bracelet on or gold watch. But I'm certain most of em spend less than $50-75 on those bits of jewellry but trying to present as if they are a big show.

Everyone knows they are fake gold, people don't really Snicker at them as they are also wearing cheap jewellry.

For those that have an expensive watch or expensive jewellry, it now goes under the radar as so many pretenders out there. At a momentary glance, You don't know the real from the pretenders.

In a pub how can gold digger women see who is real from a wannabe? They gotta get close enough to see the Rolex as opposed to the fake from AliExpress

I'm thinking I should go into a shopping centre with a megaphone and screen people. Make em show me the jewellry and I'll announce the true value for everyone to know, see their faces get embarrassed.

Help me understand this jewellry phenomena

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your one of the offenders explain yourself

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only losers care about jewellery. So whether you're laughing at someone for wearing a fake chain or you're the one wearing one, either way you're a loser for caring.

HTH

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave my girlfriend a pearl necklace, somehow she didn't appreciate it. How ungrateful!!
See she thinks everyone has a pearl necklace. Because of all the cheap fakes. You didnt get the appropriate credit for genuine. It's sick isnt it

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's with people wearing cheap jewellry / watches? Help me understand?

Jewellry is about opulence, standing out and showing wealth and prestige.

But jewellry ranges in price from $5 -$5m or more. Materials used range and without a proper inspection, it's hard to decipher the real gold from the fool's Gold.

I went out shopping and every second person has a gold bracelet on or gold watch. But I'm certain most of em spend less than $50-75 on those bits of jewellry but trying to present as if they are a big show.

Everyone knows they are fake gold, people don't really Snicker at them as they are also wearing cheap jewellry.

For those that have an expensive watch or expensive jewellry, it now goes under the radar as so many pretenders out there. At a momentary glance, You don't know the real from the pretenders.

In a pub how can gold digger women see who is real from a wannabe? They gotta get close enough to see the Rolex as opposed to the fake from AliExpress

I'm thinking I should go into a shopping centre with a megaphone and screen people. Make em show me the jewellry and I'll announce the true value for everyone to know, see their faces get embarrassed.

Help me understand this jewellry phenomena
Why do you care what other people wear?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am beautiful without jewellery and have an ability to tell the time by both sun and star.
I have always wondered why ugly people feel the need to try to look not as ugly by adorning themselves with trinkets and timepieces.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Those who spend money on gold (real or fake) to attract the opposite sex are either insecure or are usually pretty fucking ugly ... lebs love that shit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wear a cereal box watch

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you care what other people wear?
Jewellry and watches show a status, but with all the fakes and fool's Gold out there, it becomes harder to sort the sheep from the goats

Know who to let in and who to reject

I was in Vegas a few years back and went to an exclusive pool party. A fat guy was in the line in front of me, they said to him it was $150USD to get it. The fat guy disappointed turned around with his big gut and left dejected. Then they charged me $20USD to get in. Why Because I looked like the pool party type. Life is about presenting the right picture, jewellry plays it's part

Last edited:

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a thin gold necklace or silver ring that's the most jewellery I would wear. I do wear a smart watch, oakley or ray ban sunglasses.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Jewellry and watches show a status, but with all the fakes and fool's Gold out there, it becomes harder to sort the sheep from the goats

Know who to let in and who to reject

I was in Vegas a few years back and went to an exclusive pool party. A fat guy was in the line in front of me, they said to him it was $150USD to get it. The fat guy disappointed turned around with his big gut and left dejected. Then they charged me $20USD to get in. Why Because I looked like the pool party type. Life is about presenting the right picture, jewellry plays it's part
I don't wear jewellery or a time piece.
Also they were right to discriminate through bogus and inflated prices!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure he is talking about a "man made" one
Well I only like to deal with genuine. I don't know much about fakes. If someone presents something that is not genuine, off with his head I say.

You don't call "man made" lookalikes pearls, you call em cheap resin gumballs. I did give him the benefit of being genuine, his girlfriend understandably fooled by all her friends wearing the fakes out there.

Last edited: