What's with Assyrians playing cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
everytime I stroll down smart street, every second shop is a cafe filled with all these old Iraqi guys hanging out playing cards.
What card game are they playing? Are they playing for money?
If so I'm quitting my job and I want in!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Its called Concan. Simmilar to gin rummy. Puts poker on show.

Basically have to get rid of all your cards first. You set the ante at whatever you want, 10 bucks to 10k or more. If you haven't shown your cards you have to pay double.

It was my source of income when I was 7 till now lol

How do you think I survive for the last 6 years of no steady income lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are meeting up one night with the Johnny Blue, Montecristo Cubans, Argheeleh and cards.

Then we go rape Fairfield lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We are meeting up one night with the Johnny Blue, Montecristo Cubans, Argheeleh and cards.

Then we go rape Fairfield lol
I need to learn this game and master it.
Shouldn't take me long to get an old Assyrian guy quivering his lips while trying to conceal it behind his moustache?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I need to learn this game and master it.
Shouldn't take me long to get an old Assyrian guy quivering his lips while trying to conceal it behind his moustache?
One 4 hour sess with me you will demolish bro. The older ***** always don't respect us younger ones until they throw their car keys, watches or mobiles on the table after they figured out you just took their centrelink pension lol

If their are any of them reading this, thank you for my first family holiday. Best 3 hours of work lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
For sure. One day we need to meet up at the Nineveh club and take them head on.
I won't be taking no backwards step.
Btw every time I go to Fairfield I'm always looking out for Mark Latham, as he loves picking on the south west Sydney enclave of Fairfiel,Cabramatta and Liverpool.

I should go check around Centrelink? Might find him there picking on some imports?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Sounds like Fish with money.

Also kind of reminds me of a game we played when we were young and drunk called "spoons". Each player starts with 7 cards and there is a spoon for each person in the middle minus one. So if you have 6 people then there's 5 spoons in the middle. The trick is to get 3 of a kind and 4 of a kind. For example, 3 Aces and 4 Kings. The first person draws from the deck then picks a card they don't want and puts it on the table to the left for the next person to pick up. They pick up that card then put down another card to their left for the next person. It starts off slow but gets faster and faster.

When a person gets 4 of a kind and 3 of a kind (full hand) then that person grabs a spoon from the middle. If you see someone grab a spoon or see that a spoon is missing then you grab a spoon from the middle too. The person who misses out on the spoon loses. It seems simple enough at first but when the game is going so fast and you're so focused on getting a full hand, you don't pay any attention to the spoons. We've had games where all the spoons are gone and we kept playing for another 15 minutes 'cause the last person didn't realise the spoons were gone. They'd finally get their hand and snatch for the middle only to find the spoons long gone.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just looked up the details for it. I know the game. We played it a lot but without money. We called it 51, but there are variations of it. My favourite one is Shithead.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's like how when we were younger we used to played Uno, these blokes play concan. Kids these days pffft... if they were to play cards they'd do it on their iPads and shit.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's like how when we were younger we used to played Uno, these blokes play concan. Kids these days pffft... if they were to play cards they'd do it on their iPads and shit.
I get that. Mate says, "You feel like playing some poker tonight?". I say, "Sure". He says, "It's on this website. Just log in then we can talk over headsets"

That's not poker.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I mean I only use my iPad a couple of times a day - on the train to and from work to kill time, and when I wake up in the morning 1 hour before I actually need to get up. But kids these days live on them and are on them all the time... it absolutely kills me seeing them like that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I get that. Mate says, "You feel like playing some poker tonight?". I say, "Sure". He says, "It's on this website. Just log in then we can talk over headsets"

That's not poker.
Only time I play online is the free satellite games to win entry into real tourneys.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Want to get in on this.

Botto sound racist but when old wogs get a bad rub of cards they go berserk and on tilt to levels not seen anywhere.

If they were presidents with nuclear warheads they’d bomb everyone out of anger at missing their flush.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Want to get in on this.

Botto sound racist but when old wogs get a bad rub of cards they go berserk and on tilt to levels not seen anywhere.

If they were presidents with nuclear warheads they’d bomb everyone out of anger at missing their flush.
This is the most sane thing you have said lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I mean I only use my iPad a couple of times a day - on the train to and from work to kill time, and when I wake up in the morning 1 hour before I actually need to get up. But kids these days live on them and are on them all the time... it absolutely kills me seeing them like that.
But you're online during 'work' as well lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
But you're online during 'work' as well lol
Yeah but not on the iPad, I'm at work with nothing to do lol. Works comes in all day so the times between I'm on here :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.